U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2022, 10:51 AM

4,566 posts, read 2,847,825 times

Advertisements

This thread is about having covid after JJ vaccination, not wild speculation about what may happen someday if pigs fly.

Day 9 since my first symptoms, I am still testing positive. My sense of smell is still very faint, at best. I seem to have developed some heat intolerance, which I hope is very temporary since its always hot and I am dying to get back to aerobic outdoor exercise. Lingering minor sinus symptoms seem to be improving.

I still can't smell bleach but I can smell peanut butter sometimes. Weird. I can smell coffee grounds sometimes but they smell more like chocolate.

Last edited by Deserterer; 07-30-2022 at 11:05 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2022, 01:13 PM

Day whatever. 10? 11? Just lethargy and early morning stuffiness that cleared, and heat avoidance so I headed to the mountains for a couple days. Still testing positive and still masking around others.

Old 07-31-2022, 02:54 PM

688 posts, read 216,006 times
We seem to have gotten covid right around the same time, Deserter. I tested positive July 20 but had symptoms the day before and tested negative. I had Pfizer x 3 (March 2021, April 2021, December 2021). I haven't tested again but am treating myself like I'm still contagious because I'm still coughing. So I went out only once to the grocery store yesterday and wore an N95 and tried to stay away from people.

There's no way I'd have the energy for a bike ride. I cleaned my bathroom today (scrubbed the shower and all) and cooked dinner and I'm wiped. When I'm not sitting, my heart rate is high, too, around 100 or a little higher, which isn't really normal for me. When I'm resting, it's in the 80s/90s for the most part. So I think my body is still fighting this off.

For context, I'm in my late 40s and overweight, no other health issues. Blood pressure, blood sugar and everything is perfect. So not terribly at risk of any complications other than the weight, and I haven't felt like I was in any danger or that I needed to be seen by a doctor, but this is still a significant illness for me. Coughing, some shortness of breath (oxygen level is fine), a lot of fatigue. I'd hate to see how I'd be if I didn't get the shots.

Old 07-31-2022, 11:34 PM

21,327 posts, read 29,030,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
This thread is about having covid after JJ vaccination, not wild speculation about what may happen someday if pigs fly.

I'm not the first one who mentioned long term effects of the boosters. I don't think J&J will have any, I think more so the other two.

Long term effects won't be known for another few to 15 or so years when younger people getting the vaccine grow up. Unfortunately, they won't be able to say 100% it's from the vaccine, I guess unless it happens to their tester group too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieosage View Post
I didn't even know J&J had a booster. Anyway it took a lot for me to get the one shot. I was very leery of getting a new shot no one really knew much about. Anyway, I survived and got through it. I still have no smell and still blowing my nose a lot. By the way my youngest had both shots and 2 boosters and has still had Covid twice. I know it doesn't stop Covid but the first time she had little to no symptoms. The 2nd time she was very sick for a week.

I don't think any of us really know the long term effects of either Covid or any vaccine/ booster.

Quote:
Day 9 since my first symptoms, I am still testing positive. My sense of smell is still very faint, at best. I seem to have developed some heat intolerance, which I hope is very temporary since its always hot and I am dying to get back to aerobic outdoor exercise. Lingering minor sinus symptoms seem to be improving.

I still can't smell bleach but I can smell peanut butter sometimes. Weird. I can smell coffee grounds sometimes but they smell more like chocolate

I wonder if you're still contagious. My daughter was contagious from omicron for a good 7 days or so. My grandson's school only gave them 5 days out of school which is wrong when it's contagious longer than 5 days.

It's interesting that smell is a symptom with whatever version you have, it wasn't with omicron.

Coffee smelling like chocolate isn't that bad lol

Quote:
Day whatever. 10? 11? Just lethargy and early morning stuffiness that cleared, and heat avoidance so I headed to the mountains for a couple days. Still testing positive and still masking around others.

Would you say you have fatigue? That was one of the omicron symptoms my daughter and grandson had issues with. My daughter couldn't get out of bed until 2 or so weeks later.

Enjoy the mountains. Hopefully it's cooler there. Feel better

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonMB View Post
We seem to have gotten covid right around the same time, Deserter. I tested positive July 20 but had symptoms the day before and tested negative. I had Pfizer x 3 (March 2021, April 2021, December 2021). I haven't tested again but am treating myself like I'm still contagious because I'm still coughing. So I went out only once to the grocery store yesterday and wore an N95 and tried to stay away from people.

There's no way I'd have the energy for a bike ride. I cleaned my bathroom today (scrubbed the shower and all) and cooked dinner and I'm wiped. When I'm not sitting, my heart rate is high, too, around 100 or a little higher, which isn't really normal for me. When I'm resting, it's in the 80s/90s for the most part. So I think my body is still fighting this off.

For context, I'm in my late 40s and overweight, no other health issues. Blood pressure, blood sugar and everything is perfect. So not terribly at risk of any complications other than the weight, and I haven't felt like I was in any danger or that I needed to be seen by a doctor, but this is still a significant illness for me. Coughing, some shortness of breath (oxygen level is fine), a lot of fatigue. I'd hate to see how I'd be if I didn't get the shots.

You shouldn't have issues with your lungs but just in case, do you have a blood oxygen reader or a Samsung phone with the health app to keep an eye on your lungs? I don't know if the lung issues are typical with the version going around now.

Old 08-01-2022, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

It's interesting that smell is a symptom with whatever version you have, it wasn't with omicron.

Coffee smelling like chocolate isn't that bad lol

You shouldn't have issues with your lungs but just in case, do you have a blood oxygen reader or a Samsung phone with the health app to keep an eye on your lungs? I don't know if the lung issues are typical with the version going around now.
I do have an oximeter, the one that goes on your finger.

I keep seeing that "loss of smell isn't a symptom of omicron" but about half the people I talk to who had covid in the past several weeks have it. I suspect it is very much still a symptom, but loss of smell is largely linked with mild covid, and since most people at this point are just testing at home, they're not reporting their symptoms to anyone unless they end up quite sick or in the hospital. But in the past month, my brother, my sister-in-law, and several friends have lost their sense of smell with covid, and Omicron is the only type going around right now.

Old 08-01-2022, 06:13 PM

My strain didn't identify itself to me but it definitely counted loss of smell among its arsenal. Same with a coworker who was infected a couple weeks before I was, and still hasn't regained her smell. I've been more fortunate, as my smell has never completely left me for a whole day. Today I have been able to smell strawberries, candle, peanut butter, mouthwash, dry dog food, toothpaste, but I still can't smell bleach!

That's good, but the late-arriving symptoms of fatigue and woozy-dizziness have entered a new level of bad. And I'm still testing positive. I'm starting to take meclizine to see if it helps with the dizzy-woozy feeling.

Old 08-03-2022, 06:09 PM

Day 13, CDC Day 12. Feel great, the meclizine seems to have helped, had some stuffiness this morning and still tested positive. OK, enough already, I'm ready to test negative now!

Old 08-06-2022, 08:09 AM

Still positive after 15 days, although the line has been quite faint for several days.

Old 08-06-2022, 11:34 AM

Wow, 15 days! I haven't tested again. Today I am at day 18. Went to the craft store and wore a mask just in case because I am still coughing a bit. The fatigue is easing up a bit and I'm sleeping better. I've been surprised at how tired I still feel.

I'm also noticing that when I stand up, my heart beats quickly for a bit. I did some cleaning this morning and it stayed in the 110s for a while after. I'm not sure if it's a direct effect of the covid or just that I haven't really been exercising for the past 2-3 weeks so I'm out of shape more than usual. I'm not big on workouts, but pre-covid, I did go for a walk daily and would play with the dog in the yard, etc. I'd get 7-8,000 steps. I haven't even been wearing my fitbit consistently but I'd guess I'm getting 3,000 steps now. I need to build back up to my regular fitness level.

Old 08-08-2022, 12:37 PM

1,193 posts, read 644,536 times
Quote:
Day 13, CDC Day 12. Feel great, the meclizine seems to have helped, had some stuffiness this morning and still tested positive. OK, enough already, I'm ready to test negative now!
What medicine are you referring to? I know this thread was originally about those who received the J&J shot, I got Phizer, granddaughter got Moderna. Now we both have Covid! She started with symptoms about a day before I did. I woke up Saturday morning with headache and nasty sore throat...fortunately, those symptoms only lasted a day....but then on to the congestion/cough/fever/fatigue. Panicked when granddaughter's temp hit 103.4....took her to ER, which was a complete joke...but that's another thread. Anyway, by the time they checked her vitals, it had gone down to 99.8...guess I should have given the ibuprofen more time to work. Right now, (day 4 for her, day 3 for me) both temps are down to normal, still some congestion/cough, but improving. The really nasty symptom for us both the last 12 hours or so has been really bad diarrhea! Sorry to be graphic...has anyone else experienced this as a symptom? Hoping that part of it is over! Also worried because a side effect of Paxlovid is apparently diarrhea and vomiting. Still no response from my doc...I e-mailed her yesterday. Health care in this country is a disaster....that's my take on the whole thing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness