U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2022, 03:37 PM

27,585 posts, read 30,386,851 times

Advertisements

The Instagram algorithm served this guy up to my feed, and he's got a take on Erik Berg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAPWW0bnPpE

This is an older video, so he's not as polished, but he still backs up his opinions with peer-reviewed scholarship.
Rate this post positively

Old 08-03-2022, 05:53 PM

224 posts, read 72,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
The vast majority of adventists eat "clean" meats which include red meat, poultry, fish and also animal by-products like eggs and low-fat dairy. Their pattern of eating is similar to other blue zones.

The majority of adventists who identify and report as "vegetarian" allow themselves animal by-products such as eggs and dairy...just no flesh.

Weirdly, some self-identified "vegetarian" adventists eat fish because they don't consider it to be meat.

Several religions (and others for study purposes) consider "meat" to be only four-legged land animals, so fish and birds aren't "meat" and are not reported as "meat" consumption.
I was SDA about 25 yrs ago for 3 months not really understanding their beliefs very well. The majority of our church were vegetarians. A lady named Joyce put some bone broth into a soup and a few could tell the difference. She lied about it. It was very uncomfortable as they found the package in the trash in the church kitchen.

I've not really known any who ate meat but again, this was decades ago. Who knows now. Their potlucks were to die for, despite being Vegan & Vegetarian.

Old 08-03-2022, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongevitySeeker View Post
It's funny how no one responded to your post which was very interesting and informative. Some people mention the blue zones a lot but with no specifics. your post had specifics which I appreciate.

I learned something about the religious aspect when you said eat the Adam & Eve diet. The problem many people might have with that is it goes back too far. Many prefer only going back to the Paleolithic era because that seems to prove they can eat a high protein diet, and animal protein tastes better to them than the foods Adam & Eve had in their garden. Especially do to the fact that they had no salad dressing back then, and no whipped cream for the strawberries.

I'll tell you what I like about the SDA diet: 81% of the diet comes from:

vegetables: 33%

fruits: 27%

legumes and soy: 12%

whole grains: 7%

nuts and seeds: 2%

The rest of it, in my opinion, has nothing to do with promoting health and longevity.

I like the pie chart showing the amount of each type of food that they consume in their diet. Some recommend the mediterranean diet but I have yet to see a pie chart.
I like this too, It seems very balanced. The nuts are specific nuts, probably walnuts and almonds, and that third nut that is so expensive. Soy I am not fond of...The Adventists are very educated upon nutrition and if you visit their church, most are average or thin. Sorta like when you shop at Whole Foods Market. It's the Ellen White thing that got me...sorry guys but this is seriously messed up. Still appreciate them as a group for their good aspects though.

Old 08-03-2022, 07:09 PM

155 posts, read 174,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
Adam and Eve were fictional characters in a fantasy novel written somewhere around 3000 years ago. They lived in a location that doesn't currently exist, in a climate that doesn't currently exist, under circumstances that don't exist, with animals that don't exist, plants that don't exist.

There is no "garden of eden" and females don't have an extra rib. I mean - c'mon.
Bravo!

Old 08-03-2022, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
Wikipedia is run by dangerous Big Pharma, pro-Drug, pro-vaccine idiot morons who know ZILCH about how the body works and natural health. IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE.

Exactly

Old 08-03-2022, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Adam and Eve were fictional characters in a fantasy novel written somewhere around 3000 years ago. They lived in a location that doesn't currently exist, in a climate that doesn't currently exist, under circumstances that don't exist, with animals that don't exist, plants that don't exist.

There is no "garden of eden" and females don't have an extra rib. I mean - c'mon.
You are so cool. You are a fictional character yourself who, under the circumstances, doesn't exist. There is no member here named Ghatti who is so smart ONLY HE can explain exactly how the first humans got here. He will use one word he cannot define for us. So lucky to have you here, what a blessing you are, if you even exist. LOL

Old 08-03-2022, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
The Instagram algorithm served this guy up to my feed, and he's got a take on Erik Berg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAPWW0bnPpE

This is an older video, so he's not as polished, but he still backs up his opinions with peer-reviewed scholarship.
He is trying to misunderstand Dr. Berg. Those people in Africa and third world countries have HUGE stomaches poking out but are starving to death. Even if their weight is within the range.

I believe Dr. Berg due to I am experiencing his truths right now. This other guy, never heard of him and all he's got to show me is he works out and wears very small shirts to show off. Not. much to see here imho but we can agree to disagree

Old 08-03-2022, 08:18 PM

8,695 posts, read 4,405,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongevitySeeker View Post
There's a chiropractor somewhere who's waiting for you; he wants to adjust your spine. And he wants you to come back every six months for a tuneup. I hear chiropractors on the radio telling people these things. And when they talk about nutrition, most of them are very misleading and wrong. One that I hear every week says he eats energy bars during the day whenever he feels hungry, to help keep his weight down.

Some of them have been in business for a couple of decades but still need to advertise on the radio because people are not going back after being there once or twice. Customers are not recommending them to their friends and neighbors. Now one chiropractor has been telling people on the radio to come in right away for a checkup if they get into a car accident, even if they feel okay. What are the odds he will tell them, "yeah, you need an adjustment, and don't worry, the insurance company will pay for it." $$$$$
You've never had any spinal problems I take it. well, good on you. I would with spinal problems on anyone. But as someone who has had issues and who actually has been a chiro, I can assure you that you are wrong. I am walking proof that chiropractic works. I have the before and after x-rays.

Energy bars in a 'health diet'? To help keep his weight down?

Mind you, I lost weight without giving up beer. Not a lot but I was over optimum. 10kgs over.

Old 08-03-2022, 08:24 PM

8,695 posts, read 4,405,484 times
Quote:

Aah but - men are indeed missing a bone. Ok so it's not a rib ....

Old 08-03-2022, 08:39 PM

3,083 posts, read 1,701,218 times
As for the OP title using the term "Quack," Berg is indeed a Chiro.

He is knowledgeable about nutrition and preventative measures via supps and diet.

He's helped me on certain things.

I've always researched his videos and his info has always been accurate.

As for quacks....some Medical Doctors (MDs) and Big Pharma can be considered quacks and these quacks can be deadly in addition to being expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.