Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2021, 12:52 PM

17,619 posts, read 17,665,401 times

Advertisements

Don’t know if this has ever been studied before. Has there ever been a study on why different types of alcohol and marijuana generate a different type of intoxication response? The mass intoxicant are always the same so why does one type of alcoholic drink or strain of marijuana create a different type of response in the user?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2021, 07:03 PM

61,704 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Generally speaking, weed tends to come with fewer risks than alcohol, but there are a lot of factors to consider. Plus, they’re unique substances that produce different effects, which makes side-by-side comparisons difficult.
Reactions to weed and alcohol differ from person to person.
Even just alcohol has different effect on different people.

Old 10-30-2021, 04:56 AM

7,257 posts, read 5,131,727 times
Modern weed has been selectively bred to give different amounts of the active substances in the different strains. Each substnace can have its own effects-- antianxiety, analgesic, hallucinogenic, etc etc.

Fermented drinks all contain the same ethanol, the active chemical, plus variable contaminants that give each its distinctive color & taste, but probably don't influence the effects of the ethanol. Mixing the alc with sugary ingredients can infuence the way it's abosrbed and metabolized, so that might affect the effects it has on the drinker....(in metaboizing the ethanol, it must be turned into aldehyde and that's the "poisonous" part of the process. How quickly & how high it builds up in your system determines the course of things.)

Old 10-30-2021, 11:21 AM

2,043 posts, read 1,659,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Don’t know if this has ever been studied before. Has there ever been a study on why different types of alcohol and marijuana generate a different type of intoxication response? The mass intoxicant are always the same so why does one type of alcoholic drink or strain of marijuana create a different type of response in the user?

My friends and I already did those studies in college. However, we never got around to writing a report on the results.

Old 10-30-2021, 11:22 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,643,077 times
What I noticed is, with alcohol, you THINK you can do something (walk, drive) but you can't/shouldn't.

With weed, you think you can't, but you really can. Just my experience. I would never drive after using either unless just a very minimal amount.

For sure it affects everyone differently. I just know an edible is my key to uninterrupted sleep.

Old 11-01-2021, 04:32 AM

7,257 posts, read 5,131,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
What I noticed is, with alcohol, you THINK you can do something (walk, drive) but you can't/shouldn't.

That's exactly right. Ethanol affects judgement earler and way more extesively than it affects reflexes or coordination. Those don't become imparied untill you're really wasted, but just a drink or two and your judgement decreases.

That's the basis of that T-Shirt about Tequila-- one drink I'm funny Two drinks I'm handsome Three drinks I'm strong and Four drinks I'm bullet proof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness