U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2022, 08:51 PM

15,958 posts, read 8,622,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
As for the OP title using the term "Quack," Berg is indeed a Chiro.
Yes, but...some of us consider chiros to be quacks.
Rate this post positively

Old 08-04-2022, 05:43 AM

27,585 posts, read 30,382,738 times
Quote:
As for the OP title using the term "Quack," Berg is indeed a Chiro.

He is knowledgeable about nutrition and preventative measures via supps and diet.
As a chiropractor, his area of expertise and scope of practice is the musculoskeletal system. That is it. He is not a registered dietician, nutritionist, or a practicing physician, and should absolutely not be providing nutritional advice or recommending dietary supplements. That's why he's being called a quack.

Old 08-04-2022, 06:57 AM

3,078 posts, read 1,700,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Yes, but...some of us consider chiros to be quacks.
Some Chiros are quacks IMO. I do agree.

And so is Big Pharma and the food industry....in the end it's all about $$$$ sadly.

IMO, it's about us choosing the good, sincere, and effective ones of all of the above mentioned.

Old 08-04-2022, 06:59 AM

3,078 posts, read 1,700,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
As a chiropractor, his area of expertise and scope of practice is the musculoskeletal system. That is it. He is not a registered dietician, nutritionist, or a practicing physician, and should absolutely not be providing nutritional advice or recommending dietary supplements. That's why he's being called a quack.
IMO, he's done his research well.

I don't agree with everything he says...certainly not....

but a person who is diligent can educate themselves....show and explain the information - all in public - as he has done for years....and let the people decide.

He has millions of subscribers and followers....this is because IMO...his info has been corroborated.

Old 08-04-2022, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Some Chiros are quacks IMO. I do agree.
I should've said...some of us consider the entire field of chiropractic to be quackery.

Old 08-04-2022, 08:42 AM

224 posts, read 71,690 times
Quote:
I should've said...some of us consider the entire field of chiropractic to be quackery.
You've stated this twice now.

I'd assume this thread is not productive to you so thus you should just move on instead of hindering it for others who do and will, benefit. Amongst others who have benefitted from visiting a Chiropractor

Old 08-04-2022, 08:44 AM

7,584 posts, read 5,611,795 times
Quote:
Are you older? My mother always thought they were quacks as well, so it was by pure desperation when my neck locked up from a previous sciatica injury, no MD's were available that day, that I went to the chiropractor.

I explained to him that my MD told me that I would be living the rest of my life with off and on pain and issues from that sciatica injury. He asked why. Then he gave me one adjustment and I felt better instantly and never had a problem again.

On another visit, my little boy was there getting checked for something else and the chiropractor could see that he was obviously very pigeon toed. He asked if I wanted him to fix that. He picked up his legs and did a few shakes and pulls and his toes pointed out normally.

Old 08-04-2022, 08:51 AM

I had a friend to visited a Chiropractor because she couldn't raise her right hand. Forgot now why but one visit to the Chiropractor and he fixed it. She'd visited the Doctor many times for various medications, including pain meds to no avail.

We have doctors of the eyes, nose & throat, pediatrists, etc why not skeletal? I am unsure what supports this strange reasoning.

Anyone can do nutritional videos, there is no restriction regarding this on YouTube thank goodness. As someone said, always do your research to ensure the information is accurate (EVEN IF they claim to be a physician). Trust but verify

Old 08-04-2022, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
I explained to him that my MD told me that I would be living the rest of my life with off and on pain and issues from that sciatica injury...Then he gave me one adjustment and I felt better instantly and never had a problem again.
Well, maybe your MD was a quack, too, because no one can say with certainty that one will "live with sciatic pain forever" unless you've had it a long time and it doesn't appear to be improving on its own. It's caused by a herniated vertebral disc pressing on the sciatic nerve; it will almost always naturally reabsorb, but sometimes will bulge again with any provocation, so for some it IS recurrent, and the only cure is removing the offending disc. But for many it's just a one-time thing; for others it happens a few times, then never again. Sounds like that was the case with you.

Old 08-04-2022, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Are you older? My mother always thought they were quacks as well, so it was by pure desperation when my neck locked up from a previous sciatica injury, no MD's were available that day, that I went to the chiropractor.

I explained to him that my MD told me that I would be living the rest of my life with off and on pain and issues from that sciatica injury. He asked why. Then he gave me one adjustment and I felt better instantly and never had a problem again.

On another visit, my little boy was there getting checked for something else and the chiropractor could see that he was obviously very pigeon toed. He asked if I wanted him to fix that. He picked up his legs and did a few shakes and pulls and his toes pointed out normally.
That's fantastic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.