U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-20-2022, 10:25 AM
 
Location: NH
3,598 posts, read 3,209,584 times
Reputation: 5199

Advertisements

My wife is 43 and was vaccinated when the military made it a requirement. When this started occurring i tried looking it up and i saw there were many cases reported but it was nothing officially documented for concern. I recently looked it up again and due to the number of cases it is apparently being studied now. She recently went to the doctor and the doctor says it is possibly due to anxiety, lack of sleep, an STD, etc. She stated those possible causes did not apply and that it had only occurred since receiving the vaccine the doctor stated the vaccine had nothing to do with it. Ironically when the doctor left, the nurse came in and said they have seen a huge number of similar cases come in recently for the same thing and that she believes it is due to the vaccine and there is a study out to support that.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 10-20-2022, 11:23 AM
 
Location: Islip,NY
20,281 posts, read 26,151,083 times
Reputation: 23501
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
I feel like everyone has different experiences with Covid and one of the reasons why its hard for me to base my opinion off of what we are told vs what I have seen. There are many friends and family that do go out and get their booster when available and these are the same people that have always been extra cautious, ironically, they are the ones that seem to have come down with Covid more so than my unvaccinated friends. Out of those I know who have been vaccinated; 3 of them started having heart issues within weeks of each other and these same people have never had any heart issues before, it was only after the vaccine that this occurred. Also, my wife since being vaccinated gets her period twice a month now. The nurse at the doctors office said they have been having a lot more cases of this lately. We certainly do not want to give this to out 13 year old daughter and have this effect her the same way.

If we did have a family with health issues though and their health would be compromised if they got Covid, we would certainly take a look and see if the vaccination outweighed the risks, and if so, which one to receive.
Interesting that you mention Heart Issues. A close friend of mine got vaccinated last November. Ever since then she has had heart issues and never did before. She's 49 and had a heart attack this past July. Her family thinks it's due to the covid vaccine but she thinks it isn't. I am not sure myself.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-20-2022, 11:48 AM
 
Location: Mayberry
34,938 posts, read 14,974,591 times
Reputation: 71045
My Granddaughter 11, said she would take it, in order to go to school, she hates missing school, fortunately for her it wasn't a requirement. They were due to fly out here in August, when daughter got it, she works in a hospital, then hubby got it. So there went that trip. My Dad and I got it in June and daughter was worried that we wouldn't be healthy enough when they came, then wam, both parents got it. Daughter had had 3 shots, works in a hospital, husband, none, Dad and I 3 shots.

I'm not getting anymore till next year if it becomes a yearly, studied vaccine.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-20-2022, 12:00 PM
 
Location: NH
3,598 posts, read 3,209,584 times
Reputation: 5199
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Interesting that you mention Heart Issues. A close friend of mine got vaccinated last November. Ever since then she has had heart issues and never did before. She's 49 and had a heart attack this past July. Her family thinks it's due to the covid vaccine but she thinks it isn't. I am not sure myself.
My neighbors are very pro vaccine and will get boosters until they no longer manufacture them, lol. They are a younger couple, early to mid 30's and the husband was rushed to the hospital one morning about a month ago in an ambulance because of heart issues. The doctor told him it was most likely stress related but its just ironic that everyone I know that has had heart issues recently had taken the vaccine around the same time and non of them ever had heart issues before. It could be coincidence, but I dont think it is.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-20-2022, 12:37 PM
 
2,975 posts, read 1,830,165 times
Reputation: 3337
...almost every poster has referred to this 'shot' as a vaccine....so, is this shot a 'vaccine' or is it 'gene therapy'?....it certainly would make a difference, no?...
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-20-2022, 05:47 PM
 
Location: The Piedmont of North Carolina
3,567 posts, read 1,337,844 times
Reputation: 4075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
My grandson, age 9 wants a COVID vaccine. He had omicron in January, said he doesn't want to get sick again. What brought it on is he's currently having symptoms, got tested yesterday.
The Covid-19 vaccine does not prevent anyone from not getting Covid-19. And, receiving a vaccination, now, will not alleviate any symptoms he is currently experiencing.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-20-2022, 07:16 PM
 
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
176 posts, read 99,386 times
Reputation: 599
Good Lord. These poor kids.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-20-2022, 08:13 PM
 
3,496 posts, read 4,085,629 times
Reputation: 5976
On Saturday October 15, I received the Moderna booster shot. This is my 5th Covid vaccine, but my first Moderna. The other 4 were Pfizer.

Today is day 5 of having wavering flu-like symptoms including headaches, cough, bone and muscle aches, fever induced chills and sweats, and extreme tiredness. Last night, with a fever of 102F, I drove to a nearby Urgent Care facility. They tested me for Covid, the flu, strep throat, and conducted chest x-rays. All tests were negative. Nothing of concern on the x-ray. The best the attending physician could do was prescribe 500mg of Tylenol every 6 hours for the fever. Like clockwork, the chills kick in about an hour before my scheduled Tylenol dosage.

I don't know how long this will last but it is definitely worrisome. Wish I had waited for the Pfizer booster.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-21-2022, 06:45 AM
 
Location: in your dreams
18,525 posts, read 18,210,368 times
Reputation: 25500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
?

The Pfizer booster is recommended for 12 and up, Moderna 18 and up.


My 24 year old daughter got the Pfizer booster a couple weeks ago.

Still following the science... I have loved ones who took this jab, so naturally I'm very concerned. ♥ Praying for everyone. +


>>>MSN: Pfizer Admits It Did Not Know If COVID Vaccine Prevented Transmission Of Virus When Rollout Began

https://www.msn.com/en-in/health/nut...an/ar-AA12UVUp



>>>mRNA: Who Should Get It? Why ALL Vaccines For Everyone At Any Age Is NOT Good Medicine


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2x5a65CQR4

(It's Dr. Drew, but bear with me here... @1:44)



Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post

...almost every poster has referred to this 'shot' as a vaccine....so, is this shot a 'vaccine' or is it 'gene therapy'?....it certainly would make a difference, no?...

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000


That's the gazillion dollar question, ain't it
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-24-2022, 09:15 PM
 
Location: NJ
22,619 posts, read 30,184,968 times
Reputation: 27652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
I read that too, and I certainly think it's plausible that there may be some validity to those reports. It should be further investigated, particularly in women under 40. My periods are irregular since I got the Covid shot. The last few months, I've had periods starting at Day 24, but only Day 19 before that. The month before, it was Day 57.

Should I assume that's likely due to the fact I've had 4 Covid vaccinations or the fact that I'm 51? How old is mustang's wife? In her mid 40's or older? Usually the simplest answer is the right one.

I'd blame the vaccines in your case. Thankfully, I was done by age 51. Do not miss it! My daughter has bleeding issues, maybe she should not get the Pfizer...


Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
My wife is 43 and was vaccinated when the military made it a requirement. When this started occurring i tried looking it up and i saw there were many cases reported but it was nothing officially documented for concern. I recently looked it up again and due to the number of cases it is apparently being studied now. She recently went to the doctor and the doctor says it is possibly due to anxiety, lack of sleep, an STD, etc. She stated those possible causes did not apply and that it had only occurred since receiving the vaccine the doctor stated the vaccine had nothing to do with it. Ironically when the doctor left, the nurse came in and said they have seen a huge number of similar cases come in recently for the same thing and that she believes it is due to the vaccine and there is a study out to support that.


I believe the study was out of an Ohio university. Your wife's doctor is a moron. It is highly documented on google, articles, message board posts. Is her doctor a male? I'd switch.

That's a long time for it to be affected by the vaccine. I have not looked into it in at least a year. It was supposed to be a temporary thing, I guess it is not for some people.



Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
My neighbors are very pro vaccine and will get boosters until they no longer manufacture them, lol. They are a younger couple, early to mid 30's and the husband was rushed to the hospital one morning about a month ago in an ambulance because of heart issues. The doctor told him it was most likely stress related but its just ironic that everyone I know that has had heart issues recently had taken the vaccine around the same time and non of them ever had heart issues before. It could be coincidence, but I dont think it is.

I'm with you, I don't think it's stress or coincidence.

I think they're going to learn in the coming years that the Pfizer and Moderna also affected the heart but worst than the rare one due to the J&J vaccine which is what I got.



Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
The Covid-19 vaccine does not prevent anyone from not getting Covid-19. And, receiving a vaccination, now, will not alleviate any symptoms he is currently experiencing.

I know it doesn't stop anyone from getting COVID, nor does it help symptoms. I honestly don't know why my grandson even wants one



Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
On Saturday October 15, I received the Moderna booster shot. This is my 5th Covid vaccine, but my first Moderna. The other 4 were Pfizer.

Today is day 5 of having wavering flu-like symptoms including headaches, cough, bone and muscle aches, fever induced chills and sweats, and extreme tiredness. Last night, with a fever of 102F, I drove to a nearby Urgent Care facility. They tested me for Covid, the flu, strep throat, and conducted chest x-rays. All tests were negative. Nothing of concern on the x-ray. The best the attending physician could do was prescribe 500mg of Tylenol every 6 hours for the fever. Like clockwork, the chills kick in about an hour before my scheduled Tylenol dosage.

I don't know how long this will last but it is definitely worrisome. Wish I had waited for the Pfizer booster.

The J&J vaccine did similar to me but I had side effects for over 3 weeks. Side effects were a mild version of the side effects I had from the shingles vaccine.

I thought only Pfizer had the new booster? Does Moderna have it too? Why did you go with that one?
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top