Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2022, 07:54 AM

35,077 posts, read 31,302,097 times

Advertisements

I have probably had sleep apnea for many years. After being given a hand-me-down CPAP that finally gave out, I got a proper sleep test done through the Low T Center. The results were terrible - 98 AHI (apnea events an hour basically) per minute on a "good" conditions night - sleeping slightly elevated, no alcohol for days, at home, etc.

I got the CPAP, and AHI is now <5 with treatment.

While going through the CPAP evaluation, I was given a routine blood panel. My T was low - 150 range. In any event, I got started on TRT injections. It's been about two months, and I'm now around 700.

My energy and libido have improved, but I've gone from getting nearly no deep sleep per night to at least three or four hours. According to my watch, the vast, vast majority of my sleep is either "still/restful," or "deep." Before the CPAP, I might get three or four hours of quality sleep a night. I was mostly gasping and thrashing while sleeping lightly, if at all.

The TRT isn't cheap. I feel better, but probably because I'm actually sleeping properly now. I can't imagine that t would be normal if a person's sleep is as bad as mine was. Any idea how I can tease out what might be doing what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2022, 03:49 PM

23,303 posts, read 18,837,889 times
Process of elimination. Stop one for a while. Note any change. Then start that up again and stop the other.

Old 09-20-2022, 06:01 AM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Can you stop the T?

Old 09-22-2022, 09:25 AM

48,529 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I would never go to a T center. When DH suspected he was low on T, all the guys he worked with went to a T Center. I sent him to urologist. So his T is covered by medical insurance.

I started with a CPAP a couple months ago, my baseline was an apnea event every minute and a half, and worse. I received almost no quality sleep. Now it is <3 an hour. I feel like a new person.

If I were you, I would stop the T for a month and see how you feel. Then, if you still feel tired, go to an actual doctor (if you have coverage) and start the T again.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-22-2022, 07:29 PM

35,077 posts, read 31,302,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I would never go to a T center. When DH suspected he was low on T, all the guys he worked with went to a T Center. I sent him to urologist. So his T is covered by medical insurance.

I started with a CPAP a couple months ago, my baseline was an apnea event every minute and a half, and worse. I received almost no quality sleep. Now it is <3 an hour. I feel like a new person.

If I were you, I would stop the T for a month and see how you feel. Then, if you still feel tired, go to an actual doctor (if you have coverage) and start the T again.
My apneas were every forty seconds on average. The T clinic nurse practitioner said it was the worst he had ever seen at anyone my size. I had a deviated septum, and had surgery when I was 19-20, but the symptoms with the congestion and stuff never improved.

I had the last T injection two weeks ago Saturday. I feel no different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness