Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2022, 05:18 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,377,814 times

Advertisements

Canned tuna fish, most canned meats of any kind like Spam, etc. I am not a fan of milk so stay away from heavily creamed dishes. Love most vegetables but not a huge fan of lima beans although I can eat them if they are fresh -- with butter! I also don't like bananas or anything with banana flavoring. I don't like sugary candies like jelly beans or Starburst, etc. I stick to good chocolate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2022, 06:49 PM

20,926 posts, read 28,397,897 times
All organ meats
anything the looks and smells gross might be appealing so some but not me. If I don't like the smell I won't eat it. Liver is one of those items. I will make it for my husband but I have open windows in the kitchen cause the small makes me gag.

Old 05-01-2022, 07:58 PM

110 posts, read 83,499 times
Carbs and sugar as minimal as possible.

Old 05-02-2022, 03:29 PM

3,445 posts, read 2,772,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
All organ meats
anything the looks and smells gross might be appealing so some but not me. If I don't like the smell I won't eat it. Liver is one of those items. I will make it for my husband but I have open windows in the kitchen cause the small makes me gag.
The smell of organ meats strike the wrong chord with you?

Old 05-03-2022, 06:24 AM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Soyfurky is tops on my list.

Old 05-03-2022, 06:51 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
All organ meats
I can not eat liver, even as a small child and that was 50/60 years ago. My mother would fix it and praise the fact that she is going to improve this dish for all of us kids. Unions, bacon fried up along with this organ. We will love it this time. Keep in mind, us kids were always required to not waste food and to clean our plates.

The horror I felt when she served the dish at the dinner table. My brother and sisters ate away, not too fond of it either, but I was horrified. My savior, I thought, was our dog Sam who wondered over and under the dinner table near me. I tossed small pieces of liver to him, looking straight ahead the whole time, feeling relief knowing I will leave the table soon enough. When I was done tossing organ meat to Sam, I declared, "I'm done" and left the table with a big smile and went off to play, not knowing that Sam left every single piece of liver on the floor all around my chair. I got an ear full within minutes of leaving the table. Worthless dog.

Old 05-03-2022, 07:22 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
Basically just things I don’t like, such as beef/calf liver, kombucha, tofu. Can’t really think of a lot that I don’t like. I avoid raw oysters because there are too many stories of people getting very sick from them. I do love them, though, almost as much as I love raw clams.
I use to dig clams years ago
And eat them raw … also raw scallops
I do like raw oysters too

I grew up with some Indian ( natives .. they called themselves Indian and natives)
Friends

I met one of their grandfathers… and he was known as a medicine man
He told us kids … to eat as much as we can raw
“ it will neutralize the toxins and sickness in our bodies “

Old 05-03-2022, 07:23 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froscow View Post
Carbs and sugar as minimal as possible.
This right here, is the key to health

Old 05-03-2022, 09:14 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
The smell of organ meats strike the wrong chord with you?
Something to note. Also, the scale of the problem should be considered.

Old 05-03-2022, 09:36 AM

9,847 posts, read 7,712,566 times
I love vegetables but can't stand lima beans and brussel sprouts.

Allergic/sensitive to corn syrup, corn, wine, bananas, mangoes - avoid those

Avoid breads, rice, sugary drinks and other high carb & sugar foods.

Hate textures of grits, oatmeals, tapioca, avocados, you know, slimy foods.

I eat pretty simply, meats and vegetables.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness