Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2021, 04:11 PM

640 posts, read 450,099 times

Advertisements

OP, you are being charitable when you simply say, "CDC Experts Make Another Mistake." You should have at least briefly mentioned what their FIRST Covid mistake was. Well, let me fill the void. Their first tests in February 2020 were giving 97% positive results, so that a lab-grade distilled water was showing that it had Covid!

https://www.city-data.com/forum/heal...ded-false.html

CDC were told by other labs that their tests were defective, but nothing was changed until, I believe, August 2020. In other words, all the pressure on the Trump administration to lock down the country, all the hysteria in the press, all the trillions in wasted money were all helped by this bunk. As far as I know, some people at CDC were fired, but nobody went to jail.

Old 12-30-2021, 05:23 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strannik33 View Post
OP, you are being charitable when you simply say, "CDC Experts Make Another Mistake." You should have at least briefly mentioned what their FIRST Covid mistake was. Well, let me fill the void. Their first tests in February 2020 were giving 97% positive results, so that a lab-grade distilled water was showing that it had Covid!

https://www.city-data.com/forum/heal...ded-false.html

CDC were told by other labs that their tests were defective, but nothing was changed until, I believe, August 2020. In other words, all the pressure on the Trump administration to lock down the country, all the hysteria in the press, all the trillions in wasted money were all helped by this bunk. As far as I know, some people at CDC were fired, but nobody went to jail.
I think we need a list of CDC "honest mistakes."

Probably longer than the Oxford dictionary.

I also wonder about the accuracy of all these home tests. I'm guessing at least 80% will be positive, regardless of vaccine status or exposure.

But there is no way we will ever know.

Old 01-03-2022, 08:11 AM

1,525 posts, read 1,184,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Um.... you don't think 400,000 new cases a day warrants people testing themselves before get-togethers?

And BTW, I couldn't pick up a home covid test anywhere since October, way before omicron.
Actually, no. If you're feeling sick, don't go to the get-togethers. That holds true for any illness, not just Covid. I'm pretty sure I got it after being around a cousin on Christmas Eve who, two days later, tested positive. I started feeling sick on Monday, 12/27. So I did what I would do with any other sickness: stayed home and away from people. Oh, and told everyone I saw between Friday and Sunday that I had been exposed.

Covid, the flu, the cold...my reaction and treatment would have been the same. So, unless I needed to get tested for work or school, I saw no reason to do so.

Old 01-03-2022, 08:55 AM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers Girl View Post
Actually, no. If you're feeling sick, don't go to the get-togethers. That holds true for any illness, not just Covid. I'm pretty sure I got it after being around a cousin on Christmas Eve who, two days later, tested positive. I started feeling sick on Monday, 12/27. So I did what I would do with any other sickness: stayed home and away from people. Oh, and told everyone I saw between Friday and Sunday that I had been exposed.

Covid, the flu, the cold...my reaction and treatment would have been the same. So, unless I needed to get tested for work or school, I saw no reason to do so.
It's people who want to test to be sure and protect their family and friends. They aren't necessarily feeling ill.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-03-2022, 05:53 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
They have been playing fast and loose with the numbers from the get go.

Public trust in these so called "experts" is at an all time low.
Well, that's a problem they are bound to have because they keep "outing themselves" which is how science works - when they find an issue, a fault, a mistake, they let everyone know about it. But people are used to corruption and coverups...when things come to light it's of course assumed to be a bad thing rather than science continuing to correct itself and get closer to the true state of things.

Yeah, it's a very "unnatural" thing for people not trained in the sciences. Maybe there are non-science people who are familiar with Agile work processes usually found in IT - they say to "fail fast". To put your best product out there, find out the issues, and fail if needed so that you learn from it and put out a better product.

If you want "answers" right NOW, you'll get them, but they'll be subject to revision - that's how it works. Or you can just live in the dark forever until someone comes up with "perfection".

Old 01-03-2022, 06:00 PM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Well, that's a problem they are bound to have because they keep "outing themselves" which is how science works - when they find an issue, a fault, a mistake, they let everyone know about it. But people are used to corruption and coverups...when things come to light it's of course assumed to be a bad thing rather than science continuing to correct itself and get closer to the true state of things.

Yeah, it's a very "unnatural" thing for people not trained in the sciences. Maybe there are non-science people who are familiar with Agile work processes usually found in IT - they say to "fail fast". To put your best product out there, find out the issues, and fail if needed so that you learn from it and put out a better product.

If you want "answers" right NOW, you'll get them, but they'll be subject to revision - that's how it works. Or you can just live in the dark forever until someone comes up with "perfection".
Yep. Everyone demanding answers RIGHT NOW, and you better be right even though you haven't had enough time to figure out what's going on!

Can you imagine if we had to work that way?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-03-2022, 06:48 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
There's a long thread in Current Events for discussions like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness