Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 09:13 AM

2,071 posts, read 6,696,707 times

Advertisements

This guy did himself in, not the place he purchased the pills from. I have a neck problem and have been on muscle relaxer for 8 years now, once and a while i take 1 pill at night for my neck, never became addicted! But to down 8 pills?Pretty much common sense would tell ya not to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
WICHITA, Kansas (CNN) -- She found her husband on their bed in a pool of his own vomit, dead from an accidental overdose of drugs he received from an online pharmacy.

Every night before her husband went to bed, he would open a prescription bottle of the muscle relaxant Soma and swallow the eight or nine pills it took for him to fall asleep, said the woman.

Widow: My husband died from online drugs - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 02:39 PM

1,638 posts, read 4,550,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Carisoprodol (SOMA) 350mg is a pain reliever generally used for back pain like Sciatic pain down the buttocks/thigh/leg. I had the problem years ago and took 1-2x a day. I have a similar problem today as a result of a pinched nerve. I take 3-500 mg of tylenol (Acetaminophen) which helps me sleep at least 4-5 hrs at bedtime. This is NON-addictive and easy on the stomach. 8 or 9 of SOMA was way too much and had terrible results. My sympathy goes to his wife. Steve
As someone else has said-take it easy with the Tylenol.
Max dose is 1g (4g in 24 hrs).
Tylenol is a very weak pain killer and therefore people are at risk of overdosing on it.
I have cared for people that have taken ten tablets (in suicide attempts) and ended up with irreversible liver failure.People think it is harmless as it's easily available.Some prescription only meds are far less toxic.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:44 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
8 - 9 sounds like an overdose, and if finally caught up with him. Is where he got them the real issue, or how many he took?

Old 09-05-2009, 06:47 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
People die from scripts they get from the pharm too. But I agree...That is due to an O.D. and not from being bought online.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:08 AM

1,121 posts, read 3,665,697 times
My husband also died of an overdose of steroids and other enhancing drugs that lead to heart failure.
He was a body builder and just wanted to get bigger and bigger. If I had known he was taking them, I would have tied him to a chair or taken him to rehab to stop him. But he spent so much time in the gym, I thought his size was because he was working really hard.
His father and 4 of his 6 brothers and sisters had already died of heart failure in their 40's. He was a child of a second wife and so they were all more than 20 years his senior.
During our 20 year marriage, the one thing he would not share with me was his medical problems. Maybe if I had pushed harder, he would still be alive today. He died at 43 of a heart attack in the Drs office. For me, one day he was there and a few hours later, he was gone. My life was ended.
That was many years ago and I still wonder what I could have done to prevent it. After almost 16 years, I still carry that burden of guilt. I should have known. Maybe I could have done something. That is probably why I could never commit to another relationship in fear of endangering my spouse because I wasn't paying attention.

Last edited by yukiko11; 09-05-2009 at 07:31 AM..

Old 09-05-2009, 07:36 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
Don't beat yourself up over it. As an adult he knew what he was doing was not healthy. It could of just been his time too due to genetics. I am sorry for your loss. ♥

Old 09-05-2009, 07:56 AM

1,121 posts, read 3,665,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Don't beat yourself up over it. As an adult he knew what he was doing was not healthy. It could of just been his time too due to genetics. I am sorry for your loss. ♥
Intellectually, I totally agree with you, but in all these years, I have never been able to transmit that to my heart.
This is the first time in all these years, I have ever expressed these emotions. Thanks for your post it is much appreciated.
I hope it comforts the OP also.
After all, it is about her.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:57 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times
Regardless of what the drugs are, or where they come from, drugs and stupidity is a dangerous combination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness