Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2021, 08:39 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Sadly (angrily - people that aren't vaxxed are taking up the resources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Most of what I saw were scared people who feel sick they run to the hospital hoping to get some kind of treatment like Monoclonal antibody infusion. The ones I was talking to they all were vaxxed still were scared most had been there waiting for 12 hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2021, 08:48 PM

22,176 posts, read 19,217,049 times
i have found that it's the norm for wait time in the ER to be 12+ hours.
this was well before the pandemic

Old 12-24-2021, 09:50 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,960,932 times
One of the Plush Care doctors told me the secret to getting seen right away in the ER: Go between 2 and 5 am. I did this at the Mayo Clinic ER and he was right. I was the only patient there.

Old 12-24-2021, 10:10 PM

6,149 posts, read 4,514,052 times
I did that (with kidney stones) and had some b***h scream at me about why did I wait until the middle of the night and not come in at a normal time. Like I got to pick the time.

Old 12-24-2021, 11:30 PM

13,248 posts, read 7,308,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
One of the Plush Care doctors told me the secret to getting seen right away in the ER: Go between 2 and 5 am. I did this at the Mayo Clinic ER and he was right. I was the only patient there.
I left at 2:30am waiting room was full chairs are small plastic type jammed together about 1 inch between shoulders with person next to you.

Old 12-25-2021, 02:08 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times
Quote:
Went to the ER last night non covid related issue and was sat down in a waiting room no social distance usual small waiting room no one had been tested for covid. The guy I sat down by got to talking he thinks he has covid by his symptoms he had been there 14 hours not been seen other then nurse taking vital signs once every 2-3 hours.

I asked the nurse how long will it take she laughed said most have been waiting 12 hours or more. I saw elderly woman brought in by EMT's she fallen busted out some front teeth cut her face. They just put her in a wheel chair wheeled her into the same room full of possible coivd patients.

I finely left after 6 hours concluding my issues wasn't an emergency just go to my regular doctor. My only advice don't go to ER right now they are packed. I was surprised they don't give rapid test to everyone quarantine people accordingly. Right now not the time to get injured maybe I went to a poorly run hospital, and I had been there back in 2016 it took about 2 hours before I saw a doctor. Not sure if this is covid related or what.

My daughter was debating going two days ago, I was heavy into whatever I was doing that day, trying to do all I needed to do before getting my grandson from school, it was a half day. I didn't hear what she did to her toe except that it was all different colors.

I told her I'd drive her if that's what she wanted to do, spend time in the ER all day, she needed to let me know so I could adjust my day since I'd then have both of her kids.

In the end she didn't go. I saw her yesterday, apparently she dropped something on her foot from the top shelf at Walmart the other day. Her toe was probably broken, which they don't do anything for, so it would have been a wasted trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Not sure if this is the case everywhere, but if you come in via stretcher from ambulance you are usually triaged and seen ASAP. Obviously heart attacks, strokes, severe allergic reactions, severed limbs, near fatal accidents, etc are seen first.
The ambulance usually knows which ERs are packed.

My daughter went to the ER by ambulance about 2 months ago for internal bleeding. She was there close to 8 hours, they never got her in so she left. The ER by me is a joke most days.

Quote:

You know who's in the ER how?

If I had to guess, I'd say that people traveling or going to holiday events are the ones taking appointments.

Fully vaccinated people are getting COVID too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
I did that (with kidney stones) and had some b***h scream at me about why did I wait until the middle of the night and not come in at a normal time. Like I got to pick the time.

I would have told her I'm not stupid to come during the day this time of the year, that I'd rather go when everyone is sleeping.

Quote:
I left at 2:30am waiting room was full chairs are small plastic type jammed together about 1 inch between shoulders with person next to you.

I highly doubt they're disinfecting chairs these days like they did when COVID first started.

Old 12-25-2021, 05:03 AM

5,213 posts, read 3,013,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I'm in SW Florida, and the ERs, as well as the Urgent Care Centers in this neck of the woods are pretty much packed to the gills, similar to the description given by the OP. Some of the people coming in have respiratory symptoms ( many mild, I'm told) and they want covid tests to rule that out, but there are also many people with other issues. A big part of this problem is the heavy influx of people moving to the area, as well as the snowbirds who flock here every winter, with so many demands for healthcare ( and other services), the services are overwhelmed. It's happened here before during flu season with all the snowbirds but this influx of people moving here permanently has added exponentially to the problem.

My daughter tried to get in to see her primary care doctor yesterday- she called the afternoon before for an appointment there for a problem she was having, was informed that there were no more appointments available till next week and to go to an Urgent Care Center. She tried two of them in town, starting around mid-morning and was told they were completely booked for the day, and that she needed an appointment to even hope to see anyone. They told her even with an appointment for today there was no guarantee she'd be able to see anyone. Fortunately she did get in timely with an appointment today.

She was saying that any number of the people coming into the urgent care centers were there to get covid testing to meet their requirements for airline, or other travel- there are other testing places, but the lines there ( mostly people needing test results for travel) were impossibly long too. She also said the urgent cares had separate waiting areas for people with respiratory symptoms, and those there for other problems.
West Central Fl here and the wait time is about 10 minutes.

Old 12-25-2021, 05:08 AM

7,240 posts, read 4,548,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I have always had better luck with the ER early in the morning but then you risk being hit by a drunk driver on your way home.

I wouldn't go right now to the hospital / doctors because I feel like they have a serious burn out / attitude problem... and I worry that anything I go to them for they won't really deal with properly. I am seeing a similar thing with Vets for pets.

Old 12-25-2021, 07:32 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,248,697 times
Quote:
Absolutely profoundly incorrect. The fallacy of that agenda is being further exposed every day.

Old 12-25-2021, 07:40 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,143,957 times
Quote:
That is just plain not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness