Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2021, 09:26 PM

730 posts, read 1,657,558 times

Advertisements

Had my out about 5 years ago, as a stone got stuck in the bile duct. The pain was bad not not horrible. I could not eat or drink during this time. As I am on a blood thinner, the surgeon could not do the laparoscopic surgery right then, so he put a shunt in the bile duct to allow drainage. A few weeks later, I had the outpatient surgery. There was a few days of pain, but I was back at work in 4 days.

The incredible thing is that my gall bladder was responsible for all of my prior gastro issues. Once it was out all of my acid reflux disappeared. No issues at all after the removal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2021, 09:49 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,402,263 times
I started running a fever and had nausea. I was thinking it was Covid. Anyway, late one Friday night (why is it always late night on a weekend??), I had such pain that I called an ambulance. I thought maybe it was (another) kidney stone, but the pain was in the wrong spot. Turned out it was a gallstone that was moving and tearing up my my gallbladder and pancreas. I had it out and suffered about six months before my stomach settled down. I don't seem to have any digestive problems that I notice. But trust me, I didn't really want to have it out either. I feel like these things are there for a reason!

Old 09-19-2023, 10:32 AM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,202,023 times
fluffythewondercat - I have the information about what to do if we don't want to have surgery to remove our gallbladder. It doesn't sound like you need surgery, at this point....but you would need to reseaarch and decide for yourself. What we do in this case is to (see this video from Dr. Berg, who helps so many people to figure out what they may want to do): https://youtu.be/_PDc5xI1b5U?si=7FjXaejaSQpjnBRH Even Dr. Berg does not tell us what to do, he provides the information he finds in his research.

I am thinking about what I need to do - surgery or no surgery? For myself, because I don't have the most severe symptoms, I woulld like to give the holistic method a shot.

Old 09-20-2023, 07:15 AM

547 posts, read 327,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'M' View Post
fluffythewondercat - I have the information about what to do if we don't want to have surgery to remove our gallbladder. It doesn't sound like you need surgery, at this point....but you would need to reseaarch and decide for yourself. What we do in this case is to (see this video from Dr. Berg, who helps so many people to figure out what they may want to do): https://youtu.be/_PDc5xI1b5U?si=7FjXaejaSQpjnBRH Even Dr. Berg does not tell us what to do, he provides the information he finds in his research.

I am thinking about what I need to do - surgery or no surgery? For myself, because I don't have the most severe symptoms, I woulld like to give the holistic method a shot.

avoid removal unless absolutely necessary. removal hinders digestive system.

for those w/out gallbladder recommend adding digestive supplements -- bile salts, apple cider vinegar, digestive enzymes. your system needs the help. note -- take acv with the digestive enzymes, there is a synergistic effect between the two

Old 09-21-2023, 05:51 PM

4,412 posts, read 4,898,602 times
My mom had hers out when I was just a little kid. The surgery back then was a bigger deal than it is now. She didn't want to have the surgery and kept putting it off. She would have these horrible attacks that scared us kids because she couldn't walk or move and sometimes we thought she was going to die. Eventually she started getting jaundiced and to this day I think the only reason she had the surgery was because she couldn't hide that she was turning yellow.

The recovery was a lot harder then but she instantly felt better getting it out. After it was all over all of us were wishing she would have done it sooner. She's never had any problems with her digestion or diet since getting it out.

Old 09-22-2023, 10:21 AM

50,787 posts, read 24,289,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terracore View Post
My mom had hers out when I was just a little kid. The surgery back then was a bigger deal than it is now. She didn't want to have the surgery and kept putting it off. She would have these horrible attacks that scared us kids because she couldn't walk or move and sometimes we thought she was going to die. Eventually she started getting jaundiced and to this day I think the only reason she had the surgery was because she couldn't hide that she was turning yellow.

The recovery was a lot harder then but she instantly felt better getting it out. After it was all over all of us were wishing she would have done it sooner. She's never had any problems with her digestion or diet since getting it out.
Yes, I remember back in the 1950s when my grandmother had her gall bladder removed, and it was many weeks of painful recovery. When I had mine removed about 10 years ago, I was back to most activities on the 4th day following surgery.

Old 09-23-2023, 01:41 PM

30,431 posts, read 21,241,024 times
No.

Old 09-23-2023, 05:20 PM

50,787 posts, read 24,289,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
No.
no what?

Old 09-23-2023, 05:35 PM

30,431 posts, read 21,241,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
no what?
I still gots mine. Hate to see what a pital would charge to yank it out. I bet like 200k in a ER. I would just die first.

Old 09-23-2023, 06:23 PM

99,541 posts, read 4,490,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbeagles View Post
I had my gallbladder out years ago when they started taking it out laproscopically. It was a breeze. I can eat anything I want to eat and nothing bothers me; no digestive issues.

I had mine removed 10 years ago laparoscopically. No problem at all. I had to sleep on my back for a couple of nights due to soreness, but that quickly got better. Resumed a normal diet and haven't had any digestive problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness