Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2022, 12:21 PM

3,027 posts, read 7,887,806 times

Advertisements

I got nerve damage in lower legs,calf,I have reported on this previously,sciatic is new.
Yesterday went to doctor about nerve damage moving over my knee in thigh area.
This started from my Moderma booster shot in late Nov. 2021 at end of Dec. My lower legs ached ached severely till middle of March when one Morning I found my right breast swollen and two lymph nodes exposed in arm pit along with a 1 1/2" red stripe down to my ankle from lymph nodes in arm pit,severe pain in groin area.
Since then doctor of no help with aching legs,yesterday,checked legs and said no evidence of blood clots but right leg very stiff and said problem with sciatic nerve and wrote presc. for sciatic nerve rehab.
I was wondering if anyone has used this type facility and how they might aid nerve damage.
I am barely able to walk and do not drive.Legs barely support me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2022, 01:01 PM

3,701 posts, read 2,632,203 times
Yoga would help. Curcumin/turmeric daily. Massage. Chiropractic. Even acupuncture. I have had success with all.

Old 08-12-2022, 02:04 PM

2,265 posts, read 4,096,331 times
Ask your Dr.

* If a trial with Gabapentin would help ease the pain.

* A good physical therapist can manipulate the area with stretching, infrared, TENS and ice/heat to end the session.

* If you need more intervention Radiofrequency ablation can be really helpful. There is a nerve block to see if ablation would be successful.

Old 08-12-2022, 05:16 PM

7,121 posts, read 4,956,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBev View Post
....one Morning I found my right breast swollen and two lymph nodes exposed in arm pit along with a 1 1/2" red stripe down to my ankle from lymph nodes in arm pit,severe pain in groin area....
Get a second opinion....Sounds more like a phlebitis, cellulitis or inflammatory neuritis with adenopathy. Sciatica would be one of the last things to consider, if at all....The coincidence of getting the vax may have activated a latent virus-- like shingles-- the lack of the classic festering rash doesn't necessarily deter that diagnosis.

Old 08-13-2022, 07:08 PM

I am going to a Sciatec rehab center on Thursday 8/18,I hope it is geared like the rehab center I went to after triple by pass in Nov 2010 which was a real workout for 18 days,8:30-11 and !:30 to 4:30,I need it,have to sit around because legs are like jello,don't support me well.
I do like the forum to pick up tips and pass some along the way.

Old 08-17-2022, 10:49 AM

23,789 posts, read 33,241,911 times
The only thing that helped my sciatic was an injection done deeply into my left butt cheek. ischial tuberosisity bursa area

Old 08-17-2022, 10:57 AM

1,342 posts, read 1,350,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
Yoga would help. Curcumin/turmeric daily. Massage. Chiropractic. Even acupuncture. I have had success with all.

I had awful sciatica in the fall of 2018, and finally went in for a series of acupuncture treatments. I was not opposed to acupuncture before that, but it seemed foreign to me. It was the pain and nothing-working that finally drove me to try it. It actually WORKED. It was not night and day, gone in a flash, but there was discernible improvement in the days following even the first treatment. I think I went 4-5 times in all, over the course of about 3 weeks, and it was gone by the end of that time. It was going NOWHERE before that, so I attribute the healing entirely to acupuncture.

Old 08-17-2022, 11:55 AM

My legs have weakened considerably this week,have appointment with sciatica rehab tomorrow,not holding my breath.
I do not know what to do,artery at ankle and up to knee last night swollen.Seems like blood flow problem?
If my appointment with rehab mentions it I wil listen,need afix before I wind up in wheelchair.
Today put compression sock on,now o'k.

Old 08-22-2022, 09:16 AM

23,789 posts, read 33,241,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBev View Post
My legs have weakened considerably this week,have appointment with sciatica rehab tomorrow,not holding my breath.
I do not know what to do,artery at ankle and up to knee last night swollen.Seems like blood flow problem?
If my appointment with rehab mentions it I wil listen,need afix before I wind up in wheelchair.
Today put compression sock on,now o'k.

See if they can set you up with this injection I had. You have nothing to lose.

You just lost your wife, your body is probably going to break down, it happens. I had one year about 6 years ago where it happened to me. I ended up with shingles and a few other issues where my body got so run down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
The only thing that helped my sciatic was an injection done deeply into my left butt cheek. ischial tuberosisity bursa area

Old 08-24-2022, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
See if they can set you up with this injection I had. You have nothing to lose.

You just lost your wife, your body is probably going to break down, it happens. I had one year about 6 years ago where it happened to me. I ended up with shingles and a few other issues where my body got so run down.
I think all on here have not taken me seriously that my moderma booster shot blasted my femoral artery,I have said damage was done to blood vessels and Cleveland Clinic proved it.
Last week I was going to call my vascular surgeon but was busy with other problems.
The surgeon is the one to call,DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis in rear of calf,blockage,not to dangerous but continual pain.It can be detected with imaging,duplex venous imaging with other tests available if necessary. You pushed me long enough to find this,I have had this since mid December 2021.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness