U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2022, 12:31 AM

35,634 posts, read 38,106,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
They should do a study of the people with fertility issues to see what vaccines they've had such as the HPV one. I've been reading that's what it causes later on.
HPV (and other) vaccines do not cause "fertility issues".

https://journals.lww.com/greenjourna...on_and.96.aspx

CONCLUSION:
There was no association between HPV immunization and inability to become pregnant when desired. This information is valuable given public concerns regarding vaccine safety and persistently low HPV immunization rates.

More on HPV vaccines:

https://www.contemporaryobgyn.net/vi...o-hpv-vaccines

Treatment of precancerous HPV disease of the cervix can increase the risk of miscarriage and preterm labor.

HPV infections are more common in infertile males:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...re%20attention.

Two articles on HPV vaccines, from a naturopath, no less:

https://ndsforvaccines.com/seeds-of-...harm-patients/

https://ndsforvaccines.com/hpv-vacci...in-prevention/
Rate this post positively

Old 10-28-2022, 01:16 PM

163 posts, read 88,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
HPV (and other) vaccines do not cause "fertility issues".

https://journals.lww.com/greenjourna...on_and.96.aspx

CONCLUSION:
There was no association between HPV immunization and inability to become pregnant when desired. This information is valuable given public concerns regarding vaccine safety and persistently low HPV immunization rates.

More on HPV vaccines:

https://www.contemporaryobgyn.net/vi...o-hpv-vaccines

Treatment of precancerous HPV disease of the cervix can increase the risk of miscarriage and preterm labor.

HPV infections are more common in infertile males:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...re%20attention.

Two articles on HPV vaccines, from a naturopath, no less:

https://ndsforvaccines.com/seeds-of-...harm-patients/

https://ndsforvaccines.com/hpv-vacci...in-prevention/
It's only been widely used since 2010 (came on market in 2006) so not sure how they could already come to that conclusion.

Old 10-28-2022, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingRebel View Post
It's only been widely used since 2010 (came on market in 2006) so not sure how they could already come to that conclusion.
Vaccinated women are no less likely to be able to get pregnant than unvaccinated women. Just compare the two groups.

Old 10-28-2022, 09:44 PM

22,498 posts, read 30,064,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingRebel View Post

Agree. I think if anything, they will be having issues about now as the teens that had no kids before vaccinations start settling down to have a family. Will be interesting to see if anyone puts it together that they all had the vaccine.

Old 10-28-2022, 10:51 PM

22,498 posts, read 30,064,115 times
Just caught this article

New Covid boosters aren’t better than old shots at neutralizing omicron BA.5, early studies find

Quote:
Scientists at Columbia and Harvard, in two independent studies, found that the new Covid boosters don’t trigger a better response against omicron BA.5 than the old shots.
The studies are small and preliminary, but they suggest boosters might not be much better at preventing infection and mild illness.
But the new boosters appear to produce at least as good an immune response as the old shots, which means they’ll still increase protection this fall and winter.

Old 10-28-2022, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Agree. I think if anything, they will be having issues about now as the teens that had no kids before vaccinations start settling down to have a family. Will be interesting to see if anyone puts it together that they all had the vaccine.
You are making an assumption for which there is no evidence - the evidence is quite the contrary.

Old 10-29-2022, 08:28 AM

18,478 posts, read 18,132,047 times
Quote:

Lawyers have proven to be a poor source of medical information.
I would imagine they used the data just recently provided by Pfizer as evidence to file the lawsuits in the first place. I'm no lawyer but I'm pretty sure that's how that works..

~The narrative is slowly changing, in time you will see.

Old 11-15-2022, 04:38 PM

3,495 posts, read 4,076,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Update from my October 20 post:

On Friday morning October 21, I visited the pharmacy where I'd gotten the Moderna booster. I wanted some advice from the pharmacist. The pharmacist sent a tech, who made note of my concern. I could hear the tech as she relayed my message to the pharmacist. Before the tech was done speaking the pharmacist told her, "He's just gonna have to ride it out." Although I already knew the pharmacist's response, I allowed the tech to relay the message in full before thanking her and leaving.

With no symptom improvement, I went to bed early that Friday evening. I woke up around 1am feeling no better or worse than when I'd gone to bed. I started making plans to visit a hospital ER within the next 2 days. The more I thought about it, the louder that voice in my head told me to take that 30-minute drive right at the moment. I listened and was checked into the ER by 2am. By 4am a few blood samples were drawn, and a CT-scan was conducted. Five-thirty am, and in came the news: Pulmonary Embolism (PE). My lungs were littered with blood clots. Within minutes I was placed on IV-fed blood thinners. Not knowing diddly squat about PE, I took in the information and waited for the next set of tests making light of the information. Heck, I even did a few real squats in my assigned ER space from boredom.

As the day progressed, I was visited by a battery of doctors all with a variety of questions. Although they all wore masks, I could see concern in their eyes.

I was transferred to an ICU room Saturday evening where I was looked after by a good group of RNs. On Sunday morning I was seen by a pulmonologist who was pleased with the subsequent blood test results since blood thinners were introduced. I was released from the hospital Sunday afternoon.

Throughout the entire time I was in the hospital, I was barely able to speak as it would cause me to cough violently. Once at home, I was able to speak a little. A retired RN in my family called. She's that one person in the family who doesn't sugarcoat reality. Her words, "you are lucky to be alive."

Here's an update re: my current health condition:

On the evening of October 31, I took myself back to the ER as I could barely breath. I was discharged a few hours later with instruction not to use my inhaler for a few days and to stop taking cough medicine. I'm still on blood thinners, and from the looks of it, I will be on thinners for 6 months.

Since the last trip to the ER, I began doing light workouts at home and have been to the gym twice. My lungs are starting to feel normal again. Seems like the more exercise I get and the deeper I breathe, the better my lung capacity becomes.

OH, before I forget, I went to pick up a takeout order I'd placed at a favorite restaurant. I got talking with the waitress whom I hadn't seen in a while. When she mentioned how I did not look well I told her about the blood clots in my lung. She then told me that she too had blood clots in her legs after getting the last Moderna booster shot. The waitress is somewhere between her late 30's and early 40's.

Old 11-17-2022, 03:18 AM

18,478 posts, read 18,132,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Here's an update re: my current health condition:

On the evening of October 31, I took myself back to the ER as I could barely breath. I was discharged a few hours later with instruction not to use my inhaler for a few days and to stop taking cough medicine. I'm still on blood thinners, and from the looks of it, I will be on thinners for 6 months.

Since the last trip to the ER, I began doing light workouts at home and have been to the gym twice. My lungs are starting to feel normal again. Seems like the more exercise I get and the deeper I breathe, the better my lung capacity becomes.

OH, before I forget, I went to pick up a takeout order I'd placed at a favorite restaurant. I got talking with the waitress whom I hadn't seen in a while. When she mentioned how I did not look well I told her about the blood clots in my lung. She then told me that she too had blood clots in her legs after getting the last Moderna booster shot. The waitress is somewhere between her late 30's and early 40's.
I'm really glad to hear you're starting to feel better. As much as it seems like everyone just wants to ignore that people are now facing very real and scary health issues from side effects,, Please remember there are plenty of us who do care, so do not lose hope. I don't even know you, but just knowing that you are struggling with all this, I'm thankful to read any update! Stay positive and take it one day at a time.

Old 11-17-2022, 05:35 AM

3,148 posts, read 1,776,727 times
Quote:
You are making an assumption for which there is no evidence - the evidence is quite the contrary.
Until it isn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.