U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2022, 03:08 PM

4,657 posts, read 2,902,112 times

Advertisements

The last thing my coworker said before giving me covid: "oh its not covid. I don't have covid. "
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2022, 04:19 PM

15,116 posts, read 13,993,145 times
You may have allergies and just not realize it.

Old 08-04-2022, 10:20 PM

3,517 posts, read 1,287,582 times
Cough was my main covid symptom...started out dry...got much worse...deep hacking cough for a few weeks...more "regular" cold symptoms next few weeks...lingers on for a long time.. Get tested.

Old 08-05-2022, 02:48 AM

4,837 posts, read 2,441,468 times
When I had the same symptoms before covid was a thing, I was admitted to hospital with pneumonia.

You do have symptoms of Covid too.

Old 08-05-2022, 04:36 AM

17,986 posts, read 17,718,344 times
Mucinex. It works, I don't know how, but it works like a charm.

Oreganol p73. This stuff is the truth right here.

Ginger root tea w/ lemon. Just chop the ginger and let steep.

Get on it asap & get well soon!

Old 08-05-2022, 05:36 AM

11,336 posts, read 12,529,506 times
I appreciate your comments guys! Here's my reply to some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
Do you take blood pressure medicine? Certain medicines can cause the cough you describe.

No, nor any other meds for anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
It could be environmental despite you saying you don't have allergies. Is it unusually hot and dry? What's the air quality like in your area in summer? I don't mean "the sky looks blue so its OK", I mean the measured air quality reading in your area? It might be lower than you think, and particulates (including dust) combined with dryness can increase the respiratory tract's mucus production which in turn increases post nasal drip. The PND can trigger a cough. BTW, you are not your fiancé. Just because he isn't bothered by something doesn't guarantee you won't be either.

True & I do check the air quality sometimes, but haven't in a while. On the site I check, for today it says this, but I wish I had known at least a few times in the last 2 wks:

"Fair
Fine Particulate Matter are inhalable pollutant particles with a diameter less than 2.5 micrometers that can enter the lungs and bloodstream, resulting in serious health issues. The most severe impacts are on the lungs and heart. Exposure can result in coughing or difficulty breathing, aggravated asthma, and the development of chronic respiratory disease."

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingvanmorrison View Post
I would bet you money it is Covid. I just read an article about how many people have it or had it and don't know it.
While for many people Covid is nothing more than a flu (especially if you are fully vaxxed), for others Covid can lead to serious illness, hospitalization and even death (yes, still!) especially if you have co-morbidities like obesity, diabetes, weak immune system, or other serious illnesses.
If it's "just a cough" you'll probably be alright to ride it out but just be prepared in case you have more serious symptoms like high fever, trouble breathing etc.

I would have someone get you a free test at the drugstore, it's easy to do, and see if you test positive for Covid. They usually give you 2 so do one one day and one the next and see if either or both come out positive for Covid. If so please stay home and don't spread it, as some people do get very very sick and end up with long term symptoms, some serious ones.

And if you have not been vaxxed and boosted you are more at risk of complications. This isn't a political statement, it's a common scientific observation based on medical stats .

I've never been vaxxed either. I don't believe I have it because I'm sure I'd be a LOT worse off that this, but you never know. ALL the many yrs of numerous vitamins, protein powders, etc. I've taken my entire life may lessen the (COVID) suffering greatly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
You may have allergies and just not realize it.

True, I very well could. I know they can develop in a person's life anytime, not just at birth or as a child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Mucinex. It works, I don't know how, but it works like a charm.

Oreganol p73. This stuff is the truth right here.

Ginger root tea w/ lemon. Just chop the ginger and let steep.

Get on it asap & get well soon!

Ah, thanks. Either this would have been your advice to me anyway OR you saw the part where I said I prefer to go as holistic w/ remedies as I can. I actually gargled w/ some warm water & oregano essential oil this morning already. My mom told me about it long ago, I just hardly do it, but I'll do it more often these days.

You should see my kitchen cupboard. It looks like a mini vitamin shop. I literally have that many vitamins, but of course I don't take them ALL daily. There's several I do, then others 2-3x/wk. Then others about 1x/wk or less. I'm also taking more liposomal vitamin C & D3. Also zinc &/or zinc lozenges.

& I do have a few types of organic, herbal teas...one of them being elderberry echinacea, so I was going to start taking that. I do have a ginger tea too though.

Old 08-05-2022, 05:43 AM

9,131 posts, read 5,052,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I appreciate your comments guys! Here's my reply to some.

No, nor any other meds for anything.

True & I do check the air quality sometimes, but haven't in a while. On the site I check, for today it says this, but I wish I had known at least a few times in the last 2 wks:

"Fair
Fine Particulate Matter are inhalable pollutant particles with a diameter less than 2.5 micrometers that can enter the lungs and bloodstream, resulting in serious health issues. The most severe impacts are on the lungs and heart. Exposure can result in coughing or difficulty breathing, aggravated asthma, and the development of chronic respiratory disease."

I've never been vaxxed either. I don't believe I have it because I'm sure I'd be a LOT worse off that this, but you never know. ALL the many yrs of numerous vitamins, protein powders, etc. I've taken my entire life may lessen the (COVID) suffering greatly.

True, I very well could. I know they can develop in a person's life anytime, not just at birth or as a child.

Ah, thanks. Either this would have been your advice to me anyway OR you saw the part where I said I prefer to go as holistic w/ remedies as I can. I actually gargled w/ some warm water & oregano essential oil this morning already. My mom told me about it long ago, I just hardly do it, but I'll do it more often these days.

You should see my kitchen cupboard. It looks like a mini vitamin shop. I literally have that many vitamins, but of course I don't take them ALL daily. There's several I do, then others 2-3x/wk. Then others about 1x/wk or less. I'm also taking more liposomal vitamin C & D3. Also zinc &/or zinc lozenges.

& I do have a few types of organic, herbal teas...one of them being elderberry echinacea, so I was going to start taking that. I do have a ginger tea too though.
I have one friend who has “non-allergic rhinitis” - whatever that is. He apparently isn’t allergic to anything but still has a variety of symptoms like a cough and postnasal drip. FWIW, he lives in an area that has controlled burns all the time and is often extremely smoky. I lived there for about 4 years and have never lived anywhere that had as many symptomatic people as they had there, and I imagine it was due in part to all the smoke destroying the air quality.

You can buy indoor air quality monitors for your house. Even if the outdoor quality is good, that doesn’t mean your indoor quality is.

I use the xlear nasal wash or sprays. They work well and do not have medication if you want to give that a try.

Old 08-05-2022, 06:30 AM

11,336 posts, read 12,529,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
I have one friend who has “non-allergic rhinitis” - whatever that is. He apparently isn’t allergic to anything but still has a variety of symptoms like a cough and postnasal drip. FWIW, he lives in an area that has controlled burns all the time and is often extremely smoky. I lived there for about 4 years and have never lived anywhere that had as many symptomatic people as they had there, and I imagine it was due in part to all the smoke destroying the air quality.

You can buy indoor air quality monitors for your house. Even if the outdoor quality is good, that doesn’t mean your indoor quality is.

I use the xlear nasal wash or sprays. They work well and do not have medication if you want to give that a try.

Interesting, thanks for commenting. Never heard of that condition. Actually, I do have 2 air purifiers in my apt. One in the living rm & one right by my nightstand, but I haven't had the bigger one on in weeks & I have to check the other...the filter may not be in there right this time, yet I've had the previous filter in correctly before. I need to keep those on again 24/7.

ALSO, I haven't been out of the house as much lately to breathe in the nice outdoor air. I've been a little cooped up so that may have something to do w/ it too. In general, I try to get out of the house every other day.

Old 08-05-2022, 06:59 AM

17,986 posts, read 17,718,344 times
Quote:

Yes, I'm not vaxxed either. I started getting a cough/cold/covid whatever late June, and got on top of it right away before it developed into anything worse. That Mucinex + oregeno oil (which I drank -not gargled- several drops with water a couple times a day) stopped it dead it in its tracks - the cough never got worse, it just immediately started breaking up what was already in my chest and got rid of it. If it was "covid", it was no big deal, I didn't bother testing.

With ginger root, the raw stuff works best. I have a huge pitcher in the fridge right now, which I mixed w/ lemons, raw honey, cloves, and cinnamon. Good stuff!

Old 08-05-2022, 07:56 AM

2,956 posts, read 1,702,958 times
Quote:

It could be that you had a mild case of covid in spite of taking vitamins and protein powders, none of which promote health at all.

It's been 2 weeks so if you had covid, doubtful you would test positive now. You should get checked for pneumonia.

Quote:
It's too late for these to help. They are antivirals that should be used at the first sign of viral symptoms to help stop a virus from replicating. If you had a virus, it already replicated and probably gone by now anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness