Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2022, 04:38 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,213,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Area Man View Post
Hello. I am a 44 year old male. Tomorrow, I will be getting getting the Bivalent booster Pfizer along with the seasonal Flu shot. It was recommended that I can get both at the same time. My concerns are the normal side effects. Would my side effects be more intensified because I am getting both at the same time? I am off Sunday, Monday and Wednesday from work but also took Tuesday off just in case I need to rest.
Didn't have a problem. Did it on advice of my doctor. Besides selling vaccine, why is it necessary to get 4 shots? Seems excessive.

Old 09-12-2022, 04:47 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
Then why is the FDA closely monitoring the booster for "expected" safety and efficacy? You are taking part in
the human trials when getting jabbed!
All vaccines are continuously monitored forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
Didn't have a problem. Did it on advice of my doctor. Besides selling vaccine, why is it necessary to get 4 shots? Seems excessive.

Because the effectiveness of the vaccines has waned as the virus has evolved.

Old 09-12-2022, 05:00 PM

1,555 posts, read 779,639 times
Quote:
Then why is the FDA closely monitoring the booster for "expected" safety and efficacy? You are taking part in
the human trials when getting jabbed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
Older vaccines don’t have the Omicron B4 and B5 variant.

Old 09-12-2022, 05:03 PM

My head was feeling heavy. I had to take the Acetaminophen 500mg. Today is my leg day. Although I won’t have half the energy required to push the weights I will still get light workout done. Never skip leg day.

Old 09-13-2022, 08:32 AM

8,674 posts, read 22,919,247 times
My grown son, his wife and I all went Saturday night and got both the variant booster and flu shot (I am at risk, fully vaxed and double boosted, now triple). The pharmacist said this is .5 cc, where the prior boosters were .25. (I could have the measurement wrong, but the dose is 2x the last booster and the same as the original vax). Both DIL and myself were Moderna, son was Pfiser. We all got Moderna. About 4 pm the following day, it hit all of us. My DIL had severe leg cramps, I had a strange tickle in the throat the night of the shot, then just blah the following day. My son had it the worst of the 3, strange pain in clavicle area, feverish and peckish, he had to call out on Monday. Today, he feels great. All three of us have very sore arms. I took my jet setting on my shower and on hot, blasted my arm. That made it feel 200% better afterwards, but hurt while doing it.

No regrets here. DIL is elementary school teacher, son is in IT in the office, I am work from home.

We were told we were likely the last to get the booster, that there were only a couple more available and the State could not resupply until the end of September. If that is the same nationwide, we are in for a real picnic as everyone heads indoors.

Old 09-13-2022, 09:10 AM

5,712 posts, read 4,289,046 times
Quote:
New mRNA booster only tested on mice, approved anyway, you are the guinea pigs!

Mmmmm, do I smell cocoa puffs?

Old 09-13-2022, 01:37 PM

110 posts, read 170,483 times
I had the Pfizer booster and yearly flu shot on yesterday (Monday), around noon, one in each arm. The arm with the flu shot hurt a little yesterday evening and feels fine now. The arm with the Pfizer booster hurt more yesterday evening and is a little achey today. But it hurt less than a tetanus shot. Otherwise, no side effects. I got the initial Pfizer vaccine as soon as I could and all the subsequent boosters. Aside from feeling a bit tired the day after the first shot, I haven't really had any side effects. And, as far as I know, I haven't had COVID, which is, you know, nice.

Old 09-13-2022, 02:40 PM

Pretty much recovered 100% today.

Old 09-13-2022, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
My grown son, his wife and I all went Saturday night and got both the variant booster and flu shot (I am at risk, fully vaxed and double boosted, now triple). The pharmacist said this is .5 cc, where the prior boosters were .25. (I could have the measurement wrong, but the dose is 2x the last booster and the same as the original vax). Both DIL and myself were Moderna, son was Pfiser. We all got Moderna. About 4 pm the following day, it hit all of us. My DIL had severe leg cramps, I had a strange tickle in the throat the night of the shot, then just blah the following day. My son had it the worst of the 3, strange pain in clavicle area, feverish and peckish, he had to call out on Monday. Today, he feels great. All three of us have very sore arms. I took my jet setting on my shower and on hot, blasted my arm. That made it feel 200% better afterwards, but hurt while doing it.

No regrets here. DIL is elementary school teacher, son is in IT in the office, I am work from home.

We were told we were likely the last to get the booster, that there were only a couple more available and the State could not resupply until the end of September. If that is the same nationwide, we are in for a real picnic as everyone heads indoors.
Pfizer all the way for me.

Old 09-13-2022, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather67 View Post
I had the Pfizer booster and yearly flu shot on yesterday (Monday), around noon, one in each arm. The arm with the flu shot hurt a little yesterday evening and feels fine now. The arm with the Pfizer booster hurt more yesterday evening and is a little achey today. But it hurt less than a tetanus shot. Otherwise, no side effects. I got the initial Pfizer vaccine as soon as I could and all the subsequent boosters. Aside from feeling a bit tired the day after the first shot, I haven't really had any side effects. And, as far as I know, I haven't had COVID, which is, you know, nice.
I got both in left arm. Pain isn’t too bad. If you move then you can kinda feel it. I lift weights so this kind of pain is nothing to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness