Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2021, 07:07 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,363,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
So much for cancer and chemo you mean. The booster takes a few weeks for full effect and it sounds like your friend has the odds against him with those. Sorry to hear that.
Tried to rep you but I couldn't so soon. Anyway, I agree with all this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2021, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
That's for sure. We just learned of a friend who was admitted to ICU with severe covid. He had gotten his third covid "booster" shot about two weeks ago. He has cancer, on chemotherapy and I know he wore masks, safe distanced, all that.

So much for the boosters........
If he has been admitted with severe COVID he didn't just get it - he has probably had it now for several days or even a week or more. The boosters take several weeks to take full effect and he just got it "about two weeks ago" you said. So it just sounds like timing and other comorbidities weakening him. I hope he recovers though.

I think most people who get the vaccines or boosters realize that it's not a 100 percent guarantee they won't catch COVID 19.

Old 10-03-2021, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
So are you all willing to take these boosters indefinitely and unquestioningly? Or anything else the government tells you to take?
I'm willing to take COVID boosters just like I am willing to take various flu vaccines each year. Why? Because they work for me and I don't have significant adverse reactions to keep from taking either. This doesn't translate into "anything else the government tells me to take."

Old 10-03-2021, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
they sure seem to be. I dont understand how people can just do what the medical profession or govt tells them to do almost no questions asked. I have never understood it.
Do you register your vehicle? Do you sort of follow traffic laws? Do you file a tax return if the law requires it? Do you eat stuff you buy from the grocery store? Do you have ANY vaccinations? I don't even want you to answer here, but I want you to honestly think about how you go about following any laws - how many questions do you honestly ask?

Old 10-03-2021, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
You mean you can't find anything on this list that would cover you? Because if you are 48 it would be pretty rare to escape all of this:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...onditions.html
Well, I'm 59 and called my doctor's office and they said I don't qualify yet, but probably will by November, when the restrictions are lowered. We determined this after a pretty lengthy discussion.

Old 10-03-2021, 07:27 AM

11,337 posts, read 10,984,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinwomb View Post
I don't have a single one of those conditions. I am in excellent health. My only conditions are osteoporosis (well managed with the Prolia, HRT, exercise, supplements though I had a stress reaction in mid shaft tibia during the pandemic that had to wait for treatment due to shut downs) and hypothyroidism (also well managed with medication). I am a healthy weight and I do not smoke or drink. My lipid profile is very clean, blood pressure low, no anemia or any other blood condition (in fact I regularly donate blood). I work from home as a full time medical coder. However, I am a caregiver and wife to someone with HIV, pulmonary fibrosis, and rheumatoid arthritis. But apparently the state health department also told me this does not qualify me to get an early covid vaccine, especially if he is able to get a vaccine himself. I did talk with someone from the state health department on the phone before my first vaccine because back in March I was randomly invited to fill out a form to get the vaccine, but then I was turned down because I did not meet qualifications after filling out the form. So I had to wait until May to get vaccinated the first round. Strangely two years prior I was talked into getting the pneumonia vaccine even though only 46 years old at that time because of being on Prolia which put me at increased risk for pneumonia due to lowered immune system. Go figure.
In your case, I’d simply lie and wouldn’t look back. If you are an HIV caregiver, it’s insane that the state would not allow you to maximize family immunity. Lying is wrong most of the time. In this case, it’s not.

Old 10-03-2021, 07:28 AM

11,337 posts, read 10,984,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well, I'm 59 and called my doctor's office and they said I don't qualify yet, but probably will by November, when the restrictions are lowered. We determined this after a pretty lengthy discussion.
November is right around the corner, so that’s not too bad.

Old 10-03-2021, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
November is right around the corner, so that’s not too bad.
That's true. It will be 8 months since my initial shots/vaccinations so I'm just hoping things hold. So far so good!

Old 10-03-2021, 01:54 PM

10,841 posts, read 7,232,097 times
I was just searching for more info on post-booster safety. Seems like masks are still needed.

Old 10-03-2021, 03:11 PM

15,116 posts, read 27,599,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
I was just searching for more info on post-booster safety. Seems like masks are still needed.
And that is relevant how?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness