Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2020, 07:34 PM

3,170 posts, read 1,272,041 times

Advertisements

How painful is it to die of heart attack?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2020, 12:16 AM

43 posts, read 61,765 times
I think it depends on the individual. Some people experience symptoms of a heart attack, but ignore them because they believe it's caused by something else. I suggest you Google heart attacks and get your information from reliable sources like the Mayo Clinic. I'm only saying this because all heart attacks include intense chest pain. I hope you find the information that you're looking for.

Old 10-05-2020, 01:26 AM

44,620 posts, read 61,584,987 times
Heart attack pain and symptoms vary with an individuals health and lifestyle. Some even occur while sleeping.
Read this medical site for more detailed information.
https://www.healthline.com/health/wh...l-like#for-men

Old 10-05-2020, 05:24 AM

3,262 posts, read 4,997,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Fan View Post
I think it depends on the individual. Some people experience symptoms of a heart attack, but ignore them because they believe it's caused by something else. I suggest you Google heart attacks and get your information from reliable sources like the Mayo Clinic. I'm only saying this because all heart attacks include intense chest pain. I hope you find the information that you're looking for.
Did you mean to say NOT all heart attacks include intense chest pain?

Old 10-05-2020, 06:16 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
we would have to ask a loved one who died of one and came back to life to get an answer: so far I do not know of anyone who has had this experience.

Old 10-05-2020, 06:28 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
All I can tell you is that my husband died suddenly of a massive heart attack. It happened while he was driving but thankfully he had just pulled out of a convenience store parking lot so he was going slowly. He never even hit the brakes, and never "clinched up." The medical examiner told me that she didn't think he ever felt a thing and there was no indication that he did.

He did tell me a couple of times over the month before that he felt a bit "off," and that he wanted to go back to the cardiologist (in between appointments) when he got back from New Mexico, but he never seemed to be in any significant pain and his chest never hurt him a bit. The only pain he complained about was some mild and transient jaw pain, which he actually thought was probably due to clenching his jaw at night, but his blood pressure had become a bit more erratic - never super high but still, it was worrying him enough to make him want to go back in and get it adjusted.

He had never missed a cardiologist appointment and had recently passed a cardio exam including an EKG with flying colors.

I think the pain varies a lot depending on the type of heart attack, the individual, etc.

When my husband's body finally got back here, he looked so incredibly peaceful and he even had a little smile on his face - I thought it was my imagination but other people told me the same thing. Ironically, I had known a woman who was actually murdered and she looked very different at her visitation - her face looked distraught.

I don't know - not sure anyone COULD know. But there was zero evidence of any pain with my husband's heart attack. In fact, he had just gotten a cup of coffee at the convenience store and not a drop of it was spilled. His truck was barely damaged even though he ran off the road.

Old 10-05-2020, 07:39 AM

1,013 posts, read 724,460 times
I heard a man describe a massive heart attack that almost killed him. He said it literally felt like an elephant sitting on his chest, but he didn’t mention pain. That’s a common description, I believe. Sounds painful to me, though.

Old 10-05-2020, 08:04 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLfan1977 View Post
I heard a man describe a massive heart attack that almost killed him. He said it literally felt like an elephant sitting on his chest, but he didn’t mention pain. That’s a common description, I believe. Sounds painful to me, though.
I guess if you're conscious it could really be painful but sometimes people lose consciousness immediately. I hope it was that way with my husband. He seemed to feel 100 percent normal the evening before when we talked on the phone, and there was no indication he felt odd that morning either.

Old 10-05-2020, 10:23 AM

15,403 posts, read 7,468,300 times
My Dad had no pain from his heart attack. This was expected, since he never had any chest pain during any of his 5 angioplasty procedures that were done over a 30 year period.

Old 10-05-2020, 11:23 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,676,348 times
I had a neighbor who's husband died of a heart attack during the night. She said that he felt sick, was having some discomfort, and sweating. He told her he was fine and didn't need to go to the hospital. They went to bed and he died sometime in the night. I'm guessing he didn't feel great, but he probably didn't have enough pain that he thought he was going to die.

Many people seem to ignore heart attack symptoms. I've heard angina can be painful though, so I guess it would depend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness