Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2009, 12:22 AM

7 posts, read 21,638 times

Advertisements

hi every 1 i had a ct scan done last week results as follows my leg has to be rebroken so it involves removing the original plates and screws , breaking my leg , cleaning the join , doing A bone graft, adding some stimulator to help with knitting ,then re plate and screw my leg back together, i broke my leg 6 months ago and it never healed so this is wat ive got to go through all again yep it sucks....

Old 06-01-2009, 05:45 AM

189 posts, read 795,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhosler877 View Post
Nanny wondering with your stiffness,pain,some swelling around your ankle do you have feeling around your ankle area. I seem to have no feeling . Bev

Hi Bev,

Yes I do have feeling around my ankle area. I still have a couple areas that are tender to touch where the hardware is. I have some tingling sensations in some areas too.

Were you able to get any answers from your OS about going back for more PT? It just seems odd that they took your hardware out and sent you out on your own. And have you always had no feeling around your ankle? I did have some numbness and more tingling right after my surgeries, but the feeling gradually came back.

Nanny

Old 06-01-2009, 05:48 AM

189 posts, read 795,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewsup View Post
hi every 1 i had a ct scan done last week results as follows my leg has to be rebroken so it involves removing the original plates and screws , breaking my leg , cleaning the join , doing A bone graft, adding some stimulator to help with knitting ,then re plate and screw my leg back together, i broke my leg 6 months ago and it never healed so this is wat ive got to go through all again yep it sucks....

I am so so sorry you have to go through all of this again! Did your OS give you an explanation as to why your leg did not heal? How soon do you have to have your surgery? You will certainly be in my prayers.

Nanny

Old 06-01-2009, 06:50 AM

69 posts, read 334,273 times
chewsup,

I am so sorry you have to deal with! Just remember to try and stay positive!!

Margie

Old 06-01-2009, 08:03 AM

Nanny

CONGRATS on your good news !!!!

Margie

Old 06-01-2009, 08:51 AM

20 posts, read 50,554 times
hello all thank you to green eyes and nanny thank you for reaching out to me in my time of need i really need it now so sick of not being able to move around

Old 06-01-2009, 04:15 PM

139 posts, read 588,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nannyof2 View Post
Hi Bev,

Yes I do have feeling around my ankle area. I still have a couple areas that are tender to touch where the hardware is. I have some tingling sensations in some areas too.

Were you able to get any answers from your OS about going back for more PT? It just seems odd that they took your hardware out and sent you out on your own. And have you always had no feeling around your ankle? I did have some numbness and more tingling right after my surgeries, but the feeling gradually came back.

Nanny
My OS has been gone all last week due back tomorrow. Hopefully he will call me the girls there at office didnot want to set up an appt if he could just get this resolved over the phone. I have always had no feeling around the ankle fracture area where it shattered I thought it was due to infection from hardware but now that hardware is out its been 5 wks since that happened there is still not feeling around area, really swollen ice it 4-6 times a day no pain only every now and then. It really does concern me so hopefully the OS will call me tomorrow. Bev

Old 06-01-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewsup View Post
So sorry this has happened to you. Just stay positive. I too would wonder why bone didnot heal properly but to have to go in and rebreak the area cannot even imagine it. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Bev

Old 06-02-2009, 09:58 AM

Hello everyone,

Success hit my way today since hardware I was left hanging with no further therapy and I just could not do it on my therapy on my own. Today I was granted the so needed physical therapy for the next 4-6 weeks so they can teach me the therapy that I so need to do to get the feeling back and mobility back in my ankle. Word of advice never sit back and not say nothing... fight for yourself no one will... unless you do.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:17 PM

Bev,

I am so happy for you!!!!! That is some good advice.

Margie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness