Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2021, 03:05 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51squirrel33 View Post
my simple curiosity is: did anyone of you actually reported your side effects to those that may register them, although these days side effects are being silenced anyway
Understanding that it is federal felony to say anything about vaxxs that gov doesn't want to hear, it tickles me how long this tread will be on here
(wishing all covid free life and the best health!)
Reported mine to VAERS, found thousands with the same side effects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2021, 03:11 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Because, I know what to look for. My hemoglobin dropped very low after the 2nd and no one knew what was wrong with me. After they figured it out it was easy to treat. Turns out it is very common after the Moderna shots.
Glad you were able to get it resolved and it was easy to treat.

Old 12-05-2021, 04:15 PM

2,391 posts, read 1,403,354 times
On hour 63 of side effects.

So, 24 hours of pretty high fever (101 to 102) with chills, muscle aches, fatigue — basically non functional

Then, 24 hours of low grade fever (99-99.5) and feeling blech, still tired and achy — semi functional

And today, no more fever, but still fatigue. Went out for a run and gave up after 15 minutes (I usually do 45min), just couldn’t go on. Also just dragging all day.

Hopefully the fourth day will be the charm

Sincerely hope I don’t have to go through this every six months …

Old 12-05-2021, 08:08 PM

8,227 posts, read 3,414,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
Ugh. Still sick. I had a fever up to 102 yesterday whenever the Ibuprofen wore off and even with the Ibuprofen, I still felt pretty sick. I am, at the moment, up out of bed at 2am waiting for the latest Ibuprofen to kick in so I can stop shaking and go back to sleep. So far 22 hours of pretty bad side effects. I just keep telling myself: “This sucks, but it’s surely better than getting Covid.”
There is no way to know if getting covid would have been worse, since it effects different people very differently. Some get minimal symptoms or none at all. Some get very sick, it all depends. But you can't assume covid is always worse than the vaccine.

Old 12-06-2021, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
There is no way to know if getting covid would have been worse, since it effects different people very differently. Some get minimal symptoms or none at all. Some get very sick, it all depends. But you can't assume covid is always worse than the vaccine.
I am very pro-vaccine, but I was actually wondering about this. A lot of my friends have told me that my side effects were good news since they suggest I have a very strong immune system. But, if I have such a strong immune system, maybe I could have just relied on it to deal with the Covid? With my immune response, I must actually be at very low risk of severe Covid, no?

Old 12-06-2021, 06:38 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times
A couple of days of fatigue and lethargy after each Moderna dose. Booster was probably the worst of the three. No big deal. A little worse than a flu shot but well worth the minor inconvenience.

Old 12-06-2021, 08:55 AM

9,848 posts, read 7,712,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Because, I know what to look for. My hemoglobin dropped very low after the 2nd and no one knew what was wrong with me. After they figured it out it was easy to treat. Turns out it is very common after the Moderna shots.
So glad to hear you're better.

I've been keeping an eye on Floorist's posts because my friend had the same issue, they kept giving him iron infusions but he didn't make it.

Old 12-06-2021, 09:46 AM

3,121 posts, read 2,063,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
I am very pro-vaccine, but I was actually wondering about this. A lot of my friends have told me that my side effects were good news since they suggest I have a very strong immune system. But, if I have such a strong immune system, maybe I could have just relied on it to deal with the Covid? With my immune response, I must actually be at very low risk of severe Covid, no?
The inflammatory cytokine response you had is your innate immune system reacting to the foreign invader. It has no known relationship to how well or how poorly your adaptive immune system (T and B cells) will protect you. The adaptive immune system helps you gain immunity, not the initial inflammatory response from your innate system.

A strong symptomatic innate immune response is not an indication of a strong immune system.The majority of people have fought off this virus with either mild or no symptoms at all (even before vaccinations). Most didn't have dramatic inflammatory innate immune responses. So no, you cannot conclude that your strong inflammatory response to the foreign invader indicates that you would have a mild case with or without the vaccine, but you also cannot conclude that you wouldn't have a mild case.

Maybe your immune system tends to overreact, or is overactive. Haven't you posted about having autoimmune issues in the past?

Last edited by SimplySagacious; 12-06-2021 at 10:17 AM..

Old 12-06-2021, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
The inflammatory cytokine response you had is your innate immune system reacting to the foreign invader. It has no known relationship to how well or how poorly your adaptive immune system (T and B cells) will protect you. The adaptive immune system helps you gain immunity, not the initial inflammatory response from your innate system.

A strong symptomatic innate immune response is not an indication of a strong immune system.The majority of people have fought off this virus with either mild or no symptoms at all (even before vaccinations). Most didn't have dramatic inflammatory innate immune responses. So no, you cannot conclude that your strong inflammatory response to the foreign invader indicates that you would have a mild case with or without the vaccine, but you also cannot conclude that you wouldn't have a mild case.

Maybe your immune system tends to overreact, or is overactive. Haven't you posted about having autoimmune issues in the past?
Thanks! This is a great response. I learned something on C-D!

Yes, we are currently trying to suss out whether or not I have an autoimmune disease. What is clear though is that I have a strong positive ANA titer, so even if I’m asymptomatic (I mean in the context of the work up for possible autoimmune disease), there might well be something screwy w my immune system.

It is becoming a real problem for me with vaccines though. I also had a severe reaction to the Shingrex vaccine back in August. That reaction was even worse than my reaction to the Covid booster. I had a 103 fever and was out of commission for three days. I am supposed to get the second Shingrex vaccine soon, but am very seriously considering skipping it since 1) the reaction to the second dose is often worse than the first 2) it doesn’t provide lifelong protection - only 4-5 years, 3) the risk for shingles increases as you age and I am still relatively young 4) I am sick of getting sick from vaccines 5) I also find taking them a little scary as I went deaf in one ear after a flu shot 7 years ago (seriously the day after the shot I lost my hearing and never recovered it). So, yeah. Far from a no brainer …

Old 12-06-2021, 01:06 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,661,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishgirlyc58 View Post
Did they say you were likely allergic to the PEG ingredient in the vaccines?
I ask because I have had an allergic reaction to the Moderna booster and they think that ingredient is the likely culprit. I did have a mild allergic reaction to the second dose but it resolved itself within a week. I’m now almost a month in and still have hives etc.
I did not have an allergic reaction to either shingles doses.
Appointment with an allergist in January.
Thanks for posting this.

We had our second Moderna shot around noon, the following morning around 3:00 AM I woke up gasping for air and feeling really bad so I checked my oxygen levels which were 90 and my heart rate was high for me, over 100. It took several hours before I could get up. For the next week I felt like I had a bad case of the flu.

Since everyone claims those shots are Fauci's gift to the world, I never bothered to report the reaction but have no intention of letting them jab me again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness