Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2008, 01:11 PM

117 posts, read 699,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy2312 View Post
thanx nel for supporting everyone its too hard to feel your not normal but everthing must take its time to heal , and belive me i'm suffering the same and maybe little bit more i have been watching my team play since dec. and i hope to get back soon before june coz we are starting a new season and i will be so sad if i did't ctach them in it whish you all luck

thank you! Like you said you are in a lot more pain then I am, I shouldn't complain, I still have good days and bad days.. I felt sorry
for myself yesterday, silly its all a blur, too much crying..

Good thing you are their to support your team though!

Old 03-29-2008, 01:18 PM

709 posts, read 2,176,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nel-compound fracture View Post
My os left my fib to heal on its own.
My tib has healed nicely, I even saw alot of new bone growth!
Two month ago Jan. when I went in to have my x-ray the big gap
on my fib freaked me out! This time the gap looked closer together.
Even the x-ray technician notice..
I do enjoy my coffee and my sweets! I don't drink alcohol, my parting days are over since had my kids..
thanks for the info, I will look into that.
My x-ray tech said pineapple would help my bones heal faster. I found this on the internet.

"Pineapple Strengthens Bones
One of the benefits of pineapple is that it helps to build healthy bones. Pineapples are rich in manganese, a trace mineral that is needed for your body to build bone and connective tissues. Just one cup of pineapple provides 73% of the daily recommended amount of manganese. The benefits of pineapple can effect the growth of bones in young people and the strengthening of bones in older people."

Old 03-29-2008, 01:19 PM

Default Hey Cannon

Hi there Cannon, I just realized your surgery is coming up!!
How are you feeling? I'll be thinking of you!

Nel

Old 03-29-2008, 01:25 PM

Default roger6087

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger6087 View Post
My x-ray tech said pineapple would help my bones heal faster. I found this on the internet.

"Pineapple Strengthens Bones
One of the benefits of pineapple is that it helps to build healthy bones. Pineapples are rich in manganese, a trace mineral that is needed for your body to build bone and connective tissues. Just one cup of pineapple provides 73% of the daily recommended amount of manganese. The benefits of pineapple can effect the growth of bones in young people and the strengthening of bones in older people."

Thanks for the info Roger!
I will put on gorcery list, anything that'll help with my healing, I appreciate it!

Nel

Old 03-29-2008, 05:47 PM

3 posts, read 19,820 times
Help!
Has anyone removed the screws and the rod from their tibia? how is the process? Will there be a pain in the bone where the screws were? Also I am worried because I can feel the screws under my skin, will there be a reaction under the sun this summer?

check this site for tips on how to heal a brokem bone Healing Broken Bones

Old 03-29-2008, 08:19 PM

34 posts, read 328,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nel-compound fracture View Post
Hi there Cannon, I just realized your surgery is coming up!!
How are you feeling? I'll be thinking of you!

Nel
Hi Nel- I'm feeling pretty good. Thanks for asking. Just getting a little more nervous. But with you and all my broken legged friends rooting me on, it just makes things better.It makes things a whole lot better! I hope your doing better today. I know you had that bad news, but keep your chin up, it"ll get better. I'm still here if you need to vent. OK? Take care.

Old 03-30-2008, 06:46 AM

Default Feb08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feb08 View Post
Help!
Has anyone removed the screws and the rod from their tibia? how is the process? Will there be a pain in the bone where the screws were? Also I am worried because I can feel the screws under my skin, will there be a reaction under the sun this summer?

check this site for tips on how to heal a brokem bone Healing Broken Bones

If you check the website under mybrokenleg.com you can find out all about it, that website is awsome, just thinking about getting my plate/screws removed make me sick to my stomach..

Old 03-31-2008, 07:48 AM

Default gemy2312

Just checking up on you!
How are you feeling? How is the swelling?

Old 03-31-2008, 07:51 AM

Default Feb08

How is the leg? With the swelling it'll get better as days go by, when is your next docs appointment?

Old 03-31-2008, 07:53 AM

Default Cannon81

I am feeling better this morning, having you guys to support me is awsome!!!
So where the graft didn't take, is there a big gap on your leg?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness