Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2021, 12:07 AM

1,972 posts, read 1,099,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
You’re going to miss an opportunity to see fam/friends for a possible cold!????

God help us all.
I just had it and the flu was far worse.

I thought very early on I would eventually get it with 2 kids. Why live in fear, just prepare for it?

Prevention
-keep your vitamin D up over 50, make sure to take K2 and vitamin A to balance it out..
-cut viral load with Xlear(nasal) + Scope(gargle/swish). Daily use will attack the virus the 1st day instead of day 3 with symptoms

if symptoms
-I took a decongestant + NAC + nattokinase(clots) for breathing/clots
-2x curcumin for inflammation and anti-viral
-Xlear + Scope every 4 hours

Resources
https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-c...ol-ENGLISH.pdf
https://breathemd.org/blog/2021/10/1...y-from-covid19
https://worldcouncilforhealth.org/re...lthy-families/

Old 12-24-2021, 04:09 AM

5,046 posts, read 3,951,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
It's difficult because vaccinated people can carry it also. Your friends are really the ones in danger. If they get it they could get very sick whereas someone who is vaccinated likely wont get as sick.

I guess it makes me wonder why the people who are unvaccinated have no fear of being out and about in a group?
The unvaccinated folks I know are generally younger and healthier and have eyeballed the stats.

Since they don’t see themselves as the ‘at risk’ group in the context of Covid, why would they have a great fear of going out and about?

Old 12-24-2021, 07:56 AM

3,426 posts, read 2,393,301 times
My neighbor has chosen not to vaccinate. She's not at risk, it's just her choice. Of course this limits her travel, she won't be going to certain countries or on cruises that require vaccines. There might be some doctors who refuse to treat her for illness unless she agrees to be vaccinated (and gets vaccinated). Sort of like if you bring your dog in because he's limping, the vet won't let him leave without a rabies shot if you can't prove he's already had one.

Not comparing a dog to a friend, just comparing a visit to a doctor for unrelated things, to a visit to a doctor for unrelated things.

Meanwhile, I'm fully vaccinated, and she and I hang out all the time. I have no problem with her being unvaccinated. I wish she WOULD, because I value our friendship and would hate to see her get horribly ill or hospitalized as a result of her choice. But at this point, I'm totally over the worry about myself. If I get COVID, I'll be either asymptomatic, or have few symptoms, or mild symptoms.

I had the beginnings of a cold last week, but it didn't last. For all I know, that might've been Covid-19. A cold IS a coronavirus. Maybe the vaccine minimizes cold symptoms too. And wouldn't THAT be amazing!

Old 12-24-2021, 08:14 AM

5,424 posts, read 3,482,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
In Florida (maybe just Miami??) the online signup questionnaire asks if you've been fully vaccinated. I'm not sure if fully means 2 vaccines and the booster but I assume so. This is at the Miami-Dade County free testing site through Nomi Health. They ask a number of questions - do you have a cough, sore throat, etc. I can't remember all the questions that are asked but there were about 7-8 health questions.
The questions the online registration form asks:

Cough
Decreased smell or taste
Fever
Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Muscle aches
Shortness of breath
Sore throat

Old 12-24-2021, 10:27 AM

8,144 posts, read 8,338,067 times
When I sent an evite for our large Thanksgiving party, on the Evite it stated: “Vaccinated guests welcome!” If I were doing a NYE party I would write “Vaccinated & boostered Welcome” because I don’t want someone to contract Covid at my party and wind up in the Hospital. Just not as likely to happen with innoculated people.

I would be traumatized if one of our guests came down with a life-taking case shortly following our party. So I’m just not open to holding gatherings for those who choose not to be vaccinated.

Old 12-24-2021, 10:53 AM

5,046 posts, read 3,951,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
When I sent an evite for our large Thanksgiving party, on the Evite it stated: “Vaccinated guests welcome!” If I were doing a NYE party I would write “Vaccinated & boostered Welcome” because I don’t want someone to contract Covid at my party and wind up in the Hospital. Just not as likely to happen with innoculated people.

I would be traumatized if one of our guests came down with a life-taking case shortly following our party. So I’m just not open to holding gatherings for those who choose not to be vaccinated.
And if you invited only younger and healthier folks who were Covid-vaccinated and Covid-boostered and mailed them all Covid tests to take just prior you would really cut the chances of a subsequent Covid-related hospital visit for one of your guests.

That would be quite traumatic for some hosts.

(Of course, one of the guests could be hit by a bus on the way over or contract flu at the party and die of it but there are risks in everything I guess.)

Old 12-24-2021, 10:56 AM

1,250 posts, read 677,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post

None of this makes any sense.

Vaccinated and unvaccinated get and spread at same rate.

Your invitation(s) make absolutely no sense from a medical standpoint - maybe political, but not medical.

I am having trouble understanding how, at this point, so many people don't understand that the virus is gotten and spread by all - the vaccine ONLY impacts you - no one else - (and it doesn't seem to be doing a good job).

Old 12-24-2021, 11:36 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandi9 View Post
I am truly in the belief that everyone should get vaccinated or not get vaccinated if they chose for covid.

I am vaccinated. All my friends are vaccinated.

Except my one best friend and her husband won't get it.

My friend kept using the excuse that she wanted to see how safe it was. I got that. Then wait for it to be FDA cleared. It's much better now. But they still won't get the vaccine.

I invited a small group of friends over for New Years. She's my best friend and I would never leave her out.

I invited her and her husband.

But now I am extremely nervous about them bringing covid. Anyone could bring it, I get that. But my friend works at a community center with teens and adults. And she isn't vaccinated.

My parents work in Healthcare and they are getting calls left and right about patients having Omicron. So it is spreading.

What do I do about my friend and her husband not being vaccinated?

Again, I'd never want to not invite them due to vaccination status. I just wish they'd get it, then our whole group would be vaccinated and I'd feel better.
Well that's where you made your mistake. You already invited them and it would be rude to uninvited them. Just make sure your other guests know, so they can make their decisions. I wouldn't go, but that just me. They can choose.

Old 12-24-2021, 11:48 AM

8,144 posts, read 8,338,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingandwondering View Post
None of this makes any sense.

Vaccinated and unvaccinated get and spread at same rate.

Your invitation(s) make absolutely no sense from a medical standpoint - maybe political, but not medical.

I am having trouble understanding how, at this point, so many people don't understand that the virus is gotten and spread by all - the vaccine ONLY impacts you - no one else - (and it doesn't seem to be doing a good job).
This issue is the likely degree severity of being ill with Covid for the unvaccinated. One of our friends recently died with Covid. A 50 year old man!

Old 12-24-2021, 02:59 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Since people continue to get and spread Covid whether or not they were jabbed, just worry about yourself. Maybe find new friends who already had Covid and are now immune -- can't get it, can't spread it.

Strange Dr. FauXi and media propaganda ignore the millions who've already had Covid and are immune. Why? No more money to be made?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness