U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-25-2022, 10:20 PM
 
4,567 posts, read 2,849,820 times
Reputation: 9166

Advertisements

Original Johnson and Johnson shot: April 11 2021


Johnson and Johnson Booster: November 21, 2021

Mild soreness in throat: July 22, 2022; tested negative twice


July 23: antigen test positive, but faint. Sore throat mild, mild diarrhea 4 times, some sniffles and sneezes. No fever, no chills, no aches. Rode bicycle a few miles



July 24: antigen test line jumped off the paper and screamed FULL BLOOM COVID DUDE. Symptoms unchanged. Late in day some fading in smell, at times. No fever aches or chills. Rode bike a few miles, twice.



July 25: antigen test line bolder yet. Slightly more sneezing, sore throat almost gone. No fever, aches or chills. Sense of smell comes and goes but definitely fading. A few inconsequential dry coughs. Rode bike a few miles, twice.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-26-2022, 05:07 AM
 
7 posts, read 4,451 times
Reputation: 20
I'm glad you posted this. You don't hear much about the J&J shot. I also got J&J April 2021, but no booster. I don't think I had covid yet, but I may have had it in December after being exposed to it. I developed very mild symptoms 3 days later. A mild sore throat, mild blocked nose, mild ear pain, one evening of chills and possibly a low-grade fever, but then I was just left with a scratchy throat and block nose for 5 days and that was it. I don't know for sure if it was covid, because tests were so limited at that time and I did not test.
It's interesting though to hear about people's experience with covid after getting the J&J shot.
I'm glad your symptoms are mild and I hope they stay that way.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2022, 05:18 AM
 
Location: Central Florida
3,075 posts, read 4,369,903 times
Reputation: 13804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Original Johnson and Johnson shot: April 11 2021


Johnson and Johnson Booster: November 21, 2021

Mild soreness in throat: July 22, 2022; tested negative twice


July 23: antigen test positive, but faint. Sore throat mild, mild diarrhea 4 times, some sniffles and sneezes. No fever, no chills, no aches. Rode bicycle a few miles



July 24: antigen test line jumped off the paper and screamed FULL BLOOM COVID DUDE. Symptoms unchanged. Late in day some fading in smell, at times. No fever aches or chills. Rode bike a few miles, twice.



July 25: antigen test line bolder yet. Slightly more sneezing, sore throat almost gone. No fever, aches or chills. Sense of smell comes and goes but definitely fading. A few inconsequential dry coughs. Rode bike a few miles, twice.
Congratulations! The shots worked! You've stayed out of the hospital and you haven't died of Covid. I'm very glad your symptoms have been so mild.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2022, 09:07 AM
 
7,584 posts, read 5,616,103 times
Reputation: 17014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Original Johnson and Johnson shot: April 11 2021


Johnson and Johnson Booster: November 21, 2021

Mild soreness in throat: July 22, 2022; tested negative twice


July 23: antigen test positive, but faint. Sore throat mild, mild diarrhea 4 times, some sniffles and sneezes. No fever, no chills, no aches. Rode bicycle a few miles



July 24: antigen test line jumped off the paper and screamed FULL BLOOM COVID DUDE. Symptoms unchanged. Late in day some fading in smell, at times. No fever aches or chills. Rode bike a few miles, twice.



July 25: antigen test line bolder yet. Slightly more sneezing, sore throat almost gone. No fever, aches or chills. Sense of smell comes and goes but definitely fading. A few inconsequential dry coughs. Rode bike a few miles, twice.
I had plenty of energy when I had covid. My only symptom was fatigue and it would hit me like a ton of bricks all of a sudden. So be careful riding your bike. You may all of a sudden be too tired to get home.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2022, 11:19 AM
 
4,567 posts, read 2,849,820 times
Reputation: 9166
It aint over yet...anything can happen.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2022, 08:26 PM
 
4,567 posts, read 2,849,820 times
Reputation: 9166
July 26-didnt sleep well last night, felt generally overall crappy in am with stuffy nose. Had brief fever of 100, literally for a few minutes, if I can believe it. It was after a short bike ride so I may have heated up. A few more coughs than yesterday. but overall no huge changes since the whole thing started. Sore throat is gone. By late afternoon feeling pretty good, probably the best yet, but still some coughs. Not getting hopes up too much but am allowing some hope that I'm turning a corner. Sense of smell is in and out, hanging by the thinnest thread when its not out completely. I keep sniffing various things every hour or two, trying to give it a workout. My Lilac Breeze candle seems to be what I can smell most of the time, but ever so faintly. Same for a dry skin lotion, but I can't smell bleach or my armpits which I guess ain't all bad. Felt fine on my brief 3-4 mile bike ride tonite.


getting extremely antsy to go for a longer bike ride, like an hour of hard peddling, but don't want to backslide.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2022, 08:36 PM
 
3,505 posts, read 1,270,011 times
Reputation: 3050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
July 26-didnt sleep well last night, felt generally overall crappy in am with stuffy nose. Had brief fever of 100, literally for a few minutes, if I can believe it. It was after a short bike ride so I may have heated up. A few more coughs than yesterday. but overall no huge changes since the whole thing started. Sore throat is gone. By late afternoon feeling pretty good, probably the best yet, but still some coughs. Not getting hopes up too much but am allowing some hope that I'm turning a corner. Sense of smell is in and out, hanging by the thinnest thread when its not out completely. I keep sniffing various things every hour or two, trying to give it a workout. My Lilac Breeze candle seems to be what I can smell most of the time, but ever so faintly. Same for a dry skin lotion, but I can't smell bleach or my armpits which I guess ain't all bad. Felt fine on my brief 3-4 mile bike ride tonite.


getting extremely antsy to go for a longer bike ride, like an hour of hard peddling, but don't want to backslide.
Prolly best to take it easy on the biking and not backslide. We all finally got it about a month ago (all fully vaxxed)...no fevers/sore throats, but a 2 week hacking deep cough which was scary...next 2 weeks were more regular cold symptoms that hang on a LONG time before finally slowly getting better.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2022, 07:27 AM
 
390 posts, read 337,987 times
Reputation: 1188
I got the J&J in April 2021, no booster

July 9 I was exposed at a family wedding. Monday no symptoms. Tuesday mild congestion. Wednesday congestion, fever, chills, body ache. Thursday- Saturday are a blur. I thought I was dying. Urgent Care doc prescribed Paxlovid. Sunday started feeling better. I lost taste and smell. Taste is slowly coming back but smell has not. Now, yesterday and today I am feeling sick again. Fatigue, mild sore throat, and congestion. I want this to be gone and never come back!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2022, 09:53 AM
 
4,567 posts, read 2,849,820 times
Reputation: 9166
Quote:
Originally Posted by annieosage View Post
I got the J&J in April 2021, no booster

July 9 I was exposed at a family wedding. Monday no symptoms. Tuesday mild congestion. Wednesday congestion, fever, chills, body ache. Thursday- Saturday are a blur. I thought I was dying. Urgent Care doc prescribed Paxlovid. Sunday started feeling better. I lost taste and smell. Taste is slowly coming back but smell has not. Now, yesterday and today I am feeling sick again. Fatigue, mild sore throat, and congestion. I want this to be gone and never come back!

Then I'm puzzled why you haven't received the booster...I'm on day 6 (Day 5 as the CDC counts) and (knock wood knock wood again) I haven't experienced anything (knock wood) that bad (knock wood).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2022, 09:54 PM
 
4,567 posts, read 2,849,820 times
Reputation: 9166
July 27. 6th day of symptoms, Day 5 as the CDC counts. My sinuses became very stuffed up just before bed last night. Was wishing I had some OTC nose spray or breath-rite strips. Used my prescription Flonase but it didn't help much.

Had some coughing throughout the day today, but not a lot and nothing serious. One cough produced a little, but that was the end of that. Went for 30 minute ride tonight, no problems. Bought some breath-rite strips in case the congestion comes back. I sneezed a fair bit today but wasn't blocked up. Smell is still mostly gone. Still testing positive on antigen tests but I feel pretty darn good.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top