U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2022, 08:23 AM

64,225 posts, read 53,272,773 times

Advertisements

This is making me hungry for some eggs. Think I'll go scramble some up.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2022, 08:28 AM

2,340 posts, read 906,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
An American can eat the same foods and still get fat. The "secrets" of those blue-zones go far beyond the specifics of what they eat. It's a matter of their total lifestyles, including such factors as work hours and family lives. For instance, it makes a huge difference that they tend to eschew eating at their desks, eschew snacks, and instead take two-hour lunches.
ok so the Harvard School of Public Health is wrong and the CDC and other science experts. are you a rancher?

Old 07-25-2022, 08:29 AM

2,340 posts, read 906,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
This is making me hungry for some eggs. Think I'll go scramble some up.
hard boiled for egg salad.

Old 07-25-2022, 08:57 AM

45,244 posts, read 29,935,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Throughout human history, there have been (and still are) meat-only societies/tribes who continue to thrive. There has not been one vegan society that consumed only natural foods, meaning no supplements, no processed foods, no fortified foods (meaning no tofu, no cereal, etc.) ever. If I am mistaken, point me to them.
True, but they eat the WHOLE animal, it is not the meat and the fat that contain most of the nutrients. It's the organs, eyeballs, tongue and all the stuff we do not really eat as a society.

I eat meat, but I eat a lot of my protein from plants, and I'm fine with it. I DO eat a lot of eggs.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets

Old 07-25-2022, 08:58 AM

8,825 posts, read 5,361,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
.. There is just something about filth that is a turnoff for me when it comes my diet.
Reminds me of: "Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy mofo"

Bottom line is: No, I won't eat more meat.

For the meat enthusiasts out there, go ahead and eat a steak at every meal for all I care.

Old 07-25-2022, 09:23 AM

14,796 posts, read 12,033,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
True, but they eat the WHOLE animal, it is not the meat and the fat that contain most of the nutrients. It's the organs, eyeballs, tongue and all the stuff we do not really eat as a society.

I eat meat, but I eat a lot of my protein from plants, and I'm fine with it. I DO eat a lot of eggs.
Yes, and I agree with you. I get lots of my protein from legumes and such, but I also do use organs etc. to make stocks, which I then use to cook a variety of dishes. The stock is FULL of those nutrients, and no one knows that they are essentially consuming what they'd consider to be disgusting (for whatever reason.)

Old 07-25-2022, 09:28 AM

45,244 posts, read 29,935,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Yes, and I agree with you. I get lots of my protein from legumes and such, but I also do use organs etc. to make stocks, which I then use to cook a variety of dishes. The stock is FULL of those nutrients, and no one knows that they are essentially consuming what they'd consider to be disgusting (for whatever reason.)
Interesting that you do that! You are definitely in the minority though. I admit I am quite squeamish about the less used parts of the animal.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets

Old 07-25-2022, 09:30 AM

46,291 posts, read 41,309,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Soooo….. the gist of all this is to eat a balanced diet like the USDA recommendation.

Got it. I’ll go eat some mule deer now.
Yep, and some veggies out of the garden. Venison stew.

Old 07-25-2022, 09:56 AM

26,667 posts, read 16,082,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
ok so the Harvard School of Public Health is wrong and the CDC and other science experts. are you a rancher?
They don't say what you think they say...and the CDC certainly does take its cues from the food industries, and the Harvard School of Public Health is quite influenced by political correctness.

Be better read. How frequently a person eats during the day (which includes calorie-laden drinks) matters nearly as much as what the person eats.

"Six small meals a day," for instance, is just plain wrong for a human being. It actually increases the chances of metabolic failure and insulin insensitivity, leading to high blood sugar and Type 2 diabetes... even if you're eating the so-called Mediterranean Diet. Hint: People on the Mediterranean do not eat "six small meals a day."

Stress level during the meal also influences how their metabolisms react to the meal. You don't want to eat while stressed (such as at your desk while working), but while relaxed. Hint: People on the Mediterranean do not eat while stressed. They take leisurely meals with friends and family.

Last edited by Ralph_Kirk; 07-25-2022 at 10:04 AM..

Old 07-25-2022, 12:53 PM

3,535 posts, read 5,119,302 times
Default Dr. Ekberg's Analysis of Eggs

Recently, Sten Ekberg produced a video about eggs. https://odysee.com/@drekberg:4/what-...-for-30-days:8 I like his analytical, methodical, altruistic Swedish approach to things (and only wish he knew how to dress himself, and that his video person would quit with the silly, distracting "lifestyle" clips)

Particularly useful, is Ekberg's well-illustrated breakdown of various protein sources, in regard to their use by the body: energy/calorie sources, vs building blocks for human tissue. (whole eggs win - bigtime)

And I love his egg-buying guide (running the gamut, from factory farm to pasture-raised).

Like Dr. Berg, Dr. Ekberg is a chiropractor/Doctor of Holistic Medicine. My impression is that he's enhanced his degrees with further study, and knows far more than does the average Physician trained in Rockefeller Medicine. MDs generally have virtually no training, where diet is concerned. And what little they've been taught, has been wrong.

A good place to begin learning about the sorry state of knowledge about diet, in the conventional medical community (and within the Dietician establishment), is with Nina Teicholz, an investigative journalist who's delved into the depths of the problem's origins. She's smart and funny, and you'll enjoy her videos/lectures: https://www.google.com/search?client...=Nina+Teicholz
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness