Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2021, 02:37 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times

Advertisements

Two weeks after getting this vaccine... great.

Why can't they be specific about how many cases constitutes "rare".

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...on-2021-10-01/

Quote:
Oct 1 (Reuters) - The European Union's drug regulator on Friday identified a possible link between rare cases of blood clotting in deep veins with Johnson & Johnson's (JNJ.N) COVID-19 vaccine and recommended the condition be listed as a side-effect of the shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2021, 03:50 PM

5,714 posts, read 4,289,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Two weeks after getting this vaccine... great.

Why can't they be specific about how many cases constitutes "rare".

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...on-2021-10-01/

I believe most or all of the previous clotting issues in younger women were within the first 2 weeks, as are the vast majority of all vaccine side effects.

So you can exhale. You are fine. Things will go wrong with your body as you continue to age and they won't be because you got vaccinated.

Old 10-03-2021, 04:35 PM

1,147 posts, read 863,305 times
A rare disease is defined by statute as any disease that affects less than 200,000 Americans. This implies prevalence and not incidence.

"With the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, the CDC reports seeing thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome at a rate of about seven cases per 1 million vaccinated women between 18 and 49 years old. The blood clotting condition is even more rare in women over the age of 50."

https://www.cedars-sinai.org/blog/bl...0age%20of%2050.

"The authors of both papers speculate that the observed clotting condition is an immune response, similar to a rare reaction to the drug heparin, called heparin-induced thrombocytopenia. Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia is a syndrome characterized by a decrease in platelet count after beginning heparin, and has been reported in up to 5% of patients treated with heparin. PF4, a chemokine released from activated platelets during platelet aggregation, can bind to polyanions, such as heparin or lipopolysaccharides on bacteria, and undergo a conformational change. B lymphocytes generate antibodies against this PF4-anion complex, which is beneficial as a bacterial-host defense mechanism when PF4 is bound to the surface of bacteria, but if this occurs with heparin treatment, it can lead to strong platelet activation and aggregation, or the formation of blood clots.

In both cohorts, patients had high levels of IgG antibodies to PF4-polyanion complexes but had no prior history of heparin treatment. Both Schultz and Greinacher and colleagues termed this condition, "vaccine-induced immune thrombotic thrombocytopenia" (VITT). Both report that treatment with intravenous immune globulin, which inhibits the Fcγ receptor–mediated platelet activation, successfully improved platelet counts and recommend treatment with non-heparin anticoagulants."

https://advances.massgeneral.org/pul...e.aspx?id=1414

I would worry if you are. young and taking birth control pills or if you are pregnant. The cases appear related to prothrombotic states although there seems to be some bias in vaccine distribution so there might not be just in females.

They are still working out why some adenovirus vector vaccines are causing activation of platelets and the coagulation system. They are also trying to confirm the selectivity for young females. The Russian vaccine did not show any such incidences of thrombosis.

Old 10-04-2021, 04:13 AM

I am (soon to be 51).

But I will be watching out for issues this week.

I went to VARES and, in my state, there were 33 adverse effects involving clotting in my age group. Assuming that Vares is under reported lets say that was 300 adverse events, out of 330K shots.

There were several reports of Pulmonary Embolism 3 weeks out. So I think I will only feel safe around 6 weeks.

Old 10-04-2021, 07:04 AM

Quote:
I am (soon to be 51).

But I will be watching out for issues this week.

I went to VARES and, in my state, there were 33 adverse effects involving clotting in my age group. Assuming that Vares is under reported lets say that was 300 adverse events, out of 330K shots.

There were several reports of Pulmonary Embolism 3 weeks out. So I think I will only feel safe around 6 weeks.

I'm sure you'll find something to blame on the vaccine, you sure are working hard at it!

Old 10-04-2021, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
I'm sure you'll find something to blame on the vaccine, you sure are working hard at it!
Yeh that whole life threatening side effect is just in my head.

You sure are working hard at minimizing the danger.

Old 10-04-2021, 07:40 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
It's VAERS.
Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System.

It's also HIPAA but I digress. Anyway...

Arya Stark, what makes you think that people are underreporting adverse events? Please give a source and thanks in advance.

I had the vaccine in early March and I am STILL getting notifications to report anything and everything from VAERS. (I have nothing to report but I'm glad to see they're still interested, I guess.)

Can you please provide the link to the VAERS information by state? Thanks. I can't find it on the VAERS site.

Old 10-04-2021, 07:54 AM

1,974 posts, read 1,103,462 times
Main thing I would do is take some Nattokinase or Neprinol if you can get it(vitamin shoppe sometimes has it in store). Natto will eat through clots, Neprinol will do the same + help digest proteins in the blood.

-Take some fish oil + vit E(full spectrum)

-baby aspirin

-Limit salt, sugar/bread, and caffeine

-Several foods like arugula, carrots, and spinach open up your blood vessels via nitric oxide - link

Old 10-04-2021, 08:16 AM

Quote:

You were convinced something bad would happen before you got vaccinated. I'm not trying to minimize anything, I'm just trying to keep the risk in perspective. Meanwhile, you are assuming that blood clots are 10 times more numerous than reported, an assumption with no justification, and you seem to assume all of the reported conditions in VAERS are actually caused by the vaccine...

In fact 33 out of 330 K (your numbers) is EXACTLY 1 in 1000, which was the incidence of such clotting in the general population long before anyone heard of Covid-19

Venous thrombosis, including deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism, occurs at an annual incidence of about 1 per 1000 adults. Rates increase sharply after around age 45 years, and are slightly higher in men than women in older age.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2020806/

Old 10-04-2021, 08:43 AM

3,082 posts, read 1,545,725 times
Quote:

a few months ago I read an opinion piece in the NYT (i think) about the disconnect between the primary physician and the epidemiologist. the epidem only cares about the health of the millions, and the primary should care about the individual. That disconnect is never discussed, and its a conversation that needs to happened. The writer felt the disconnect is responsible for alot of the angst in this country concerning the vaccine. Two completely different medical positions and the patient is caught in the middle. it was an interesting piece. Food for thought!

as for your comment, it seems like the vaxxers want to minimize the danger. either they refuse to believe those serious side effects can happen or like the epidem it doesnt matter. Its nothing to them. But to the individual who may have unusual reactions the side effects are everything. Total disconnect.

if you start feeling funny call your dr. Don't wait! and don't feel guilty about bugging him/her. Keep on bugging!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness