Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2008, 09:17 AM

34 posts, read 328,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nel-compound fracture View Post
Sorry to hear Cannon, are you in any pain?
Is your tib showing new bone growth though??

Nel
Hi Nel--Yes I have a lot of pain. My tib showed alot of growth, but the graft I had didn't work.I'm just hoping I'll heal quickly after this graft. Thank you for your concern.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:42 PM

117 posts, read 699,576 times
Default Cannon 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNON 81 View Post
Hi Nel--Yes I have a lot of pain. My tib showed alot of growth, but the graft I had didn't work.I'm just hoping I'll heal quickly after this graft. Thank you for your concern.

I feel bad for you Cannon!
Did the os give you a date for the surgery?
We are hear for you, you are not alone.
Remember enjoy life today, hope you are taking
pain meds. Someday we will look back and say,
Wow can't believe I went through all that!!!!
god bless...

nel

Old 03-23-2008, 02:55 PM

Default Cannon 81

Hi there Cannon,
have you ever checked the website under my brokenleg.com?
OMGosh, it is very helpful, if you decide to check it, look under Jennifers diary, I just quickly read through her diary and she mention
about having a bone graft done, just trying to help you out cope
with your pain...

Nel

Old 03-23-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Hi there Cannon,
have you ever checked the website under my brokenleg.com?
OMGosh, it is very helpful, if you decide to check it, look under Jennifers diary, I just quickly read through her diary and she mention
about having a bone graft done, just trying to help you out cope
with your pain...

Nel
Hi Nel- My surgery is set for april 3rd. I hope this will fix me. I went to mybrokenleg website,and your right,there is lots of stories to read. Thanks for the information.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:12 AM

Default Hi there Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNON 81 View Post
Hi Nel- My surgery is set for april 3rd. I hope this will fix me. I went to mybrokenleg website,and your right,there is lots of stories to read. Thanks for the information.

My leg is bothering me this morning, I wonder if its the cold weahter or maybe I have sympathy pain, too much reading..
Just few more weeks till your surgery, soon it'll be over Cannon, you have our support, remember enjoy life today...

Nel

Old 03-24-2008, 02:47 PM

6 posts, read 31,218 times
hi to everyone, Its so nice to hear from people who had same experienced and get some insights. I broke my tib and fib last feb and now 6 weeks from surgery date. I had a rod put in and screws top and bottom. Im on partial weight bearing as orderd by my ortho doc. and on physio as well. I think this is the most challenging part of my life having to go through with all of this. Physio said that try to work out for one crutch by 8 weeks. Its sound very encouraging but im dreading the pain. Still ankle swollen a bit but good to mobilise it often. Just very frustrating sometime, I guess well all just be patient. Time heals

Old 03-24-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
My leg is bothering me this morning, I wonder if its the cold weahter or maybe I have sympathy pain, too much reading..
Just few more weeks till your surgery, soon it'll be over Cannon, you have our support, remember enjoy life today...

Nel
Thank you Nel for your support. Friends and family don't seem to understand what I'm going through like all of you here. I hope they never have to have a reason to understand it. Thanks again.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:27 PM

Default Hi there Cannon

Like you said friends and family think after few weeks the leg is all healed. I am very thankful in a way that my husband went through the same thing, it was his knee though, he was very understanding.
I use to hear from other people, shouldn't you be walking by now??
It drove me crazy!!! Hope you are taking pain meds Cannon that's what they are for, you don't have to live in misery, live comfortably...

Old 03-24-2008, 04:30 PM

Default Sgreaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgreaves View Post
hi to everyone, Its so nice to hear from people who had same experienced and get some insights. I broke my tib and fib last feb and now 6 weeks from surgery date. I had a rod put in and screws top and bottom. Im on partial weight bearing as orderd by my ortho doc. and on physio as well. I think this is the most challenging part of my life having to go through with all of this. Physio said that try to work out for one crutch by 8 weeks. Its sound very encouraging but im dreading the pain. Still ankle swollen a bit but good to mobilise it often. Just very frustrating sometime, I guess well all just be patient. Time heals

Welcome sgreaves, you have come to the right place, we all know how you are feeling.. Like you said it takes time to heal..
Remember it'll past, it'll just be a bad memory someday, chip up!

nel

Old 03-25-2008, 05:22 PM

When I broke my leg I always told myself, there is a reason for this..
Maybe it was to slow me down, living in a Fast pace life,,,,, or maybe I had forgotten how to enjoy life, with my family.. Or maybe it was to show me, that I have well power and strength to keep going forward.. Who knows...

The doctor tells me to start weight bearing, fear, anxiety takes over, yuk!! Learn how to walk all over again with baby steps. From ther life gets better slowly....
First few steps, check to make sure everyone is looking! I am soo pround of myself! From there I think I am a super women, yup I can to everythng. Thats when I forget to ask for help, they also think you can do it now you can walk, yeah okay!!! grrrr

When someone gets hurt around me and say *OUCH THAT HURT!! first thing that comes to my mind is, you have no idea what I've gone through!!! I've learnt not to say anything... I have alot more sympathy for those that get hurt, I want to be the first to help.

have faith and keep positive.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness