Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2022, 11:54 AM

17,579 posts, read 15,254,427 times

Advertisements

Has anyone tried these yet? These are the eye drops to treat far sightedness.

https://www.webmd.com/eye-health/new...lose-up-vision

My eyes have.. Gone from perfect to where I need glasses for most reading or need to get arm extensions. I.. Just.. After 48 years of NOT wearing glasses.. I can't get used to it. I've thought about seeing whether the drops might work for me.

Just wondering if anyone has tried them, investigated them or anything. Or even if you can get them yet.. They've only just been approved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2022, 05:46 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Has anyone tried these yet? These are the eye drops to treat far sightedness.

https://www.webmd.com/eye-health/new...lose-up-vision

My eyes have.. Gone from perfect to where I need glasses for most reading or need to get arm extensions. I.. Just.. After 48 years of NOT wearing glasses.. I can't get used to it. I've thought about seeing whether the drops might work for me.

Just wondering if anyone has tried them, investigated them or anything. Or even if you can get them yet.. They've only just been approved.
I read the actual work as it was put to the FDA: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugs...028s000lbl.pdf

First of all, you obviously have to keep taking it. Second, what they found was that about 30% of those taking it "gained 3 lines" (on a vision chart) of close-up vision while losing a line or less of far-vision. So it can be a bit of a tradeoff. The 30% getting that increase in vision was a "statistically significant" gain compared to the 8% of those who got the placebo who showed that level of improvement.

30% is hardly a slam dunk, but it may be worth a try - just don't go in thinking everyone would see that. Maybe you only get a line of improvement or nothing. For $80/month, why not get contacts? I have multifocals that take care of my presbyobia and my nearsightedness at the same time, no readers needed!

Talk to your ophthalmologist to find out all the options that might be open to you (glasses, contacts, surgery, drops). Oh, also, it doesn't work forever - apparently if your vision is really bad or you're older, it is less effective, And.....it only works for 6 hours at a time and shouldn't be used when driving at night - lots of limitations to consider.

Old 01-23-2022, 04:19 PM

4,412 posts, read 4,902,551 times
I second the multifocal contact lenses. They don't work for everybody but they worked great for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness