Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2022, 11:55 AM

20,935 posts, read 28,420,556 times

Advertisements

My husband has been working from home since 2020. Friday when I came home he was sitting outside on our porch waiting for me to come home. We sat outside for a few minutes then went inside. All of a sudden he had the chills. Took his temperature and it was 99.0.As the weekend went on his fever ranged from 99 to 101. Took 2 at home covid tests Negative. Went to Urgent care Monday Covid test negative, Flu test negative. No other symptoms except a headache and lower back pain ( he's had lower back pain on and off for awhile and was seeing a chiropractor.) He's very weak and has lost his appetite although I am making him eat soup and some other light foods. He's drinking plenty of fluids and urinating fine so we don't think it's dehydration. BS level was 150 yesterday. Going to Primary Care Dr. tomorrow because he is not in today and was booked solid yesterday. I am going to have the Dr. do bloodwork as well. He's extremely fatigued but has trouble resting. Any thoughts on what it could be? like I said we are going to the regular doctor tomorrow. He rarely gets fevers. Last time he was this sick was when he caught the Flu 6 years ago. His lungs were clear, no cough, no sneezing or stuffy nose. My mom thinks it maybe another Covid Variant. BTW he rarely goes anywhere except to visit his mom that's why I don't think it's covid related. Hopefully we can find out why his fever is sticking around even though he takes Advil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2022, 12:43 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,570 posts, read 81,167,557 times
Please do encourage him to follow up until something is found and can be treated. Hopefully it's a short term minor flu of some sort, but it could turn out to be more serious. Just last week a 7 year old boy in our neighborhood was found dead in the morning, and had not been sick at all. The autopsy determine that it was sepsis from a non-symptomatic, undiagnosed kidney infection. That's an extreme case that I had never heard of before, but it's definitely something to be aware of.

Old 09-28-2022, 12:49 PM

We will keep following up until we know what is going on. Hopefully blood work may find something.

Old 09-28-2022, 03:15 PM

10,555 posts, read 7,750,499 times
5 days? I had a low fever for at least 2 weeks around April, along with cold symptoms. Night sweats too, which I've never had before. Three home Covid tests were all negative. Who knows? Some people in my circle think it was Covid. Whatever it was, this was the sickest I'd been since being a kid.

It was annoying but not alarming for me. So, didn't visit a doctor since I have no underlying health issues.

Your husband's extreme fatigure probably warrants checking into if it lasts much longer. I had fatigue, but that's to be expected when ill.

Old 09-28-2022, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
5 days? I had a low fever for at least 2 weeks around April, along with cold symptoms. Night sweats too, which I've never had before. Three home Covid tests were all negative. Who knows? Some people in my circle think it was Covid. Whatever it was, this was the sickest I'd been since being a kid.

It was annoying but not alarming for me. So, didn't visit a doctor since I have no underlying health issues.

Your husband's extreme fatigue probably warrants checking into if it lasts much longer. I had fatigue, but that's to be expected when ill.
He has underlying health issues. He's type 2 diabetic as well. He has no cold symptoms but has a headache that won't go away even with Advil. We just want to know what's causing this.

Old 09-29-2022, 09:03 AM

Today my husband checked his temperature and it was 94 degrees. Weird. Says he feels better. Dr. Appt. is at 5:30 pm today.

Old 09-29-2022, 09:14 AM

1,147 posts, read 861,964 times
They need to check for subacute bacterial endocarditis among many other things.

Old 09-29-2022, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medical Lab Guy View Post
They need to check for subacute bacterial endocarditis among many other things.
You really think he may have that? His BP at the urgent care was 108/63. I am not a doctor but I know my husband and his health. I was thinking his diabetes may be a factor, he also has a underactive Thyroid and takes meds for that.
Plus 3 months ago he had full blood work and the only concern was his A1C which was 10. 1 year ago it was down to 7

Old 09-29-2022, 10:02 AM

1,147 posts, read 861,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
You really think he may have that? His BP at the urgent care was 108/63. I am not a doctor but I know my husband and his health. I was thinking his diabetes may be a factor, he also has a underactive Thyroid and takes meds for that.
Plus 3 months ago he had full blood work and the only concern was his A1C which was 10. 1 year ago it was down to 7
Yeah, I really don't know. your husband but I was trying to put the medical context of intermittent fever if that is what one is talking about. In reality, the temperature never went over 101 degrees which most people consider a fever. Some people have a rise in temperature rather than going over a specific temperature number.
Temperatures can vary a couple of degrees.

Diabetics are more susceptible to infections. One looks to urine, blood, and lung for sources and symptoms associated with each.

Old 09-29-2022, 12:39 PM

10,891 posts, read 7,386,537 times
I had intermittent fevers. They tested for a huge list of diseases; there are LOTS of things that can cause fevers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness