Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2021, 11:34 AM

18,929 posts, read 43,254,623 times

Advertisements

Mine actually started in my mid 30s (I'm 42 now), not long after having lithotripsy for a kidney stone. I don't know if the ureter stent wasn't sterilized or what, but I ended up with a prostate infection shortly after that, and again a second time about two years ago.

I never have had any burning while urinating, mine has always been sudden urgency as the first symptom. The last time it was serious enough that I started running a fever, it came on very sudden. Went to work that morning feeling fine, and ended up in urgent care that evening. Unfortunately I don't think the infections ever really go away, I think they just get suppressed for awhile and eventually come back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2021, 11:42 AM

3,743 posts, read 5,804,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
A PSA test can't indicate that you have cancer. I'm guessing the elevated PSA led to a biopsy. It is a screening tool that shows that your prostate should be looked at closer. The urologist would likely do a DRE and decide if a biopsy is required. I've had elevated PSAs and the urologist has never done a biopsy. The PSA is not very accurate. Many things can affect PSA levels such as an ejaculation up to 48 hours before the test. Some drugs will make the level lower than it actually is.
Okay, I corrected it. The biopsy did come back positive. I was and am not on any drugs that would have affected the PSA. I am just grateful that the side effects afterwards are minimal and I have had great yearly checkups.

Old 10-23-2021, 07:05 PM

4,525 posts, read 12,340,446 times
My issue started in my late 30s. My doctor thought of diabetes but it wasn't that. A lot of non-doctor types suggested UTI as the cause, but that was never an issue. Examination has not indicated any detectable enlargement, so the actual cause is unknown. There may be an issue with the muscle that controls the valve the empties the bladder.

I've been on medication for 20+ years. Even with the medication, on a good night I have to get up once, but there are many nights when I have to get up twice. On bad nights, it can be 3 or even 4 times.

During the day, 90 minutes is fairly typical, but I can push it to 2 hours. However, sometimes during the day, I'll go and then 5 minutes later I'll need to go again. Even though I really tried the first time, I didn't void completely.

I had a catheter put in once for examination purposes. I'm not undergoing that again. NOPE. No way.

My doctor has suggested the urethral lift, but I've not pursued it because of cost.

Old 10-23-2021, 07:34 PM

6,560 posts, read 4,705,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I had no problem until about age 64, when I began having to go more frequently. Eventually, in 2019 the Urologist discovered bladder cancer that had spread to my prostate, both ending up being removed, and then 6 months of chemo, ending in May 2020.
This was going to be part of my reply. Don’t just assume your urinary issues are “age related prostate issues”. My husband made that mistake, waited until it was pretty excruciating, ended up with bladder cancer, chemo, and a radical cystectomy.

Old 10-23-2021, 09:39 PM

7,826 posts, read 11,717,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kettlepot View Post

I had a catheter put in once for examination purposes. I'm not undergoing that again. NOPE. No way.
I have heard you are given an anesthetic.. but probably very painful even with that

Old 10-24-2021, 07:00 AM

30,168 posts, read 20,887,963 times
I started to P every 20 mins years ago.

Old 10-24-2021, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
I started to P every 20 mins years ago.
Then you have some issue and should check it out.. that isn't normal. Normal interval should be around 2-3 hours.

Old 10-24-2021, 02:54 PM

30,168 posts, read 20,887,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Then you have some issue and should check it out.. that isn't normal. Normal interval should be around 2-3 hours.
Depends on the weather. My avg is once a hour but at nite dwight i only have to go once. But winters makes me go more during the day. The sex drive dropped off the map also when all this started when i was around 42.

Old 10-25-2021, 02:07 PM

I have read that anxiety/stress can also cause frequent urination by tensing up the pelvic muscles...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness