Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2021, 01:31 PM

2,391 posts, read 1,404,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
My office mate uses "they/them" pronouns and would describe themself as nonbinary. So for them, they can answer that as they were assigned female at birth (for medical reasons,) but that's not how they identify in their life. If it's woke to treat people as they'd like to be treated and to use the language that makes them comfortable, then let me be woke. It does me no harm.
Let’s say you were forced to describe your sexuality in a way that is alien to you, then that would constitute harm. This is exactly what this question does.

Old 12-01-2021, 01:35 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
Yes, but everyone is forced to answer the question transgender or not. Why should 99.9% of their clients be forced into an unnatural sexual identification so that .1% can feel OK. I do NOT identify as someone whose sex was assigned at birth. And in fact my sex was not assigned, it was discovered. I was so angry, I wanted to check neither one but that was not an option. I was forced into a sexual identity that is not mine!

But you were totally fine with how it was before? Check Male or Female? Just rephrasing it set you off?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-01-2021, 01:46 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
My office mate uses "they/them" pronouns and would describe themself as nonbinary. So for them, they can answer that as they were assigned female at birth (for medical reasons,) but that's not how they identify in their life. If it's woke to treat people as they'd like to be treated and to use the language that makes them comfortable, then let me be woke. It does me no harm.
Why do I need to know how someone else identifies in their life? That's personal, no?

Are they interested in ME? Nope. Not even close. See, I'm a hetero female. Nothing special. Think "they" would like to hear about me and my family and all the normal stuff we do on a daily basis? Doubtful. Yet I'm supposed to feel and think and WANT to be interested in every possible interaction "they" have throughout the day and carefully choose MY words so as not to upset "them" least "they" go to HR and try to get me fired for not celebrating the fact that "they" were sooo courageous by wearing a dress/tie/colored hair when "they" went to the dry cleaners that morning.

Good grief. People need to grow up. This continued pandering to adolescence is killing us all.

Old 12-01-2021, 01:47 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
As a mixed Caucasian Mexican, I can tell you that you are free to choose what you put on your birth certificate.

My father had Caucasian, and he was 2nd generation 100% Mexican.

So yep, you can choose that. /lol
Don't let that secret out. Will be a huge uptake in minority "assignments" on birth certificates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness