Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2022, 11:56 AM

141 posts, read 90,413 times

Advertisements

I have a doctors appointment in a few weeks but I was wondering if anyone had any idea what this could be? Im reading diabetes and that is scaring me although I dont have any other signs of diabetes as far as I can tell. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks

https://ibb.co/sbLVxht
https://ibb.co/0K0cgHx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2022, 06:11 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
Looks like typical ageing in skin of seniors to me.

Old 08-23-2022, 06:56 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,661,659 times
The pattern of the discoloration is curious, is that an insect bite nearby? It almost looks like something is trailing under the skin but it could be anything. I would urge you to see a dermatologist to get the best answer. When I saw my pcp he claimed he didn't know what my persistent blisters were, my dermatologist knew what the problem was at once and prescribed a simple cream to control it. The layers of my skin are separating making it look like deep blisters. Hopefully, you aren't itching to drive you nuts.

My DH has diabetes and he has never had any skin discoloration like that so I don't think your coloration is related. Check out these images for better info:

https://dermnetnz.org/image-library

Keep us posted.

Last edited by Heidi60; 08-23-2022 at 07:14 PM..

Old 08-23-2022, 07:55 PM

5,703 posts, read 4,276,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Looks like typical ageing in skin of seniors to me.

Me too. But you definitely don't need to be a senior.

Last edited by Deserterer; 08-23-2022 at 09:23 PM..

Old 08-23-2022, 11:13 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
OP check out these sites, age spots on legs from sun exposure. You don't have to be old to get them.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...mageHoverTitle

Old 08-24-2022, 07:22 AM

3,121 posts, read 2,063,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGuterson View Post
I have a doctors appointment in a few weeks but I was wondering if anyone had any idea what this could be? Im reading diabetes and that is scaring me although I dont have any other signs of diabetes as far as I can tell. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks
It could be a number of things from harmless hyperpigmentation to a sign of something serious like vascular disease.

I wouldn't wait a few weeks to rule out a blood clot or other vascular condition that might need treatment.

If you have poor circulation, lifestyle changes can help with this.

Old 08-25-2022, 07:27 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
It could be a number of things from harmless hyperpigmentation to a sign of something serious like vascular disease.

I wouldn't wait a few weeks to rule out a blood clot or other vascular condition that might need treatment.

If you have poor circulation, lifestyle changes can help with this.

I agree, the OP needs to see his GP, a dermatologist or urgent care to find out what it is. I also wouldn't wait weeks.

That's a pretty large area too. Didn't realize it until I went back to look better. I'd go to urgent care. They may be able to biopsy it if not much else.

Old 08-27-2022, 12:08 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I agree, the OP needs to see his GP, a dermatologist or urgent care to find out what it is. I also wouldn't wait weeks.

That's a pretty large area too. Didn't realize it until I went back to look better. I'd go to urgent care. They may be able to biopsy it if not much else.
I agree with this poster. It may be nothing; but I will mention that I have had a blood clot in both legs, and have permanent discoloration patches from them. It could be caused by vascular disease. I would recommend an ultrasound.

Old 08-31-2022, 01:31 PM

7,237 posts, read 5,114,062 times
Probably early stasis dermatitis--tattooing of the skin by Fe left in the tissue after high venous pressure lets microscopic quantities of blood ooze out of the veins. Seen with varicose veins, the obese and others who sit too long in one place with feet down, CHF, etc....No real cure.... Prevention includes elevation of legs when possible, TED hose (used properly, which is rare) or progressive Ace wraps, prevention of edema, etc

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=avast&q=st...ages&ia=images

Biggest consequences-- your dreams of becoming a pantyhose model may be over, and, when chronic & severe, skin dries out and cracks and is prone to infection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness