Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2022, 08:07 AM

3,428 posts, read 2,393,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
Or they could just have good genetics...
Good genes can't counter bad habits. If you smoke and have good genes, you still have a risk of lung cancer. If you eat 1000 calories more than your body can burn off every day, you still have a risk of obesity and diabetes.

Good genetics can only reduce your risk. It can't prevent you from making stupid choices that result in physical deterioration.

Old 07-30-2022, 09:28 AM

3,687 posts, read 2,408,199 times
Berg leans on KETO and IF too much and it’s not for everyone.

Old 07-30-2022, 09:37 AM

1,142 posts, read 1,141,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
Berg leans on KETO and IF too much and it’s not for everyone.
Agree. And that's why you need to find what works for you.

I cannot do keto. But that does not mean I cannot get rid of the habit of eating every 2 hours.

Old 07-30-2022, 02:56 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times
Who? Never heard of him. Probably won't after this thread either.

Old 07-30-2022, 03:00 PM

37,104 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
So many so called Nutritionists especially academic trained have failed the public. The same bs preached by the FDA to each lots of whole grains, fruits, and drink dairy leads to obesity. Dr Berg talks and points out the problems with the government and general dieticians are wrong about how to help the public. Counting calories, limit fat intake, eat more complex carbs, and a plant based diet. These methods doesn't help at all because of poor food labeling and generally nobody follows. Eat carbs regardless of what they are leads to weight gain plain and simple. Eat healthy fats like nuts, fish, butter, and EV olive oil is great for reducing weight. So I don't care if Dr. Berg is a chiropractor or not, his research and opinions have been great and he has a great following that tried his solutions and succeeded.

I generally find his opinions to be more honest than all other professional nutritionist that just tells people to limit caloric intake and eat more fruits and less meats.
People get fat because they eat too much for their daily activity needs.

Old 07-30-2022, 06:26 PM

7,485 posts, read 3,219,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metromoxo View Post
Just curious, who else to listen to on Youtube besides Dr. Berg? I listened to some Jason Fung and also Thomas DeLauer but looking for anything else good.

I'm interested in low carb (not keto but don't mind hearing about it) and also IF but nothing extreme like the OMAD stuff. Mainly right now doing low carb, a very low-key IF (like 14:10) but not snacking between meals, and eating no added sugar. All this I just started 1-2 weeks ago.

Also looking for good podcasts.

Dr. Alan Goldhammer, True North Health Center

The Rich Roll show

Old 07-30-2022, 07:42 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Dr. Sten Ekberg has some good content, in my humble opinion.

But, as with everything else in this crazy world....Question EVERYTHING, and do your own research.

Old 07-30-2022, 09:05 PM

3,183 posts, read 1,654,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
People get fat because they eat too much for their daily activity needs.
This is a result of insulin resistance. Frequent eating and people who insists on having multiple small meals, snacking, and then thinking going to the gym can take care of the extra eating.

Old 07-31-2022, 06:29 AM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
I do not buy into everything anybody has to say. I will listen, then go to another source to get further perspective and info..........do that over and over again until I come to my own conclusion.

Berg has some information that is useful for me and some stuff that I do not really buy into.
His push to eat only organic, free-range animal-products, UGH, I am not rich and I do not think
it matters much, if any.

Old 07-31-2022, 09:51 AM

761 posts, read 445,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post

Another way to approach it is to understand nutrition through the lens of evolution. The diet we evolved on is likely to serve us well. A few books on the subject I've enjoyed by authors with no dog in the (diet) fight:
If you believe that, you just don't have the experience or knowledge about health & nutrition to do an evaluation of your own. For me it's relatively simple and I'm in the process of preparing for a new thread to evaluate the Paleo diet. The author calls it a "stone age diet". Perhaps because he was stoned when he came up with the idea. It may look great to the average reader who's desperate to lose weight, but it's hopelessly flawed and risky long term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness