Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2009, 05:00 AM

4 posts, read 29,298 times

Advertisements

Happy New Year to one and all....
I hope that everyone here is feeling good and positive of things that the new year may bring,lets face it things can only get better..(as the song goes..)..we have all come this far,i know it is hard work,the ups and downs and the darkest of tunnels we have had to get through..but hey not a problem...we can all do it...
Anyway...as i said last post,i went back into hospital,fearing the news of a bone graft..guess what,this i have been told may not be the case,whoop whoop.
I have got plenty of new bone that seems to have come all of a sudden,well 6-weeks,all that i can think of,why this has happened,is the vitamin and food supplements i have been on,
which is Calcium and Vitamin D,a Vitamin B complex and Multi Vitamins+Vitamin C,apart from eating well and quitting smoking,jobs a good un.
I had my fixator loosened.there is still a bit of movement between the pins in my leg,this movement will lessen as the bone gets stronger,and the Prof has set me another appointment for end of this month,maybe the metalwork will be out then,it has been a long hard,6-months,and a day without pain is on the horizon,
I can walk quite well on one crutch,it still hurts,but my leg does'nt feel like it wants to explode anymore,stage one nearly complete,just gotta wait untill all the metal has gone,so we can jump on a pushbike,an get on the squat machine,steady as we go.
i will keep you all posted on progress,in the meantime,you all stay strong out there,you know it makes sense,and remember,everything is sortable,all the best to you all,and thanks for all the support,and good reading...we are a special,lucky kinda bunch..really...laters xxx

Old 01-02-2009, 11:37 AM

190 posts, read 542,946 times
Default really bad bad day

Hi everyone... Well I am having one of those realy, really bad days. I am in pain, I am moody, theres not a freaking thing to do. I tired of getting exhausted from taking a shower and so tired of lying in this stupid chair. I am so damn bored, someone please write me back and save me from myself. On a good note I went and saw the Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons which is one of the greatest movies I have ever seen. so...yaay....

sorry got the blues today, monica

Old 01-02-2009, 12:58 PM

175 posts, read 741,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axinom07 View Post
Hi everyone... Well I am having one of those realy, really bad days. I am in pain, I am moody, theres not a freaking thing to do. I tired of getting exhausted from taking a shower and so tired of lying in this stupid chair. I am so damn bored, someone please write me back and save me from myself. On a good note I went and saw the Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons which is one of the greatest movies I have ever seen. so...yaay....

sorry got the blues today, monica
Awwww, Monica, I am so sorry. You could always do what I do when I get bored, tired and frustrated - take a nap. Or join facebook and we can play games. LOL

Old 01-02-2009, 04:00 PM

29 posts, read 91,314 times
Today was a wounderfull day...and it ends feeling like ****. As planned I went to the mall with my mum and I got some new clothes! everything was on sale! and some other small things. As the day went on my leg started to feel worse and worse and here we are!...grumpy, hurting and TERRIFIED. How ironic when compared to my screen name. I talked a bunch with my mum about my leg....I almost cryed. She mentioned what ive been thinking, what im so terrified of but I wont write it. That makes it real and I want to see my OS before I do that. Sorry Im so pissed off. It sucks cause I had an awsome time today.

Old 01-02-2009, 04:48 PM

117 posts, read 699,576 times
Happy new year to everyone!
January 28th 2007 I was skating and broke my tib and fib, can't believe two years has gone by. Sure didn't feel like the pain would never end.. The dull pain finally ended sometime during the summer.
I still have the plate and the screws on my right leg , cancelled my Ortho appointment in December, it was a hard decision to make though. I have decided to keep the hardware, not brave enough to go through the surgery..

To everyone on this site thank you soo much for being their for me, you were my biggest support and without you I don't know what my emotions would have been like.

CHIN UP EVERYONE!! Trust me the pain will go away......

Nel

Old 01-02-2009, 05:40 PM

Default OMG Terrorizer!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrorizer View Post
I have been reading through some of the posts here and am failry jealous. It sucks that everyone is having leg problems but they are healing!I hope everyone gets better real soon! I shattered my right tibula and fibula in February 2006 along with some other stuff and am still suffering from that particular break. It was slow to heal from that start. The following summer my docter/surgeon wanted to do do inter fixation but first had to do all theses tests -bone scan, WBCS, the works. X rays showed that the leg had mostly healed but it was on a noticable angle. He would have to re break it. So in October 2006 i had Open Reduction Internal Fixation. a plate with 7 screws were placed in. I finally got off the crutch by christmas after learning to walk again with my right leg and had a walkin boot thing for a month after. Somethin seemed wrong straight after surgery. My leg was hot, swollen, etc. but my docter didnt believe there was anything wrong untill it swelled even more in may 2007. I was given antibiotics and told to wait it out... I did and it kept coming back -each time i got more meds. the swellin went down somewhat untill i tryed out for the scholl soccer team March/April 2008. My leg swelled so badly i coudnt walk anymore. Again i was given more antibiotics and was schedualed for all sorts of tests. By the time they were all completed it was summer and my docter was going on vacation so couldnt see me. I went to camp for 6 weeks with the army cadets and then it all went down hill. It started with mild swellin and i ended up being taken to the hospital and was given crutches untill the end of camp. When i returned home i immediatly saw my docter and scedualed to have surgery to take the plate/screws out early September 2008. When i had surgery the docter saw that the bone had completly grown over the plate/screws and had to chisel it away to get the 'hardwere' out. While in surgery the docter toke samples of the tissue surrounding the plate. When tested they came back positive forinfection and for the 7th or 8th time i was put on antibiotics. This time for a month. It only toke 6 weeks to recover from that and it felt fine at first. But, now the same pain from before surgery is quickly returning. My legs becomes hot and lokks puffy and there are bumpbs of bone that werent there a few weeks ago. What do i do?!!?!?! I dont want to wrroy my mum anymore then i have already but i have noticed even siting with my leg stright in front of me sets off the pain...It worries me because of the on going infection i have had with it and because my docter says he can only operate so many times. anyways...thanks for letting me rant. it helps to get it out to someone...if anyone has any suggestions plese let me no! oh, and again hope everyone gets better soon!

Man your recovery sure has taken along time!
That breaks my heart!
Since 2006!!
I think its time for a second, third opinion..
That's enough, its gone on for too darn long!!

My fib still hasn't fused together but it doesn't bother me!

I wonder if you have a nerve damage!!

Hey chip up, your not alone.....

Nel

Old 01-02-2009, 05:54 PM

Nel
I should get atleast a second opinion but were I live you have to wait atleast a year to get one, let alone a thrid...
How did you break your leg?
Terrorizer

Old 01-02-2009, 06:49 PM

8 posts, read 104,203 times
Well, I am looking at 10 months in a few days. Still cannot walk. Still using bone growth stimulator. Now tonight, very weird. my calf is warm and my lower calf and ankle, foot is ice cold. Sick of crawling around. Have been going to therapy, water and land, still the progress is so very slow. My dorsal flexion is now at -7 degrees. I did start off at -20 degrees, so I guess there is some progress. But not enough to walk. My medial ankle still is killing me with more than 60 lbs. pressure. This has been the most miserable thing in my life. See doctor on the 14th, so we will see what is going on again. I am thankful that 2008 is over.....now I hope 2009 will bring better luck.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:17 PM

Default Terrorizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrorizer View Post
Nel
I should get atleast a second opinion but were I live you have to wait atleast a year to get one, let alone a thrid...
How did you break your leg?
Terrorizer

I was skating with my daughter in our neighborhood skating rink, the blade on my skate got inbeded in the ice, while my body turned my leg stayed put!! I still remember it clearly.. My poor daughter was beside herself...
It took six long month for my tib (bone) to fused together, had x-rays every month with high expectations hoping my bones were healing fast!
And yes left the hospital feeling more depressed.
The swelling was there for a very long time, I think up to least a year!!
I took all my vitamines faithfully..
You should at least make some phone calls and ask around to see how long the wait is to see another OS. You shouldn't have to live in misery. Come on you can do it!!!

Nel

Old 01-02-2009, 09:02 PM

Nel
Thats really sucks, how you broke your leg. Better then how I broke mine!
Getting to see another OS takes just as long as getting another opinion if not loneger. Health care were I live sucks...one hospital closed down a while back so the other one is crowded. And docters arent lining up to come here if you know what I mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness