U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2022, 08:02 PM

7,725 posts, read 3,193,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seethelight View Post
I've been taking Ambien for over 30 years, now 12.5 mg. I've never missed a night if I could help it. Am I addicted, yes I am, but I don't care and my primary care doctor doesn't care either.
You haven't had to increase the dose to get the same effect? That was my experience, and why I discontinued it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2022, 06:22 PM

6,408 posts, read 10,245,758 times
Smile Quick update....

It took a while but I've lost 5 pounds since July 3rd. Only 40 to go LOL.

I'm one of those people who does not look heavy but it's on there. My goal is another 25 by October 15th.

Anyway, sleeping is better. I'm eating earlier and that's it. Sometimes, I'll have popcorn that you make in the microwave but that's it.

I seem to sleep through the night. I mean, last night, I went to sleep at 2:20 AM and slept until 9 AM.
I never woke up once.

We'll see how I do over the weekend which are my worst times. I think I get more bored on the weekends.

But this weekend (Sunday), I get to go to a concert so very excited to do something fun!!

Old 08-04-2022, 08:01 AM

4,517 posts, read 2,960,114 times
Update on my experience with hemp gummies.

First I had to switch brands because I couldn't find the original one (sold out).

Second I tried a different brand but they arrived melted in the jar. (Got a refund from Amazon.)

Third, I received a different brand a few days ago. Not sour, not sugar coated (oh well!)

Have to say they are really working. I'm sleeping better, and longer. Almost getting through the night without having to get up to go to the bathroom. This morning I slept until 5am before needing to go. This is progress.

I get really sleepy right away after taking these. No hangover in the morning. They are by Vitamax, Hemp Gummies, High Potency 2,500,000. No THC. Label says: Fresh Colorado Hemp. I found that humorous.

Label says do not operate heavy machinery after use. Duh! No kidding.

One thing I'm watching: I think they might be slightly constipating. Nothing else has changed so these might be the reason.

Old 08-04-2022, 11:56 AM

Just received an email from Amazon. Insufficient inventory to fulfill subscxription delivery of next shipment.

That's the second gummy product I've purchased that has insufficient inventory or is out of stock in the past 30 days.

These gummies are getting very popular. I will be ordering more than one jar at a time from now on.

No snark please about "hoarding."

Old 08-04-2022, 06:19 PM

24,311 posts, read 15,987,939 times
I never could sleep like a creep after i stopped smoking. Everything got worse after i stopped. Only xanx works for me to take naps on the weekends for 3 hours or so. Without i would never go to sleep.

Old 08-12-2022, 08:31 PM

7,107 posts, read 9,136,743 times
Tylenol helps me sleep. I monkeyed with doses and have now settled on 500 just before bed. I will sometimes take 325 if I awaken, it depends on what time I'm awake.

Old 08-12-2022, 09:09 PM

9,976 posts, read 15,672,511 times
When my dad was in his early 90s he said he would go to sleep with no problem when he went to bed, but would wake up around 2 AM and not be able to get back to sleep. Said when you don't do anything all day (stayed in his recliner and watched TV), you "run out of sleep" in a few hours. He would take Midnight PM at bedtime and slept great he said, all night.
If I can't sleep, as a last resort, I'll take a melatonin which works for me, but I feel sleepy for several hours the next day.

Old 08-13-2022, 12:30 AM

52,344 posts, read 74,063,603 times
I didn't read all those replies, but did you try a weighted blanket, OP??
Many people swear to it, and I love it too.

There are a number of factors that can cause sleep disorders. Weighted blankets can help in some simple ways. The added pressure may help to calm your heart rate and breathing. This may make it easier to relax before you settle in for a good night’s rest.
They can help calm a restless body, reduce feelings of anxiety, and improve sleep troubles.
https://www.healthline.com/health/an...-blankets-work

Best selling weighted blankets:
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=highest+r...l_8hppv03h4d_b

Last edited by elnina; 08-13-2022 at 01:31 AM..

Old 08-14-2022, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Update on my experience with hemp gummies.

First I had to switch brands because I couldn't find the original one (sold out).

Second I tried a different brand but they arrived melted in the jar. (Got a refund from Amazon.)

Third, I received a different brand a few days ago. Not sour, not sugar coated (oh well!)

Have to say they are really working. I'm sleeping better, and longer. Almost getting through the night without having to get up to go to the bathroom. This morning I slept until 5am before needing to go. This is progress.

I get really sleepy right away after taking these. No hangover in the morning. They are by Vitamax, Hemp Gummies, High Potency 2,500,000. No THC. Label says: Fresh Colorado Hemp. I found that humorous.

Label says do not operate heavy machinery after use. Duh! No kidding.

One thing I'm watching: I think they might be slightly constipating. Nothing else has changed so these might be the reason.
OK, days later, they're not constipating. Still working well. Lots of very vivid dreams, more than usual. Good sleep, still have to get up in the night once to use the bathroom. Somewhat of a hangover, depending upon the dosage I use: either 15,000,000 or 2,500,000. The stronger dosage, obviously, creates more of a hangover but it isn't intense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness