U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2022, 12:34 PM

6,333 posts, read 3,163,307 times

Advertisements

With all your money, you have hire a private masseuse for your home.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2022, 01:09 PM

81 posts, read 69,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Well, you did say you went to an Asian massage place...
He said he preferred Asian massage places; he didn't actually have this experience in one.

Old 08-13-2022, 01:58 PM

4,668 posts, read 7,125,797 times
$450,000.00 lawsuit in Oregon:

“A Democratic Oregon House candidate is suing the owner of a Woodburn massage parlor after he says she tried to initiate sexual contact with him”. …...”Anthony Medina claims the owner of Woodburn Spa caused him “emotional injury and mental anguish, trauma, an inability to form close relationships, nightmares” and other negative effects in the incident.”

https://www.oregonlive.com/politics/...l-contact.html

Old 08-13-2022, 04:07 PM

4,574 posts, read 2,851,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalisa12 View Post
He said he preferred Asian massage places; he didn't actually have this experience in one.

Nah, he pretty much said he did, and if he didn't, he must have wanted us to think he did.

"I prefer Asian massage because they do long strokes from upper back to your leg. I research because there is a stigma with Aian masssage therapists for not being legit."

Old 08-13-2022, 05:40 PM

81 posts, read 69,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Nah, he pretty much said he did, and if he didn't, he must have wanted us to think he did.

"I prefer Asian massage because they do long strokes from upper back to your leg. I research because there is a stigma with Aian masssage therapists for not being legit."

Thanks for clarifying!

Old 08-13-2022, 06:39 PM

15,600 posts, read 10,629,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalisa12 View Post

In our area, every time an Asian spa opens, the city moves to close them in no time

There are two that just opened and the closing process is already in the works

I'm sure that the OP knows what to expect at Asian spas!

Old 08-13-2022, 07:00 PM

1,814 posts, read 662,199 times
Get a massage therapist who makes house calls.

Old 08-13-2022, 07:08 PM

14,718 posts, read 11,937,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
$450,000.00 lawsuit in Oregon:

“A Democratic Oregon House candidate is suing the owner of a Woodburn massage parlor after he says she tried to initiate sexual contact with him”. …...”Anthony Medina claims the owner of Woodburn Spa caused him “emotional injury and mental anguish, trauma, an inability to form close relationships, nightmares” and other negative effects in the incident.”

https://www.oregonlive.com/politics/...l-contact.html
Any man with half a brain can look at that building and know right away what type of establishment it is...

Cheap signage? Check.
"sleazy" looking, unkept property? Check.
Blacked out windows? Check.
Neon signs? Check.

Last edited by Arcenal813; 08-13-2022 at 07:58 PM..

Old 08-13-2022, 07:16 PM

4,959 posts, read 4,073,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Any man with half a brain can look at that building and know right away what type of establishment it is...
Yeeeheeeheeeheeezus. Wouldn't go near a place like that. You want to talk about "asking for it" - even setting foot in that place basically qualifies. Nobody goes there for a therapeutic massage, I can guaran-damn-tee that.

Old 08-13-2022, 07:54 PM

7,326 posts, read 4,476,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Oh brother, let's overreact. Or maybe just not go there, or be clear up front (they may not speak the best English), or how about keep your shorts on?
How about not patronizing that sort of sleazy business in the first place?

Why should someone have to keep their shorts on? That's no way to get a proper therapeutic massage.
I'm a woman and for every massage I have ever had, I was completely naked and there was never any funny business, regardless whether I have had a masseuse or a masseur. One's body is completely draped with sheets and the only part exposed is the area currently being massaged. Nothing happens under the sheets.

I suggest going to a hotel spa or a massage business that is part of a health club or a chiropractor's office, or if a standalone massage business then one which emphasizes Swedish massage by licensed professionals.

You don't want to see the word "parlor," either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness