U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2022, 02:58 PM

1,789 posts, read 648,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
I got the Pfizer bivalent booster on 10/7. On 10/26 began to feel a bit ill, tested positive for Covid the next day.

My wife preceeded me in getting sick by almost a week, so we're pretty sure I got it from her. She had a non bivalent booster in August before a trip to SE Asia.

Obviously, neither kind of booster prevented us from becoming infected. Nevertheless, I still believe they are likely to decrease odds of both infection and more prolonged/severe disease. My wife had sore throat, sneezing and drippy nose but these symptoms didn't slow her down a bit and she's now testing negative after about a week of being positive.

Sore throat and drippy nose for me, no sneezing. I will test later next week, hopefully by then it will be a negative for me too.
You didn’t suggest otherwise, but you likely were infected several days before you were vaccinated, and beyond that, I imagine it takes a few days for the vaccine to “kick in” and provide any sort of disease prevention. As you said, I think getting the vaccine could still have only helped your situation for the reasons you mentioned.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2022, 03:33 PM

9,048 posts, read 15,258,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
I had a similar reaction to the Shingles vaccine. I felt like I had the flu and at one point my heart started to race which scared me because I have had afib episodes before. I looked it up and said it was a possible side effect of the vaccine so I just waited it out. It was tough for me to get the second shot because of how bad I felt with the first one but I've seen the effects of the Shingles so I toughed it out. Oddly enough I didn't have much if any reaction to my first 2 Pfizer Covid shots or the Bivalent booster, but I had a pretty nasty reaction to the first booster 7 months after my initial shots. I was actually considering not getting the bivalent booster but I'm glad I did. I guess you just have to decide which is the lesser of the evils for you.
I'm glad you didn't have a reaction to the Covid shots. I had the opposite happen to me. I had no reaction to the Shingles vaccine, just the Covid shots. In fact I've never had a reaction to any vaccines I've ever had all my life, from Polio to Pneumonia and a number of others in between. Just the Covid shots. Take Care.

Old 11-08-2022, 09:55 PM

9,136 posts, read 5,722,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
You didn’t suggest otherwise, but you likely were infected several days before you were vaccinated, and beyond that, I imagine it takes a few days for the vaccine to “kick in” and provide any sort of disease prevention. As you said, I think getting the vaccine could still have only helped your situation for the reasons you mentioned.
Really, you think I was infected weeks before showing symptoms?

My test was finally negative yesterday, so 12 days of testing positive. I was almost certainly positive for a couple days before developing symptoms, but I doubt it was for 3 weeks prior.

Old 11-26-2022, 11:42 AM

1,758 posts, read 1,925,637 times
I got the Pfizer bivalent booster Wed. afternoon 11/23. No big plans for TG Day and I wanted to do it when I had a few days off in case of reaction.

I felt fine until Thursday morning, then my temp started going up and I felt kinda crummy for about 24 hours. By Friday I was pretty much back to normal.

The shot itself went just fine; now I still have some itchiness and tenderness at the injection site (which started Thursday) but not too bad. I get shots in my dominant arm so I'll move it more.

Old 12-02-2022, 11:31 AM

5,828 posts, read 2,153,827 times
Not a chance. I had myocarditis from the 2nd Pfizer and no way I'm getting another shot of any mRNA.

Old 12-08-2022, 08:43 AM

7,199 posts, read 3,177,586 times
I had COVID at the end of October. Had taken the first 2 Pfizer vaccines and one booster. My doctor wants me to get the 2nd booster but I am really wary of doing that for the reason Mascoma indicated. I don't know if I'm confident it's safe, even though I trust my PCP. I know that's odd.

OTOH. She did talk me into a flu shot, which I've never had in my life, because my hemo oncologist said her family has had both COVID and the flu going around now and the flu was far worse than COVID.

Old 12-08-2022, 08:46 AM

3,516 posts, read 1,444,714 times
No - no booster, just the first two based on the hysteria.

Friends fully boosted got covid in 2022

I got covid in 2022.

Everyone had mild cold like symptoms and we all recovered just fine.

Go figure.

Old 12-10-2022, 09:57 AM

9,048 posts, read 15,258,763 times
I truly believe far to many vaccinations are being pushed on us, and I don't know about all of us but some people need to be careful. Especially if your someone that has chronic serious medical conditions such as Heart Issues or perhaps DIabetes. Or your someone that has had Covid sometime during the past 2 years. As I mentioned early in this Thread I had Covid early on in the Pandemic and it wasn't the most serious case, but it wasn't a mild cold like illness either. I then started having the Covid shots starting 3 months after I had the Covid. I now have had all the boosters available and I have had Covid symptoms with every shot. This latest booster I had in Sept or Oct damn near did me in. What was different this time is I was given Moderna, and the previous shots were Pfizer. I got them at the VA and they truthfully were not certain if mixing the type vaccines would cause problems, but they didn't think they would so I got it. I can't say I was completely comfortable with the uncertainty from the VA nurse, and went against my better judgement getting the Moderna vaccine.

Between the strong Covid symptoms and then it going after my heart beat I was terrified by this experience. I got close to going to the ER when the racing heart beat made me dizzy like I was going to pass out. Suddenly it stopped and I just had the fever, chills and exhausted feeling. Those symptoms went on for 3 days, where with the previous Pfizer vaccines I was sick for 1 day. I'm an Insulin Diabetic and since I did have Covid I'm wondering if that is reason I'm having such strong reactions to these Vaccines. Or is it the fact I went from all Pfizer vaccines to this latest version of Moderna. Perhaps my body has the antibodies from the Covid and adding more from vaccines is causing a reaction. I don't know but it sounds good lol.

All I do know is be careful with these vaccines especially if your finding, that you do have some kind of side effects that are more than mild side effects. If your actually sick from these vaccines, and your heart beat becomes erratic like mine did. Then I recommend as I'm going to do. Don't get anymore booster shots until these medical teams address the fact, that some people are becoming very sick from these vaccines. Not all thankfully but some definitely are. So far I'm not hearing any such investigation is being done on this subject. So be careful because it looks like more and more, we have to be our own Doctor when deciding what is right or wrong for us.

Old 12-10-2022, 09:10 PM

1,525 posts, read 618,005 times
^^^ I am sorry you had to go through that. I can imagine it was frightening not to mention miserable. I never wanted any of the shots, but I acquiesced because I felt it was the lesser of two evils. Insofar as I am aware, I have not contracted Covid, but I am alone most of the time. I am retired, so I do not go to an office every day, and I do not go out to shop more than once a week at most. I think staying away from other people has helped me to stay Covid free.

Old 12-10-2022, 09:13 PM

2,312 posts, read 1,296,882 times
If you're "not hearing any such investigation is being done" on the subject, it's because you haven't been listening. There is extensive study done on the boosters, and VAERS exists so people can report any incidents. The CDC checks for patterns in those reports and if they find any, they investigate. The pharmaceutical companies also do their own testing and investigations on potential side effects, or known side effects. While many of those reports submitted to VAERS are false ("I got the shot and two days later I died" is an actual report - another one was someone who got a booster and then fell off a ladder at his roofing job later that week - there are hundreds like these) - many of them also present a pattern of possible problems. Such as elevated temperature. Feelings of lethargy or tiredness, heaviness in the limbs. Those are ALL investigated. Extensively. And published, and publicly available for anyone to read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness