Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2022, 09:53 AM

8,227 posts, read 3,414,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
If you have so much trouble drinking coffee and tea, why are you trying to figure out a way to consume either of them? Just stop drinking them. Problem solved.
Ya know, I mean ... my post explained very clearly that I like caffeine for waking up. I do NOT need it!! I just wanted to see if anyone had the same problem and solved it. OK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2022, 09:56 AM

I ran out of seltzer water so did not have any today. I had herbal tea, and a very small amount of coffee. And I feel ok! So maybe the combination of seltzer and coffee was bothering me? I think I will try no more seltzer for a while and see what happens. Sad though, because there is a brand of natural flavored seltzer that I really love.

Old 04-30-2022, 12:16 PM

I had quit coffee for a year or two. But then started having trouble anyway. So I tried narrowing down what it could be, and there are very many possibilities, and combinations of things. It seemed like if I wanted to feel perfect I would have to live on rice and water.

Old 04-30-2022, 01:54 PM

22,149 posts, read 19,203,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
I had quit coffee for a year or two. But then started having trouble anyway. So I tried narrowing down what it could be, and there are very many possibilities, and combinations of things. It seemed like if I wanted to feel perfect I would have to live on rice and water.
rice and water is actually quite good. it is a staple of my daily intake.

i know what you mean though. i remember my health steadily deteriorating (this was back in my 30s) and doctor kept telling me i had to get off of dairy products. this went on for years. finally i had no other choice. i was sick and tired of being literally sick and tired. i "tried it" removing all dairy and of course my health improved tremendously. turns out my whole life i'd been allergic to dairy which never got diagnosed. my mom just accused me of "having a nervous stomach" i heard that the whole time i was growing up.

anyway it became clear i had to stop having any and all dairy if i valued my health. doctor had me write down all that i ate over a two-week period, and go through my cupboards and write down everything that would have to go and be removed. it was utterly depressing. Over 80% of what i ate had dairy in it. i cried and cried and cried and felt utterly bereft. i kept wondering what's left? what am i going to eat? will i only be eating rice and water?

of course now i love being healthy. it is way better than being sick.
and for me it was also an act of taking care of myself. of literally treating myself with higher regard than i had been. i realized that ingesting food that makes me sick amounts to abusing myself and quite literally inflicting harm on myself. and i did not want to be that person who holds myself in such low regard as to do harm to myself. if i wouldn't let others harm me, then i had to hold myself to the same standard, and not let myself harm me.

and i do love rice. every day, sometimes twice a day. with smoked fish, or with carmelized onions, or with garlic, or with bananas, or with tofu, or with stir fried veggies. yum.

Old 04-30-2022, 02:12 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
I drink herbal tea, with no caffeine, and it has no wake up effect.

I guess it must be the caffeine that bothers me, since there is nothing else that I know if that is in both coffee and tea. Really sad, because I love the feeling of caffeine. Or I used to.
Coffee may be acidic, which could be what's irritating your stomach. I don't know about the herbal tea, though. Have you asked you doctor?

Old 04-30-2022, 04:33 PM

23,259 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
I never gave lots of reasons I can't try anything different.
Actually, you did. Preferences (loving this, liking that, wanting something else) are reasons! They may not carry as much weight as something like an allergy or interfering with some medication you take, but they are reasons.

Last edited by Parnassia; 04-30-2022 at 05:15 PM..

Old 05-01-2022, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
rice and water is actually quite good. it is a staple of my daily intake.

i know what you mean though. i remember my health steadily deteriorating (this was back in my 30s) and doctor kept telling me i had to get off of dairy products. this went on for years. finally i had no other choice. i was sick and tired of being literally sick and tired. i "tried it" removing all dairy and of course my health improved tremendously. turns out my whole life i'd been allergic to dairy which never got diagnosed. my mom just accused me of "having a nervous stomach" i heard that the whole time i was growing up.

anyway it became clear i had to stop having any and all dairy if i valued my health. doctor had me write down all that i ate over a two-week period, and go through my cupboards and write down everything that would have to go and be removed. it was utterly depressing. Over 80% of what i ate had dairy in it. i cried and cried and cried and felt utterly bereft. i kept wondering what's left? what am i going to eat? will i only be eating rice and water?

of course now i love being healthy. it is way better than being sick.
and for me it was also an act of taking care of myself. of literally treating myself with higher regard than i had been. i realized that ingesting food that makes me sick amounts to abusing myself and quite literally inflicting harm on myself. and i did not want to be that person who holds myself in such low regard as to do harm to myself. if i wouldn't let others harm me, then i had to hold myself to the same standard, and not let myself harm me.

and i do love rice. every day, sometimes twice a day. with smoked fish, or with carmelized onions, or with garlic, or with bananas, or with tofu, or with stir fried veggies. yum.
I like rice, and I guess brown rice is healthier. I have not been eating much dairy recently, altho there have been other times I ate cheese for protein. One thing that I had noticed bothered me was hot peppers, so I quit eating them for a long time. But I started again because I LOVE them, on almost everything. And I was getting sick without them.

Today is the second day of no seltzer water and I don't feel bad, even though I did have coffee. Maybe it was the combination of seltzer and coffee or tea?

Old 05-01-2022, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Coffee may be acidic, which could be what's irritating your stomach. I don't know about the herbal tea, though. Have you asked you doctor?
Haha. Sorry for laughing, but really, medical doctors don't know any more about nutrition than the rest of us. Especially if we have been reading and thinking about health for our whole lives. There is nothing that an MD can tell us about how to have a good lifestyle. They also do not have time to analyze our problems carefully, in the 15 minutes they have for each patient.

And no, I don't have a doctor! As long as I can stay reasonably healthy by doing my own detective work, and having the discipline for a healthy lifestyle, I am keeping doctors away!

Old 05-01-2022, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Actually, you did. Preferences (loving this, liking that, wanting something else) are reasons! They may not carry as much weight as something like an allergy or interfering with some medication you take, but they are reasons.
Oh well, you don't like my thread so go elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness