Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2022, 08:40 PM

1,626 posts, read 1,710,721 times

Advertisements

Seriously, you need to go see a doctor and maybe be referred to a dermatologist. The longer you wait, the worse it could get. Get rid of the funky junk man!

If you have small spots that itch, it might be Herpes Simplex Virus 2 (HSV-2). Some bad cases can spread like wildfire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2022, 08:51 PM

689 posts, read 639,852 times
I second the recommendation to see a dermatologist. I started going to one a few years ago because and he has provided invaluable help and also addressed some sun damaged areas of my skin. Either get a referral or go directly depending on your health plan. If you're losing sleep because of it, that can have other negative consequences in both your professional and personal life. Make sure the dermatologist focuses on treating skin issues. Some dermatologists focus only on cosmetic surgery while others focus on skin health. You want the latter. I would not delay any more than necessary.

Old 04-25-2022, 06:33 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
I do have an upcoming Dermatologist appt, but the first available appt is in the end of Sept. I bought some Gold Bond cream made for Psoriasis, it seemed to have an immediate effect, it stopped feeling itchy within about 15 minutes, but then later on in the evening, the itch came raging back full force.

The instructions say to apply 4-5 times a day, so that is what Im doing, MY PCP doctor is also calling in some Doxycycline today. Im hopeful this antibiotic will at least provide some relief, I was up for 3 hours last night. Its really nerve racking when you cannot fall asleep due to an itch.

And what makes this really bad right now, I cut my fingernails a few days ago, not realizing my scratching would be less productive with shorter nails. LOL It was so bad at one point, I took some 60 grit sandpaper, made for wood and used it to scratch, talk about RELIEF!!

I have a feeling my itching may be immuno related too, everything Ive read on this, seems to match.

Old 04-25-2022, 09:20 AM

982 posts, read 608,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I do have an upcoming Dermatologist appt, but the first available appt is in the end of Sept. I bought some Gold Bond cream made for Psoriasis, it seemed to have an immediate effect, it stopped feeling itchy within about 15 minutes, but then later on in the evening, the itch came raging back full force.

The instructions say to apply 4-5 times a day, so that is what Im doing, MY PCP doctor is also calling in some Doxycycline today. Im hopeful this antibiotic will at least provide some relief, I was up for 3 hours last night. Its really nerve racking when you cannot fall asleep due to an itch.

And what makes this really bad right now, I cut my fingernails a few days ago, not realizing my scratching would be less productive with shorter nails. LOL It was so bad at one point, I took some 60 grit sandpaper, made for wood and used it to scratch, talk about RELIEF!!

I have a feeling my itching may be immuno related too, everything Ive read on this, seems to match.
You could also try Aspercream with lidocaine which should relieve it itch some as well.

Old 04-25-2022, 07:23 PM

3,024 posts, read 2,239,488 times
Quote:

If you are taking sandpaper to your genitals, you need to go to urgent care. You are likely exacerbating the problem, inviting secondary bacterial infections, etc. Either one of your heads should have indicated that this was a bad idea.

Guess we will understand when sandpaper comes with a "Do not use on genitals" warning.

Old 04-25-2022, 08:57 PM

22,165 posts, read 19,217,049 times
sandpaper on genitals?
seriously?

i can't be the only reader questioning whether this is a real post

Old 04-25-2022, 09:30 PM

689 posts, read 639,852 times
Quote:
I do have an upcoming Dermatologist appt, but the first available appt is in the end of Sept. ...
If possible, raise the level of urgency. That's a bit to wait.

I've used Gold Bond as well when I've had rashes "down there" from chafing. I found that keeping the area dry helped a lot. I even resorted to using a folded piece of paper towel which helped as well.

Old 04-25-2022, 09:42 PM

13,072 posts, read 7,508,849 times
If you have gone thru all the standard homepathic remedies,
It sounds like scabies around the genitalia. (google; scabies genital area)
Easy to cure, works in 2 days and re application about a week later. You will need to thorough wash all clothes and bedding in very hot water, not wear any particular clothes for 2 weeks (?). Steam mattress.
see pyrethrum, pyrethrin (ie household insecticide), ivermectin (yes, the so called Covid therapeutic).

Scabies is always acquired from someone else or something that is worn by someone that has it; OR caught from animals. same treatment for fido and fifi.

Not a recommendation. See your physician or local private Urgent Care Physician for definitive diagnosis. Took my GP doctor 2 visits to get the proper diagnosis.

Treatment for scabies has been around for 2000 years as has the treatment for gout. Homepathic remedies available.

GL
YRMV

Old 04-25-2022, 10:47 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
If you have gone thru all the standard homepathic remedies,
It sounds like scabies around the genitalia. (google; scabies genital area)
Easy to cure, works in 2 days and re application about a week later. You will need to thorough wash all clothes and bedding in very hot water, not wear any particular clothes for 2 weeks (?). Steam mattress.
see pyrethrum, pyrethrin (ie household insecticide), ivermectin (yes, the so called Covid therapeutic).

Scabies is always acquired from someone else or something that is worn by someone that has it; OR caught from animals. same treatment for fido and fifi.

Not a recommendation. See your physician or local private Urgent Care Physician for definitive diagnosis. Took my GP doctor 2 visits to get the proper diagnosis.

Treatment for scabies has been around for 2000 years as has the treatment for gout. Homepathic remedies available.

GL
YRMV
It cannot be a STD, ( I havent had sex in a long time), and really my sex drive has been at ZERO for a few years, A past doctor told me I have very low Testosterone, but its not really a priority to me anymore, I enjoy being single and not dating anyone, I have no desire to get into a relationship in the near future, and Ive not worn anyone elses clothing, the only animals Ive had contact with is a dog and cat.

As to the itching...YES, I really did take sandpaper to the area between my legs and kind of lightly ran it back and forth to ease the itch, ( I did not dig it into my skin, so no bleeding)...it helped a little, but it seems like the more I itch, the MORE itchy it becomes. my PCP is getting me in tomorrow morning spur of the moment, I have to get this taken care of tomorrow, Im only getting around 3 hours of sleep thanks to this and I cannot continue on as I am. Im going to request my PCP give me the strongest antibiotic she can, that should kill it within a few days.

I will update tomorrow!

Old 04-26-2022, 02:38 AM

982 posts, read 608,476 times
Quote:
It cannot be a STD, ( I havent had sex in a long time), and really my sex drive has been at ZERO for a few years, A past doctor told me I have very low Testosterone, but its not really a priority to me anymore, I enjoy being single and not dating anyone, I have no desire to get into a relationship in the near future, and Ive not worn anyone elses clothing, the only animals Ive had contact with is a dog and cat.

As to the itching...YES, I really did take sandpaper to the area between my legs and kind of lightly ran it back and forth to ease the itch, ( I did not dig it into my skin, so no bleeding)...it helped a little, but it seems like the more I itch, the MORE itchy it becomes. my PCP is getting me in tomorrow morning spur of the moment, I have to get this taken care of tomorrow, Im only getting around 3 hours of sleep thanks to this and I cannot continue on as I am. Im going to request my PCP give me the strongest antibiotic she can, that should kill it within a few days.

I will update tomorrow!
Please have your PCP test for genital herpes as well. It can be dormant in your system for many years then pop up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness