U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-18-2022, 09:12 AM
 
Location: Southern California
11,985 posts, read 13,072,191 times
Reputation: 14092

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I don't have experience with compression socks. Wish I did.

I wonder if you could get insurance to pay for them using a medical supply store?

I guess we'll see if this is all that is wrong with your feet. I hope it will be something easy like buying compression socks

Thanks for replying. Since I know absolutely nothing about compression socks, I started this thread:
//www.city-data.com/forum/healt...ns-please.html


Vascular dr said my vein was leaking & that the procedure is they have to have me do this sock thing first for as little as a month BEFORE they can put in for the vein ablation procedure, in which I surely don't want to have to do that!

In the meantime though, yes, I do plan to try the physical therapy also. I've started to wonder if compression socks are alright for people who've had achilles tendon ruptures. I'll ask TV dr. See, I have 2 separate issues going on w/ my foot, so I'm working w/ 2 types of specialists (podiatrist & vascular).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-07-2022, 09:07 AM
 
Location: Southern California
11,985 posts, read 13,072,191 times
Reputation: 14092
Update from 2nd Podiatrist Appt:

I saw a 2nd podiatrist the other day & not much was said. She obtained the 3 x-ray reports I took, said due to the leaking vein she wanted to refer to vascular dr. I said I've seen one & he said to wear compression socks & she agreed. I asked if people just wear them forever & she said yes. She said as one ages, the veins tend to leak. I asked if I'd ever need any kind of surgery down the road & she said not for swelling. I was doing all the asking of questions more than what she was saying. She encourages some walking & definitely elevating the foot. She said to wear the sock on BOTH legs & not just my affected one from the moment I wake to when I go to bed. (Now my TV podiatrist said to do physical therapy, which would help w/ the swelling so) I asked if PT would help & she said no. So no real answers.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2022, 11:55 AM
 
8,253 posts, read 6,088,754 times
Reputation: 19107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Update from 2nd Podiatrist Appt:

I saw a 2nd podiatrist the other day & not much was said. She obtained the 3 x-ray reports I took, said due to the leaking vein she wanted to refer to vascular dr. I said I've seen one & he said to wear compression socks & she agreed. I asked if people just wear them forever & she said yes. She said as one ages, the veins tend to leak. I asked if I'd ever need any kind of surgery down the road & she said not for swelling. I was doing all the asking of questions more than what she was saying. She encourages some walking & definitely elevating the foot. She said to wear the sock on BOTH legs & not just my affected one from the moment I wake to when I go to bed. (Now my TV podiatrist said to do physical therapy, which would help w/ the swelling so) I asked if PT would help & she said no. So no real answers.
If I were you.... I'd get the physical therapy started. I was very happy with my PT and I really liked being able to ask lots of questions while I was there. My doctors were great but it was my physical therapist who restored me.

I'd also walk as much as possible and break up the sitting whenever you can.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2022, 05:31 PM
 
Location: Southern California
11,985 posts, read 13,072,191 times
Reputation: 14092
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
If I were you.... I'd get the physical therapy started. I was very happy with my PT and I really liked being able to ask lots of questions while I was there. My doctors were great but it was my physical therapist who restored me.

I'd also walk as much as possible and break up the sitting whenever you can.

Thanks a lot for your info! Did you have the same condition as me (vein leakage)? How many weeks of PT did you do before you saw improvement? Did you wear a compression sock in the meanttime? I asked my GP & they're putting in for the referral today! My first podiatrist I saw did say PT will help, but since I paid out-of-pocket to see her quicker, anyone she refers me to may not accpet my insurance, so I went through my GP.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2022, 06:53 PM
 
8,253 posts, read 6,088,754 times
Reputation: 19107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Thanks a lot for your info! Did you have the same condition as me (vein leakage)? How many weeks of PT did you do before you saw improvement? Did you wear a compression sock in the meanttime? I asked my GP & they're putting in for the referral today! My first podiatrist I saw did say PT will help, but since I paid out-of-pocket to see her quicker, anyone she refers me to may not accpet my insurance, so I went through my GP.
No I had different severe injuries, broken left wrist and broken right elbow. My PT gave me constant advice about when to wear the braces, the slings, wraps, movement, etc. I asked her questions almost the whole time. She was the one who managed my care and reported results to the doctor. I didn't have insurance, I was cash pay. I went 2 times a week 2 hours each time for 3 months.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2022, 09:37 PM
 
Location: Southern California
11,985 posts, read 13,072,191 times
Reputation: 14092
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
No I had different severe injuries, broken left wrist and broken right elbow. My PT gave me constant advice about when to wear the braces, the slings, wraps, movement, etc. I asked her questions almost the whole time. She was the one who managed my care and reported results to the doctor. I didn't have insurance, I was cash pay. I went 2 times a week 2 hours each time for 3 months.

I see, thanks for replying again. Well, I hope you're doing well these days! I've got a little ways to go to hopefully be back to normal! I'm praying all the time & my loved one are praying for me too.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top