Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why did you get vaccinated?
Because I believe in the science 24 63.16%
Because I felt forced to keep my job and social life 5 13.16%
Because it was easy to go with the flow and I have other vaccinations 4 10.53%
I am not vaccinated 3 7.89%
Other 4 10.53%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2022, 12:18 PM

14,302 posts, read 11,692,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball92 View Post
Natural immunity and our immune system is pretty incredible. I just saw that the CDC released a statement that NI is better than the vaxx for delta. Again, my issues were that I felt forced, just like your daughter and the false narrative that we are " safer" from exposure just isnt true.
That certainly doesn't seem to be the case with Omicron.

At the same time, two of the 9 people I mentioned had had Covid last summer, obviously a different strain, but it doesn't seem to have protected them from getting it again six months later. True, they didn't get very sick, but then none of us did. We all had mild cases.

Old 01-21-2022, 12:23 PM

200 posts, read 173,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
That certainly doesn't seem to be the case with Omicron.

At the same time, two of the 9 people I mentioned had had Covid last summer, obviously a different strain, but it doesn't seem to have protected them from getting it again six months later. True, they didn't get very sick, but then none of us did. We all had mild cases.
I had covid before I got vaxxed- not an issue. I have been fully vaxed since then and I actually recovered from covid last week. It lingered longer( about 5 total days) but was still pretty mild overall and neither were worse than any flu ive had in the past.

If I had to do a poll, Id say it was a bigger PIA after vaccination. I will not get anymore shots for this.

Old 01-21-2022, 12:26 PM

1,250 posts, read 678,246 times
Ha ha, re: "BELIEF" in science - lol

Old 01-21-2022, 12:32 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,563 posts, read 81,147,605 times
I selected "Other" because none of the other choices applied. When the vaccine came out I was under the care of 4 different doctors, with my cancer and chemo at the time: a Urologist, Nephrologist, Oncologist, and my General Practitioner. I asked each one of them if I should get the vaccine, and they all recommended it.

Old 01-21-2022, 12:52 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,057,058 times
Employer threatened termination if not vaxxed.

If I worked for Starbucks or had been unemployed, if I lived on the island nation of Tonga (zero deaths attrib to Coronavirus) I would have not gotten it.

Based on the death reports of the Delta -era, vax seemed like a good gamble.
Based on the death rates of this Omicron, would not get the vax - speaking only for myself.

Maybe that's "survivor bias" thinking, but whatever.

Old 01-21-2022, 02:08 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,612,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post

Based on the death reports of the Delta -era, vax seemed like a good gamble.
Based on the death rates of this Omicron, would not get the vax - speaking only for myself.

Maybe that's "survivor bias" thinking, but whatever.
Except delta has not stopped circulating just because omicron is highest.

Old 01-21-2022, 02:23 PM

23,278 posts, read 18,810,120 times
Wish you'd provided an option that combined two or more reasons. Some of us tallied up multiple reasons including another you didn't offer (to make the best use of the available toolbox), weighed the pros and cons, and made the decision that way.

Old 01-21-2022, 02:40 PM

2,893 posts, read 2,141,584 times
Quote:
Natural immunity and our immune system is pretty incredible. I just saw that the CDC released a statement that NI is better than the vaxx for delta. Again, my issues were that I felt forced, just like your daughter and the false narrative that we are " safer" from exposure just isnt true.

citation please

Old 01-21-2022, 02:42 PM

6,343 posts, read 2,893,854 times
I had covid and it was a day in bed. I didn't think I needed a vax but I got 2 doses so I could go to concerts.

Old 01-21-2022, 02:47 PM

2,032 posts, read 1,655,886 times
Quote:
Death wish?! Lol. Gimme a break with the doom and gloom. Why are you guys like this?! What a Clown comment for a virus with a a 99% survival rate and that’s with bad biased data. Again, I am vaccinated and though I felt forced I don’t have medical concerns with or without it. But it’s not keeping any of us from getting or spreading it- even if Rachel maddow says so. Lol

I’m not anti-government but I am anti tyranny and overreaching of our government.

If only I got a stimmy. I was one of the ones who got to fund that garbage but didn’t qualify for the governments approval to spend my own money. Makes sense right? Completely different thread but if you pay in, you should have gotten a handout check. But, Sure glad my responsibility helped pay your bills while I just continue to get taxed to death being a successful sole provider for my family.

Ah, I can see where you want this thread to go. I'm not going to waste time giving a reason, but I do know more than one unvaccinated person who got covid and is now dead. The 1 percenters I suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness