U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:45 PM

14,187 posts, read 25,025,750 times

Advertisements

Good that you didn't have worse!! Tomorrow night will be 6 weeks - I had to put the compression bandage/wrap thing on in the middle of the night and have had it on all day so far. Might have to break down and see a doc. - hope you are feeling well!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 03:59 PM

8,626 posts, read 3,320,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Good that you didn't have worse!! Tomorrow night will be 6 weeks - I had to put the compression bandage/wrap thing on in the middle of the night and have had it on all day so far. Might have to break down and see a doc. - hope you are feeling well!
If it still hurts after 6 weeks, yes, you need to see a doctor.

Old Yesterday, 04:34 PM

18,439 posts, read 12,007,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
If it still hurts after 6 weeks, yes, you need to see a doctor.
I wouldn't have waited that long to have a professional (with all the diagnostic tools and expertise at their fingertips) figure out what the original injury was and how best to help it heal. There probably were things you should have done to assist healing early on, but you're way past that point now OP. Who knows what if anything an ortho can do to improve your situation. Partially torn ligaments, cartilage, and other soft tissues don't always return to their nice original condition once damaged. Scarring interferes. I hope that's not the case, but only an ortho could tell you. It's possible some targeted PT could help.

Last edited by Parnassia; Yesterday at 04:47 PM..

Old Yesterday, 05:44 PM

8,626 posts, read 3,320,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
I wouldn't have waited that long to have a professional (with all the diagnostic tools and expertise at their fingertips) figure out what the original injury was and how best to help it heal. There probably were things you should have done to assist healing early on, but you're way past that point now OP. Who knows what if anything an ortho can do to improve your situation. Partially torn ligaments, cartilage, and other soft tissues don't always return to their nice original condition once damaged. Scarring interferes. I hope that's not the case, but only an ortho could tell you. It's possible some targeted PT could help.
That's all very true. After this long, it would almost be better to have a ruptured ligament than a torn one, since the ruptured one is easier to fix, and the torn ends will have healed. Cartilage doesn't heal itself, but the longer you wait, the more potential there is for additional tearing.

Old Yesterday, 06:37 PM

Tried to rep. you all - I just am not someone who runs to the doctor - guess I will have to now

Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM

21,487 posts, read 29,142,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post

OP should find a knee doctor as soon as possible.

Depending on what injury, the OP may have to find a doctor that will do a surgery to explore damage that can't be seen on imaging. I had two surgeries like that in the early 90's, one on a shoulder from a car accident that ruined my hair cutting career, one on the opposite ankle after a motorcycle mishap.

When they went in, they found it did not heal right. They had to shave stuff down IIRC.

Imaging has come a long way since my accidents. I wonder if OP had a slight fracture plus pulled muscles and ligament damage. Yes, they may have said time to heal first, but better to be seen when it happens then when it's way too late.

Have to say that urgent care has come a long way since they at least have an x-ray machine. I broke my big toe a few months ago. Of course they couldn't do anything for it but I went anyway because another foot bone was bulging. At least I know it's broken. I'll be seeing my GP soon, about 3 or 4 months after breaking it, she will have to do an x-ray. I don't think it healed. Probably time to see a foot doctor.

Old Today, 03:21 PM

Thank you all for the help. I have an appt. w/an Ortho. scheduled for 10/10.

Old Today, 05:48 PM

16,750 posts, read 36,259,657 times
Seeing my ortho tomorrow - one week after injury. I am in pure misery, worst thing that's ever happened to me, including the massive life-threatening blood clot I was hospitalized for three years ago. Hope they fix me up real soon!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness