Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-18-2022, 12:19 PM
 
5,710 posts, read 4,284,252 times
Reputation: 11708

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Don't worry, I know how to tk pills. I've been taking vitamins of all sizes my entire life.

The moment you put it in your mouth, you can taste that horrid flavor. When pills taste nasty, I like to swallow it down w/ a spoonful of apple sauce, pudding, or yogurt.

When's the last time YOU took prednisone? Perhaps they changed how they make it. Mine's a 50mg small-ish, white circular pill, but it's not easy-to-swallow as you'd think for a pill that small (w/ water). I guess because it doesn't have round edges & seems to have a rougher texture.
The pill doesn't stay in my mouth long enough to taste. I put it between my dry lips, raise my glass and in a heartbeat its on the tip of my tonque for literally milliseconds before its washed down. Fraction of a second.

Not enough time to taste it. Ever.

I took prednisone for a week when I had RSV a few weeks ago. Same pill type. I've also taken it off and on for 5 years for gout, which is now hopefully under control forever. I'm not exaggerating that I've taken it hundreds of times and never tasted it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-18-2022, 12:34 PM
 
Location: Redwood City, CA
15,250 posts, read 12,957,322 times
Reputation: 54051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Thanks for the info! I've never heard of Lisinopril & had never taken it before in my life. What's if for?
It's medication for hypertension (high blood pressure), also congestive heart failure. I've been taking it for close to 20 years. Haven't had any issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2022, 04:32 PM
 
Location: Elsewhere
88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Reputation: 115058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Don't worry, I know how to tk pills. I've been taking vitamins of all sizes my entire life.

The moment you put it in your mouth, you can taste that horrid flavor. When pills taste nasty, I like to swallow it down w/ a spoonful of apple sauce, pudding, or yogurt.

When's the last time YOU took prednisone? Perhaps they changed how they make it. Mine's a 50mg small-ish, white circular pill, but it's not easy-to-swallow as you'd think for a pill that small (w/ water). I guess because it doesn't have round edges & seems to have a rougher texture.
I had to take ten a day for a while, then 9, 8, 7, 6, etc. Don't remember the taste, but I remember how I blew up like a Macy*s Thanksgiving Day Parade balloon and couldn't sleep.

However, they saved my life, so there is that.
__________________
Moderator posts are in RED.
City-Data Terms of Service: https://www.city-data.com/terms.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2022, 06:53 AM
 
Location: Southern California
12,773 posts, read 14,974,016 times
Reputation: 15337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
The pill doesn't stay in my mouth long enough to taste. I put it between my dry lips, raise my glass and in a heartbeat its on the tip of my tonque for literally milliseconds before its washed down. Fraction of a second.

Not enough time to taste it. Ever.

I took prednisone for a week when I had RSV a few weeks ago. Same pill type. I've also taken it off and on for 5 years for gout, which is now hopefully under control forever. I'm not exaggerating that I've taken it hundreds of times and never tasted it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I had to take ten a day for a while, then 9, 8, 7, 6, etc. Don't remember the taste, but I remember how I blew up like a Macy*s Thanksgiving Day Parade balloon and couldn't sleep.

However, they saved my life, so there is that.

I see, thanks for answering. I only got a 5-day supply, thank God & hopefully won't ever have to take those again!


Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
It's medication for hypertension (high blood pressure), also congestive heart failure. I've been taking it for close to 20 years. Haven't had any issues.

Thanks for answering!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2022, 03:18 AM
 
Location: NJ
23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Reputation: 30764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Don't worry, I know how to tk pills. I've been taking vitamins of all sizes my entire life.

The moment you put it in your mouth, you can taste that horrid flavor. When pills taste nasty, I like to swallow it down w/ a spoonful of apple sauce, pudding, or yogurt.

When's the last time YOU took prednisone? Perhaps they changed how they make it. Mine's a 50mg small-ish, white circular pill, but it's not easy-to-swallow as you'd think for a pill that small (w/ water). I guess because it doesn't have round edges & seems to have a rougher texture.

I'm thinking that the brand of generic the prednisone was is different then the one others are on.

I happened to be prescribed it too. Of course I threw out the bottle, I'll have to look at the script paper to see brand info but mine was nasty tasting too. Thankfully I'm done with it.

I was on it longer, probably two weeks worth IIRC. Had to take two pills the first five days IIRC.

Guess what? It did nothing for my cough or the mucus that still comes up when I cough. I was on it for a finger nail issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2022, 08:00 AM
 
Location: NJ
23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Reputation: 30764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I'm thinking that the brand of generic the prednisone was is different then the one others are on.

I happened to be prescribed it too. Of course I threw out the bottle, I'll have to look at the script paper to see brand info but mine was nasty tasting too. Thankfully I'm done with it.

I was on it longer, probably two weeks worth IIRC. Had to take two pills the first five days IIRC.

Guess what? It did nothing for my cough or the mucus that still comes up when I cough. I was on it for a finger nail issue.

My prescription paperwork says prednisone 10 MG made by Actavis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2022, 06:45 PM
 
Location: Southern California
12,773 posts, read 14,974,016 times
Reputation: 15337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I'm thinking that the brand of generic the prednisone was is different then the one others are on.

I happened to be prescribed it too. Of course I threw out the bottle, I'll have to look at the script paper to see brand info but mine was nasty tasting too. Thankfully I'm done with it.

I was on it longer, probably two weeks worth IIRC. Had to take two pills the first five days IIRC.

Guess what? It did nothing for my cough or the mucus that still comes up when I cough. I was on it for a finger nail issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
My prescription paperwork says prednisone 10 MG made by Actavis

I see! How's your cough these days? Well, my cough seems to have finally ceased after taking these 3 meds for about 5 days. The big question though is...will my cough stay gone once I no longer take these meds? The only thing I still have a supply of is the Trelegy inhaler, so I guess I'll continue taking that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2022, 09:09 PM
 
Location: NJ
23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Reputation: 30764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I see! How's your cough these days? Well, my cough seems to have finally ceased after taking these 3 meds for about 5 days. The big question though is...will my cough stay gone once I no longer take these meds? The only thing I still have a supply of is the Trelegy inhaler, so I guess I'll continue taking that.

I've had this cough since spring 2021. It's not all of the time, but when I do cough I bring up mucus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2022, 09:15 PM
 
5,455 posts, read 3,384,993 times
Reputation: 12177
Ever heard of covid? Your cough is a classic symptom as it is also for pneumonia. The information is out there. Google.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2022, 08:18 PM
 
Location: The Bubble, Florida
3,433 posts, read 2,403,870 times
Reputation: 10043
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
Ever heard of covid? Your cough is a classic symptom as it is also for pneumonia. The information is out there. Google.
No idea who you're responding to, but the OP already got an actual diagnosis and schedule of treatment from a licensed medical professional, up close and in person.

Google is not a doctor, can't make diagnoses, and can't prescribe medication or other treatments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top