Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2022, 03:58 PM

2,145 posts, read 3,047,542 times

Advertisements

I got the Pfizer bivaliant booster yesterday, with no ill effects so far. I haven't had any problems with the other covid vaccines I've gotten. I did take a prophylactic dose of tylenol right after, but only because my neighbor got knocked on her ass for a few days with fever and aches after her booster. I don't know if it had anything to do with her having had breast cancer and covid twice.

Old 10-15-2022, 05:58 PM

9,510 posts, read 16,438,078 times
I'm wondering if people that have had Covid prior to starting the vaccines, are more prone to these side effects or reactions whatever they are. I had Covid 3 months before my first dose of Pfzier in 2020. Perhaps we have antibodies already from having Covid and then we get the vaccines and its to much for our bodies. Of course I have no way to know that's what happens, but then the Medical Community doesn't have an answer either. I've asked Doctors and I've looked all over the internet for answers and no one seems to know. Just shows how new and not really tested enough these vaccines are. We really are a ginny pig.

Old 10-15-2022, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedintime View Post
I'm in your camp as well. NO more vaccines for me ! Currently wearing a heart monitor due to sudden heart rate spikes caused by my last booster. At rest heart rate is 55bpm with sudden spikes to 150-160bpm then back down to 41-46 before returning to normal for me. (55-56)
Don't know why they have me wearing the monitor. They already know this is a possible side effect. All I can think of is they don't know what to do and are just using the time to see what happens.
(human guinea pig)

Also severe joint pain.

These 2 side effects are listed as possible. These are from the past boosters not the new one.
Yes the heart rate spikes palpatations scared me the most, and the weak dizzy feeling that came with it. This latest version of the vaccine is somewhat different than the previous, so god only knows what effect its going to have on different people. It could I'm sure aggravate medical conditions the person already has at least for awhile. My sister had the vaccine 2 weeks before me, and she did not get as much as a sore arm. She has never had Covid though like I have. With me its every single shot I'm sick, and this latest experience was much worse than the previous.

Old 10-15-2022, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
I've had 2 J&J shots, plus covid once, and don't plan to have any additional covid vaccines at this point. My mind could be changed by future developments but for now I'll pass. I think at a certain point you just have to take your chances.
Yes I don't blame you. Pass for awhile.

Old 10-15-2022, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
I got the Pfizer bivaliant booster yesterday, with no ill effects so far. I haven't had any problems with the other covid vaccines I've gotten. I did take a prophylactic dose of tylenol right after, but only because my neighbor got knocked on her ass for a few days with fever and aches after her booster. I don't know if it had anything to do with her having had breast cancer and covid twice.
I got Covid a week after having Melanoma cancer surgery in Dec 2020. In fact much of the staff at the surgical center where I had the surgery had it. I can only imagine it came from there, since I could not wear a mask as the surgery was on my face. So like your neighbor its possible those that have had Covid and Cancer, may be more prone to these horrible side effects of the vaccines. I think the medical community needs to really work on finding the cause of these side effects, since for some of us they are severe not mild by no means.

Old 10-17-2022, 10:24 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,810,773 times
Had the Moderna Updated Booster this past Saturday. It wasn't unbearable, but I have had general soreness in my whole body (including the arm) the past couple of days, as well as general fatigue/lethargy. I slept like a baby the past 2 nights, so that was a benefit, lol. It's seems like it's starting to wear off a little today.

Old 10-17-2022, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Had the Moderna Updated Booster this past Saturday. It wasn't unbearable, but I have had general soreness in my whole body (including the arm) the past couple of days, as well as general fatigue/lethargy. I slept like a baby the past 2 nights, so that was a benefit, lol. It's seems like it's starting to wear off a little today.
That's good to hear. I'm glad quite a few people don't get nearly as sick as others do. I hope the people that are developing these vaccines, are working on a solution to why some get so sick vs others.

Old 10-17-2022, 01:16 PM

10,467 posts, read 7,598,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedintime View Post
Don't know why they have me wearing the monitor...
To see if you're experiencing an arrythmia such as PSVT. That would be a condition completely unrelated to the vaccine.

Old 10-17-2022, 01:57 PM

8,976 posts, read 6,000,481 times
Four covid shots (Pfizer all the way)- latest one last week when I went to CVS for my annual flu shot. It's been a week and no reaction to either shot. One in each arm.

This week got the Prevnar pneumonia shot. So far, no reaction.

I have nothing to complain about. I think I'll complain about that I have nothing to complain about. Sounds about right in this environment.

Old 10-17-2022, 04:17 PM

20,888 posts, read 28,259,688 times
got the 2 initial moderna shots but no boosters for me, I'll pass
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness