Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2022, 07:36 PM

645 posts, read 706,362 times

Advertisements

Hi I am not sure if those problems are related or separate problems, but here it goes:

About a month ago I ate some beef jerky that got some white mold on it, ate like 2,3 pieces of them. I googled and 3,4 links said it’s fine, maybe just diarrhea later and it’s not big deal at all. Turned out I didn’t even have diarrhea, it was no bother.

A week later I noticed while eating meals I get full pretty fast, and few minutes after eating my stomach gets very bloated and full. Later I reduced meal size and still feels the same.

I also noticed I was gaining weight, maybe ½ lbs every 3,4 days, started to eat less or mostly vegetable and fruit to fill up, weight gain is still happening it’s strange.

Any tips? It’s been going on for awhile…

(What’s a good medicine for bloated stomach? Is it a good deal to clean out the bowels once awhile? What do you guys take to get all that crap out once in awhile?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2022, 10:28 PM

17,530 posts, read 13,320,341 times
Why would you eat moldy jerkey?

That said, no clue why you are having issues. You might ask your doctor

Old 06-26-2022, 11:13 PM

1,147 posts, read 860,413 times
The mold isn't going to bother you if you eat it. It won't be the mold, but that indicates that the meat was spoiled and other organisms and their byproducts can temporarily give you symptoms, as you mentioned. Molds like that are aerobic and require air to become fruiting bodies, which don't exist in your stomach or intestines, so don't worry if you think you got mold growing in your stomach. Not going to happen. Forget about the mold. Out of the thousands of stool microscopic slides that I have seen I have never seen one single mold. I have seen yeast but never mold.

Since you consider it chronic then you might make an appointment to have your symptoms adequately evaluated. It might be dyspepsia or something else.

Are you gaining weight because you are retaining water? Feel a fullness in the abdomen that is growing? You feel like you are not eating and yet gaining weight doesn't jive unless you are retaining water.

Old, young, medical history, activities camping or travel, recent blood tests, things that relieve the symptoms, and things that make them worse are all important things to consider.

Old 06-27-2022, 01:21 AM

I do drink a lot of water, I have always been drinking a lot of water.

Bloating goes away after 30,45 min or so. I don't eat that much and I feel super bloated! Bowel movements still happen and seems normal.

I eat a lot of walmart made food like wrap, sandwiches, I wonder if it's not very sanitary and I got it there, but I have been eating their food for awhile.

Old 06-27-2022, 12:26 PM

23,250 posts, read 18,751,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVguy View Post

I eat a lot of walmart made food like wrap, sandwiches, I wonder if it's not very sanitary and I got it there, but I have been eating their food for awhile.
Not very sanitary? If a pre-packaged sandwich you got at Walmart was really contaminated or spoiled you'd probably feel pretty terrible for a few hours, expel it either by vomiting, diarrhea or both, then recover. The food might have been fine at the store but leaving it in a hot car too long could spoil it too. It would happen every time you ate spoiled food, but why you would continue to try the same thing again after a miserable session like that is a mystery.

FWIW, I love jerky and have eaten many different varieties over the years. Properly vacuum-packed jerky can't mold. Not enough air in the sealed package and as MLG already mentioned, your intestinal tract. If the package was left open long enough, and the jerky moist enough, it could mold, but salt tends to retard the decay process too. Consider that the "white mold" you might see on a piece of jerky could simply be salt residue.

This myth that food residues just keep building up in your intestines for years and can only be removed using some sort of special purging concoction reminds me of another kind of processed, preserved meat: BALONEY (yeah, pun intended).

Last edited by Parnassia; 06-27-2022 at 01:03 PM..

Old 06-27-2022, 01:09 PM

Quote:

I worked at wallyworld and I saw the prep of foods. I would never eat at my store's deli

Old 06-27-2022, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
I worked at wallyworld and I saw the prep of foods. I would never eat at my store's deli

haha I think I understand! Especially this is walmart....it is convenient food for me so I am kind of taking my chances. However I been eating them for awhile and this is the first time that I got this problem, and not sure if those problems are caused by wlmart food.

So yeah mold probably not the problem, but can it contribute to IBS or SIBO?

People with IBS/SIBO they say metamucil helps them a lot, even before this I always heard about metamucil, going to get some to see what's up.

Old 06-27-2022, 03:36 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,756,930 times
How could you possibly be gaining weight from eating some moldy jerky (which I don't understand either)

Old 06-27-2022, 04:29 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,462,437 times
try to get some probiotic pills in supermarket,and take a few ,see what happens.also yogurt with that bacteria start with Acidphil???.white mountain Bulgarian yogurt,not that sugar loaded Danon crap.
stay away from sweets,carbos for the time being,stay away from mushroom which is a form of fungus.

Old 06-27-2022, 04:31 PM

Quote:
haha I think I understand! Especially this is walmart....it is convenient food for me so I am kind of taking my chances. However I been eating them for awhile and this is the first time that I got this problem, and not sure if those problems are caused by wlmart food.

So yeah mold probably not the problem, but can it contribute to IBS or SIBO?

People with IBS/SIBO they say metamucil helps them a lot, even before this I always heard about metamucil, going to get some to see what's up.

Why don't you just see a doctor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness