U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2022, 06:50 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,853,220 times

Advertisements

He's on the average awesome. So many of his videos make sense.
Rate this post positively

Old 07-29-2022, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
It was founded as a counterpoint to Conservapedia. Another online encyclopedia, but that also has nothing to do with wikipedia.

If your searches are THIS flawed - no wonder you constantly post things that so many people disagree with.
It amazes me how some people just look for the first website that agrees with their hunches and they call it 'research'.

Old 07-29-2022, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Because I don't appreciate Berg always slamming the medical community and saying only he has the real truths. I'll take our institutions over him any day. A couple times I commented on his videos and he replied saying his "truths" are only for those trying to lose weight. There is more to health than just losing weight.
Ok then listen to a lecture by Joel Wallach called 'Dead Doctors Don't Lie',where he goes into detail about his research and how doctors don't even follow their own advice and live on the average less years than their patients!

Old 07-29-2022, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metromoxo View Post
Just curious, who else to listen to on Youtube besides Dr. Berg? I listened to some Jason Fung and also Thomas DeLauer but looking for anything else good.
Dr. Josh Axe

Old 07-29-2022, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
And look at all the people who are NOT overweight, who are NOT vegetarian or vegan, who are living fit and healthy well into their 80's and 90's.

I live in a community of almost 150,000 seniors. It is an ACTIVE community and by that, I mean there are 75-year-old women playing fast-pitch softball on leagues here, and National Senior Games archery champions, Dragonboat captains and crew members, tennis, pickleball, a HUGE bicycling club that cycles throughout our 70-square-mile community every for fun, and then goes out to a steak dinner with baked potato and sour cream and salad with cheese and ranch dressing, and then go out to the town square square for dancing to live music.

They're fit, healthy, youthful. We don't even HAVE any vegetarian restaurants in the area, and ranch is the #1 dressing, with Duke's Real Mayonnaise as the #1 condiment for their deli-meat sandwiches.

How do they do that? By embracing science. They're omnivores, eating an omnivorous diet, splurging on "unhealthy" foods now and then and eating not just to live, but to enjoy the later years of their lives. If they're in the mood for bacon? They'll eat bacon that day. They don't eat it every day. They might not eat any meat every day. They also might not eat bread every day. But they enjoy a variety of foods.
Or they could just have good genetics...

Old 07-29-2022, 08:34 PM

2,759 posts, read 1,758,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongevitySeeker View Post
WK91

I need a tip on how to do the research it, how did you research it?
Here's a good video on how to read studies (especially nutrition studies):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1RXvBveht0

Another way to approach it is to understand nutrition through the lens of evolution. The diet we evolved on is likely to serve us well. A few books on the subject I've enjoyed by authors with no dog in the (diet) fight:

Wisdom of the Bones
Origins Revisited
Catching Fire

Old 07-29-2022, 09:17 PM

3,078 posts, read 1,700,366 times
Berg is a chiro YouTuber.

I do watch his vids.

Old 07-29-2022, 09:37 PM

375 posts, read 129,817 times
So many so called Nutritionists especially academic trained have failed the public. The same bs preached by the FDA to each lots of whole grains, fruits, and drink dairy leads to obesity. Dr Berg talks and points out the problems with the government and general dieticians are wrong about how to help the public. Counting calories, limit fat intake, eat more complex carbs, and a plant based diet. These methods doesn't help at all because of poor food labeling and generally nobody follows. Eat carbs regardless of what they are leads to weight gain plain and simple. Eat healthy fats like nuts, fish, butter, and EV olive oil is great for reducing weight. So I don't care if Dr. Berg is a chiropractor or not, his research and opinions have been great and he has a great following that tried his solutions and succeeded.

I generally find his opinions to be more honest than all other professional nutritionist that just tells people to limit caloric intake and eat more fruits and less meats.

Old 07-30-2022, 01:54 AM

1,064 posts, read 936,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metromoxo View Post
Just curious, who else to listen to on Youtube besides Dr. Berg? I listened to some Jason Fung and also Thomas DeLauer but looking for anything else good.

I'm interested in low carb (not keto but don't mind hearing about it) and also IF but nothing extreme like the OMAD stuff. Mainly right now doing low carb, a very low-key IF (like 14:10) but not snacking between meals, and eating no added sugar. All this I just started 1-2 weeks ago.

Also looking for good podcasts.
You could look up Dr. Pradip Jamnadas. He prescribes a combination of low cabs (not necessarily keto), fasting/ infrequent eating and whole foods. I am just beginning to watch his videos on YouTube.

"OP: But but he is an Indian. What does he know about western medicine?"

Nope. He is of Indian origin, but has been practicing in FL for 30+ years.

"OP: He would not be a true doctor."

Well, he is a cardiologist. So, i guess that makes him a "true" doctor. Look up his credentials.

Old 07-30-2022, 07:05 AM

21,044 posts, read 6,576,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Yeah, I've seen some dubious content from Eric Berg's videos and have mostly stopped watching.

What I don't appreciate above all from him is the way he slams the wide medical community. He preaches like we should not trust medical professionals but we should trust his Godlike research. This is doing a disservice to the country sowing doubt and discontent.

My physicians for decades have been enlightened about healthy eating, exercise and living for prevention. We should have more respect for the medical community, not less. He's a cherry picker who has not even been in the trenches.
I grew up in a family that relied more on vitamins and herbs than just taking everything the doctor ordered. At least on my mom's side. My dad was more traditional medicine. He had a mild heart attack at 62 and ended up having a stroke post surgery that ruined his life. My mom avoided most doctor's advice and lived a healthy life until 91 when she fell. I have made it to 58, healthy and in good shape. I avoid carbs and sugar. And never on any medications. I am vaccinated and boosted. My grandmother was vaccinated for the swine flu back in the 70's and almost died from it. So I was worried when I got jabbed. But all went well for me. I do respect when people opt out of the vaccine.

Not say this Eric Berg is right. For me I listen to medical professionals and then make my own conclusion from available information. And as a person you need to eat right and exercise regularly. Take vitamins. If you do none of that and rely on prescriptions to keep you going. To me that is a dumb way to go.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 07-30-2022 at 07:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness