U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2022, 05:49 PM

3,495 posts, read 4,076,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
On Saturday October 15, I received the Moderna booster shot. This is my 5th Covid vaccine, but my first Moderna. The other 4 were Pfizer.

Today is day 5 of having wavering flu-like symptoms including headaches, cough, bone and muscle aches, fever induced chills and sweats, and extreme tiredness. Last night, with a fever of 102F, I drove to a nearby Urgent Care facility. They tested me for Covid, the flu, strep throat, and conducted chest x-rays. All tests were negative. Nothing of concern on the x-ray. The best the attending physician could do was prescribe 500mg of Tylenol every 6 hours for the fever. Like clockwork, the chills kick in about an hour before my scheduled Tylenol dosage.

I don't know how long this will last but it is definitely worrisome. Wish I had waited for the Pfizer booster.
Update from my October 20 post:

On Friday morning October 21, I visited the pharmacy where I'd gotten the Moderna booster. I wanted some advice from the pharmacist. The pharmacist sent a tech, who made note of my concern. I could hear the tech as she relayed my message to the pharmacist. Before the tech was done speaking the pharmacist told her, "He's just gonna have to ride it out." Although I already knew the pharmacist's response, I allowed the tech to relay the message in full before thanking her and leaving.

With no symptom improvement, I went to bed early that Friday evening. I woke up around 1am feeling no better or worse than when I'd gone to bed. I started making plans to visit a hospital ER within the next 2 days. The more I thought about it, the louder that voice in my head told me to take that 30-minute drive right at the moment. I listened and was checked into the ER by 2am. By 4am a few blood samples were drawn, and a CT-scan was conducted. Five-thirty am, and in came the news: Pulmonary Embolism (PE). My lungs were littered with blood clots. Within minutes I was placed on IV-fed blood thinners. Not knowing diddly squat about PE, I took in the information and waited for the next set of tests making light of the information. Heck, I even did a few real squats in my assigned ER space from boredom.

As the day progressed, I was visited by a battery of doctors all with a variety of questions. Although they all wore masks, I could see concern in their eyes.

I was transferred to an ICU room Saturday evening where I was looked after by a good group of RNs. On Sunday morning I was seen by a pulmonologist who was pleased with the subsequent blood test results since blood thinners were introduced. I was released from the hospital Sunday afternoon.

Throughout the entire time I was in the hospital, I was barely able to speak as it would cause me to cough violently. Once at home, I was able to speak a little. A retired RN in my family called. She's that one person in the family who doesn't sugarcoat reality. Her words, "you are lucky to be alive."
Rate this post positively

Old 10-26-2022, 08:55 AM

8,174 posts, read 6,025,222 times
OMG - thank goodness you went to the ER!!!!! I assume the doctors will want to follow up and make sure the blood thinners continue to work. Keep us updated.

Old 10-26-2022, 10:55 AM

982 posts, read 334,618 times
You need to get the initial series (two shots) done before the booster.

I don't have young kids, but almost everyone I know has had the first two shots, and most people have had one booster so far, including myself. I know zero people who have had anything more serious than chills and a fever for a day after the vaccine, mainly after the second dose. Most had only a sore arm and maybe a mild headache or mild body aches.

I do know two people personally who died from Covid. My cousin was on a ventilator and lived to tell the tale. All three of these people were 50-53 years old. One who died had some serious comorbidities (diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure). The other two were active, fit men. Also know a good handful who were hospitalized. 100% of the people who died or who were hospitalized that I know were unvaccinated. All were older than 40, but not by much in some cases.

I'd get my healthy nine-year-old vaccinated mainly to protect others in the family who might be at higher risk. Even my young adult children got their shots and boosters to protect their grandparents, not as much to protect themselves. But the incidences of myocarditis and blood clots are much higher after the virus than after the shot even in young people, so they're also protecting themselves. (We all had covid over the summer, but it was mild for everyone, thankfully. Maybe it would have been regardless, but my 50-year-old active, fit cousin ending up on a vent gave me pause... maybe there's something in our family tree that caused him to have a poor outcome, who knows.)

Old 10-26-2022, 11:02 AM

982 posts, read 334,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
I read that too, and I certainly think it's plausible that there may be some validity to those reports. It should be further investigated, particularly in women under 40. My periods are irregular since I got the Covid shot. The last few months, I've had periods starting at Day 24, but only Day 19 before that. The month before, it was Day 57.

Should I assume that's likely due to the fact I've had 4 Covid vaccinations or the fact that I'm 51? How old is mustang's wife? In her mid 40's or older? Usually the simplest answer is the right one.
I'd find it odd if you were 51 and NOT having irregular periods by now. That's classic perimenopause.

I forgot that I did actually have "different" periods after each dose of the vaccine. Just for one cycle each. They were lighter and more stretched out, so instead of 3-4 days of bleeding and a day of spotting, I was having 6-8 days of light bleeding/spotting. Also, one of them came a few days early. My young adult daughter had a very heavy period after getting her second dose but that resolved by the next cycle. This isn't something I'd worry about in the slightest, since anything can throw off our cycles and our endometrium is part of the immune system.

Old 10-27-2022, 12:53 AM

22,498 posts, read 30,064,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Update from my October 20 post:

On Friday morning October 21, I visited the pharmacy where I'd gotten the Moderna booster. I wanted some advice from the pharmacist. The pharmacist sent a tech, who made note of my concern. I could hear the tech as she relayed my message to the pharmacist. Before the tech was done speaking the pharmacist told her, "He's just gonna have to ride it out." Although I already knew the pharmacist's response, I allowed the tech to relay the message in full before thanking her and leaving.

With no symptom improvement, I went to bed early that Friday evening. I woke up around 1am feeling no better or worse than when I'd gone to bed. I started making plans to visit a hospital ER within the next 2 days. The more I thought about it, the louder that voice in my head told me to take that 30-minute drive right at the moment. I listened and was checked into the ER by 2am. By 4am a few blood samples were drawn, and a CT-scan was conducted. Five-thirty am, and in came the news: Pulmonary Embolism (PE). My lungs were littered with blood clots. Within minutes I was placed on IV-fed blood thinners. Not knowing diddly squat about PE, I took in the information and waited for the next set of tests making light of the information. Heck, I even did a few real squats in my assigned ER space from boredom.

As the day progressed, I was visited by a battery of doctors all with a variety of questions. Although they all wore masks, I could see concern in their eyes.

I was transferred to an ICU room Saturday evening where I was looked after by a good group of RNs. On Sunday morning I was seen by a pulmonologist who was pleased with the subsequent blood test results since blood thinners were introduced. I was released from the hospital Sunday afternoon.

Throughout the entire time I was in the hospital, I was barely able to speak as it would cause me to cough violently. Once at home, I was able to speak a little. A retired RN in my family called. She's that one person in the family who doesn't sugarcoat reality. Her words, "you are lucky to be alive."

Glad to hear you're healing. How scary! Good thing you went to the ER!

Why did you go with Moderna? I believe only Pfizer has the new booster that targets the new strain. You didn't want "any booster" it should have been specific to the new booster if protection against the new strain was your goal.

It really doesn't matter because vaccinated are still getting this new COVID.

Old 10-27-2022, 07:07 AM

18,478 posts, read 18,132,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

Yes, it's been officially stated now that the 'vaccines' do not stop contraction or transmission.

Supreme Court Orders NYC To Reinstate Unvaccinated Employees, Give Backpay
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/oth...ay/ar-AA13mDiR

The New York Supreme Court pointed this out in its decision, saying “being vaccinated does not prevent an individual from contracting or transmitting COVID-19… the Petitioners should not have been terminated for choosing not to protect themselves.”

Old 10-27-2022, 08:35 AM

3,495 posts, read 4,076,925 times
Quote:

Why did you go with Moderna? I believe only Pfizer has the new booster that targets the new strain. You didn't want "any booster" it should have been specific to the new booster if protection against the new strain was your goal.

As for why I chose Moderna, frankly, I didn't think it would be any different from Pfizer, plus the fact that I had only experienced minor side effects with Pfizer vaccines and boosters. Surprise!

Old 10-27-2022, 12:49 PM

35,634 posts, read 38,106,433 times
Quote:

Both Pfizer and Moderna include the newer variants in their boosters.

The vaccinated are still at lower risk. In Washington State, as of October 12, 2022.

https://doh.wa.gov/sites/default/fil...Vaccinated.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Yes, it's been officially stated now that the 'vaccines' do not stop contraction or transmission.

Supreme Court Orders NYC To Reinstate Unvaccinated Employees, Give Backpay
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/oth...ay/ar-AA13mDiR

The New York Supreme Court pointed this out in its decision, saying “being vaccinated does not prevent an individual from contracting or transmitting COVID-19… the Petitioners should not have been terminated for choosing not to protect themselves.”
Lawyers have proven to be a poor source of medical information.

No vaccine will "stop" all infections.

The covid vaccines reduce infection and transmission.

"The team found that among individuals with COVID-19, those who received at least one vaccine shot were 24% less likely to infect close contacts— in this case cellmates — compared with unvaccinated prisoners. People who had been infected before were 21% less likely to infect others compared with prisoners with no previous infection, and those who had been both vaccinated and previously infected were 41% less likely to pass on the virus compared with unvaccinated individuals without a previous infection."

Old 10-27-2022, 02:02 PM

8,174 posts, read 6,025,222 times
None of my grandchildren will be getting it. Their parents have all decided no.

Old 10-27-2022, 10:44 PM

22,498 posts, read 30,064,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Both Pfizer and Moderna include the newer variants in their boosters.

The vaccinated are still at lower risk. In Washington State, as of October 12, 2022.

https://doh.wa.gov/sites/default/fil...Vaccinated.pdf

Lawyers have proven to be a poor source of medical information.

No vaccine will "stop" all infections.

The covid vaccines reduce infection and transmission.

"The team found that among individuals with COVID-19, those who received at least one vaccine shot were 24% less likely to infect close contacts— in this case cellmates — compared with unvaccinated prisoners. People who had been infected before were 21% less likely to infect others compared with prisoners with no previous infection, and those who had been both vaccinated and previously infected were 41% less likely to pass on the virus compared with unvaccinated individuals without a previous infection."

That's good. Could have sworn I read it was only Pfizer that targeted the newest variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingRebel View Post
Do any of you ever think of the long-term ramifications of this new "vaccine" for the children you are giving it to? Because it's impossible to know anything about it, since it's never been tested. Knowing this, the fact people are injecting children with this stuff is absolutely mind boggling to me. I would equate it to child abuse, to be honest.

Sperm counts are already at all time lows, and fertility issues are a major problem for women nowadays. Mostly due to all the microplastics and hormone altering chemicals our society loves to use. I can only imagine what this "vaccine" will do for this lost generation.

They should do a study of the people with fertility issues to see what vaccines they've had such as the HPV one. I've been reading that's what it causes later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
None of my grandchildren will be getting it. Their parents have all decided no.

I think this will end up with a no too since my daughter shouldn't get Pfizer. She won't let him have something that she won't get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.