U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2022, 10:24 AM

4,809 posts, read 4,958,299 times

Advertisements

OMAD worked for me. I feel better than I every have. So in my case IF does work but it's not for everyone.

I'm not starving myself. I consume 2,000+ calories in one meal. I know most people can't consume that much in one sitting so use your own judgement.
Rate this post positively

Old 08-02-2022, 10:44 AM

16,120 posts, read 8,688,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
OMAD worked for me. I feel better than I every have. So in my case IF does work but it's not for everyone.

I'm not starving myself. I consume 2,000+ calories in one meal. I know most people can't consume that much in one sitting so use your own judgement.
Have you lost weight doing OMAD, though? I, too, ate my full day's calories in one meal (because I didn't restrict carbs, it wasn't hard), but - although I lost weight at first - I plateaued and then began regaining.

Granted, I realize not everyone does OMAD or fasts in any form just to lose weight, but that was my goal.

Old 08-02-2022, 12:34 PM

3,878 posts, read 1,672,648 times
Dr. Berg “12 benefits from eating saturated animal fats” Watch this short video on You Tube.

This is backed up by numerous studies.

Animal protein is not the problem. The problem is that processed carbs are destroying everyone and then “the experts” blame it all on everything but processed carbs.

Old 08-02-2022, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Have you lost weight doing OMAD, though? I, too, ate my full day's calories in one meal (because I didn't restrict carbs, it wasn't hard), but - although I lost weight at first - I plateaued and then began regaining.

Granted, I realize not everyone does OMAD or fasts in any form just to lose weight, but that was my goal.
Yes I did. 5'10" 190 and beginning of year. Now at 168 lbs

Now it feels weird to eat more than once a day. It's become routine for me.

Old 08-02-2022, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
Yes I did. 5'10" 190 and beginning of year. Now at 168 lbs

Now it feels weird to eat more than once a day. It's become routine for me.
Well, you're a man; this menopausal woman hasn't had the same luck!

But I'm also now in the habit of eating just once a day, and it suits me.

Old 08-02-2022, 01:33 PM

224 posts, read 76,222 times
My son has schizophrenia but now has no hallucinations due to Eric Burg's nutritional information+ 20mgs of Prednisone 4 days in a row. Hallucinations are what causes a small fraction of these folks to become dangerous.

My son and I both lost weight...7lbs in the last 10 days. We both have 50% less depression, more concentration + more energy. I even get up early though for 90% of my life, could barely drag myself out of bed to go to work.

Today I learned from Dr. Berg about L-theanine. It only comes in black and green tea, and one other way..(not herbal tea) so I ordered the supplement. We avoid supplements but I'll make an exception for this.

I learned which vegetables to eat from Dr. Berg for schizophrenia. He never reached this just taught me about vegetables so I derived a vegetable formula that works great. Low oxalate diet chosing vegetables and fruit with many nutrients, the most nutritious. I like CHEAP organic vegetables. Live is unbelievable now. I change the juice a little, esp if certain vegetables are on sale. Red Beets are great as is spinach leaves but they are not low oxalate which he needs. I juice beets and spinach leaves for myself.

Juice- 2x per day,
this is what goes into each cup- (Produces 8-10 ounces)

*. 2 Radishes- .15 cents
* 1/2 organic Celery Stalk - .20 cents
* 1/2 organic carrot- .10 cents
* 1/3 cup of cauliflower-. 20 cents
* 1/3 cup of a Red Bell Pepper- .25 cents
* 1/2 Cup of Organic Kale-.75 cents
* 1/3 cup of Organic cucumber- .15 cents
* 1/3-!.2 cup broccoli- .10 cents
* 1/4 cup of zucchini (yellow or green)- .10 cents
* 1/4 cup apple- .25 cents
* 1/2 of a small garlic clove- .05 cents
* 1/4 cup organic onions (purple)- .10 cents
---------------------------------------------

$2.40 per cup is about $5 a day. Again, some days it's less depending upon what is on sale.
I always buy the biggest package if it's a flat price. Even weighing the bags/bunches on the produce scale so that nets between 15-20% more vegetables. We eat less junk food just due to not craving it. It's almost $2 just for a candy bar so we have actually saved money juicing 2x a day. Once is good but twice is MUCH Better. Juicing one is what I've done most of my life but twice is KEY. We still eat our meals but feel full almost all the time. What is da bomb is to add 1/3-1/2 cup of oatmeal in the morning. We just started that and the weight seems to be coming off faster. It's also the most nutritious dense nutrient food- whole rolled oats. And Cheap

Old 08-02-2022, 01:34 PM

How many times are you going to post the recipe for your juicing?

It's beginning to feel like SPAM (not the lunch meat).

Old 08-02-2022, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Well, you're a man; this menopausal woman hasn't had the same luck!

But I'm also now in the habit of eating just once a day, and it suits me.
I do OMAD more for health reasons than weight loss. Although they usually go hand in hand.

I get less inflammation overall and blood glucose levels are more controlled.

Old 08-02-2022, 02:41 PM

762 posts, read 267,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
It doesn’t mean that you are vegetarian or vegan and never eat meat or dairy. Rather, you are proportionately choosing more of your foods from plant sources.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...-2018092614760

A plant based diet is not vegan or vegetarian. They do eat meat and dairy but they emphasize plants. You can't get sufficient protein if you only eat plants.
It sounds like that evaluation comes from the meat & dairy industry because they would like to confuse people into thinking that a plant based diet can include meat and dairy. The more people who believe it and do it rather than a straight vegan diet, the more sales they will have and the more money they will make. So confusion is their best friend. $$$$$$

Anyone who thinks they can't get enough protein from plants is simply wrong. The only reason they wouldn't be getting enough protein is because they just don't like plants enough to eat the right plants in the amount needed. I've been a vegan for 17 years and sometimes I worry that I might be getting too much protein.

In the link you provided the woman is talking about the Mediterranean diet which is not strictly a plant based diet. It's your standard meat, fish and dairy diet. It's just that they recommend smaller portions of animal protein than what people consume in the U.S.

I know there are some links that say a plant based diet can include some meat but I think its a bad Idea to do that because some people will think they are eating the healthiest diet because it calls for "lots of fruit and vegetables etc." but even smaller amounts of animal protein will displace a lot of the good nutrition and fiber that comes from eating a total plant based diet.

If you calculate the fiber in a diet that includes animal protein, it will very likely come up short of the amount needed for a healthy diet. About 30 grams for a woman and 35 for a man.

Last edited by LongevitySeeker; 08-02-2022 at 03:08 PM..

Old 08-02-2022, 03:51 PM

224 posts, read 76,222 times
In this town, people live 10 yrs longer.

Follow the Adam & Eve Diet meaning anything Adam and Eve ate. Eat Raw organic fruits and vegetables, nuts (from trees)

https://www.bluezones.com/exploratio...0zone%20region.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.