Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2022, 06:36 PM

24 posts, read 17,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Maybe. Unfortunately the people sharing their anecdotes are not medically or biologically identical to your uncle. That could make a significant difference!
Also, the tiny sample size and its non-random nature make it completely worthless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2022, 07:41 PM

533 posts, read 481,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant Ames View Post
Also, the tiny sample size and its non-random nature make it completely worthless.
My Uncle still wanted to know others experiences

Old 05-08-2022, 08:49 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,658,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
No, the OP was asking whether her uncle should get a booster shot. Pfizer was mentioned. No one here should be suggesting anything. She needs to ask his doctor what may be best for him.
Why shouldn't anyone be suggesting anything? There are plenty of people spreading false information about side effects of the vaccines. Reading through this thread should help to reassure the OP that her uncle is making the right decision to get the booster.

Old 05-09-2022, 02:24 AM

23,865 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
Yes, he should get a booster unless his doctor says otherwise. Based upon the latest CDC guidance, NOT J&J, unless he insists.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...s/janssen.html
The serious side effect from the J&J vaccine is very rare according to the CDC page Selected Adverse Events Reported after COVID-19 Vaccination

Quote:
Thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS) after J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccination is rare and has occurred in approximately 4 cases per one million doses administered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant Ames View Post

Welcome to City-Data. I disagree that making a thread is worthless because it's good to see how many people got boosted, what kind of reactions they had or did not have. I followed vaccine threads before making my decision.

None of us can say whether he should get the booster right now or if he should wait. They don't appear to last very long from what I've heard, with this in mind, I personally would not boost until COVID started up again.

Old 05-09-2022, 03:39 AM

I made appt for Uncle to get boosted. Requesting a baby needle because skin is super sensitive. Hope the Pharmacist who gives painless shots is on duty that day!

Old 05-09-2022, 07:50 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,959,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I would google to read about getting a booster of moderna or J&J for the next one. As I said, a lot of people were mixing them when the booster first came out.

If you're in a country with a high COVID rate then maybe he should consider it?

He can always have his doctor test him to see what kind of antibodies he has.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-v...-restrictions/

Old 05-09-2022, 11:57 AM

11,049 posts, read 6,637,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priya36 View Post
My Uncle still wanted to know others experiences
Good for you. That's what we're here for: anecdotal evidence.

All we could get here was Sinovac for the first two shots. The booster was Pfizer, thankfully. Soon we'll be getting the 2nd booster when I find out where it is. No adverse reactions, no sore arm, no Covid, no flu or colds.

Old 05-09-2022, 12:28 PM

My Uncle got sore arm during first and second Pfizer vaccine :-(

Old 05-09-2022, 12:46 PM

23,278 posts, read 18,799,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Why shouldn't anyone be suggesting anything? There are plenty of people spreading false information about side effects of the vaccines. Reading through this thread should help to reassure the OP that her uncle is making the right decision to get the booster.
Asking/posting in general about personal health experiences isn't really the problem. Everyone does it, but there's a point beyond which it has no business going...telling a total stranger what the right decision for them should be.

Old 05-09-2022, 01:10 PM

23,278 posts, read 18,799,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priya36 View Post
My Uncle got sore arm during first and second Pfizer vaccine :-(
It was temporary, right? So did millions if not billions of other people. And not just Pfizer, but Moderna, J&J, and AstraZeneca vaccine recipients too. More than 10 billion vaccines have been given worldwide at this point. Arm soreness was one of if not the most common short term complaints. IMHO, suffering from a sore arm for a couple of days in exchange for increased protection from a potentially deadly disease (one I know I'm at higher risk for because of age, heart, or other health problems) seems a small price to pay.

Last edited by Parnassia; 05-09-2022 at 02:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness