U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-31-2022, 10:00 AM
 
6,672 posts, read 3,429,205 times
Reputation: 10289

Advertisements

Ok, since March I have been back to work. I take a train and the subway and I have even been to crowded parties. I haven't worn a mask since March. Though every single day someone at work is out due to "Covid" - I still haven't gotten it.

Now, of course, I could have had it and not known it but I haven't even had a single solitary symptom. No sore throat. No change to smell or taste. No stuffy nose... nothing.

I have used all my covid tests. Negative every time.

I am calling it.. I am immune.

Anyone else?
Rate this post positively

 
Old 07-31-2022, 10:22 AM
 
804 posts, read 454,541 times
Reputation: 2437
Not having it or not ever being exposed to the virus does not equate to being immune.

A blood test can retrospectively test within a finite time whether one has been exposed to the virus. A PCR test can determine present active exposure and symptoms denote the actual D in COVID which stands for disease.

Unless you can prove exposure then your immune status is questionable.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-31-2022, 12:07 PM
 
Location: USA
6,328 posts, read 3,158,251 times
Reputation: 19378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medical Lab Guy View Post
Not having it or not ever being exposed to the virus does not equate to being immune.

A blood test can retrospectively test within a finite time whether one has been exposed to the virus. A PCR test can determine present active exposure and symptoms denote the actual D in COVID which stands for disease.

Unless you can prove exposure then your immune status is questionable.


Don't confuse the OP with facts and context. It ruins the rampant ruminations.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-31-2022, 12:15 PM
 
6,672 posts, read 3,429,205 times
Reputation: 10289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Don't confuse the OP with facts and context. It ruins the rampant ruminations.
Rude remarks all you want. But the evidence seems to show I can't get covid.

It is off topic if you are not also immune.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-31-2022, 12:27 PM
 
Location: USA
6,328 posts, read 3,158,251 times
Reputation: 19378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Rude remarks all you want. But the evidence seems to show I can't get covid.

It is off topic if you are not also immune.


Gee willikers. The "evidence seems to show I" haven't yet gotten "covid."

Five people around me tested positive for covid. I tested negative. I must be immune!

Woo-Hoo!

Last edited by Lillie767; 07-31-2022 at 01:25 PM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-31-2022, 01:06 PM
 
4,567 posts, read 2,849,820 times
Reputation: 9166
You were vaccinated too.


I was "immune" until 10 days ago.







Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Ok, since March I have been back to work. I take a train and the subway and I have even been to crowded parties. I haven't worn a mask since March. Though every single day someone at work is out due to "Covid" - I still haven't gotten it.

Now, of course, I could have had it and not known it but I haven't even had a single solitary symptom. No sore throat. No change to smell or taste. No stuffy nose... nothing.

I have used all my covid tests. Negative every time.

I am calling it.. I am immune.

Anyone else?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-31-2022, 02:44 PM
 
690 posts, read 216,455 times
Reputation: 1284
I was "immune" until two weeks ago, too. Traveled, flew on planes, went to the theater a few times, went out to eat, taken public transportation, etc. Then my husband brought it home, presumably from work but maybe from the grocery store or something, and we all got it.

If you were vaccinated, then of course there's a lesser chance that you'll get sick. I'm fully vaccinated and boosted, too. They're not super effective against Omicron, and that's what's going around now. It's likely your time will come. Or maybe not. You could get your antibodies checked, but as far as I'm aware, there is no agreed-upon number value that means you're immune. As long as you've had your two doses, preferably three, you are unlikely to get seriously ill regardless.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-31-2022, 02:48 PM
 
Location: Alexandria, VA
14,143 posts, read 24,969,565 times
Reputation: 23619
I haven't gotten it but I DO NOT state that I am immune! - I haven't had the flu either but I am NOT stating that I am immune. There is NO SUCH THING.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-31-2022, 02:52 PM
 
6,672 posts, read 3,429,205 times
Reputation: 10289
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonMB View Post
If you were vaccinated, then of course there's a lesser chance that you'll get sick.
That is objectively not true.

I am vaccinated with J&J but not boosted. I am "O" Blood type and have a high vitamin D level.

BTW people it is a fact that some people are immune.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsl...mmune-to-covid

Quote:
It turns out that research suggests at least some of those people are more than just lucky: They appear to have a sort of “super-immunity.” And studying those people has led to key insights about our immune system and how we may be able to bolster protection against future Covid variants.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-31-2022, 02:55 PM
 
6,672 posts, read 3,429,205 times
Reputation: 10289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I haven't gotten it but I DO NOT state that I am immune! - I haven't had the flu either but I am NOT stating that I am immune. There is NO SUCH THING.
You are wrong.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/08/23/...to-know-why-2/

Quote:
Both experiences suggest that Andrade may have won a sort of biological lottery — that she’s one of a lucky few “resistant” to the virus that has killed more than 4 million people. But how? That’s the mystery researchers around the world have set out to unravel.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top