U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do people think your older or younger than your actual age?
Younger 70 93.33%
Older 5 6.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2022, 11:37 AM

7,089 posts, read 3,961,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Play_Poker View Post
I don't believe anyone would ever tell a person they looked older no matter what they look like. With that, I used to think I looked older and would say so. Everyone bar none would tell me Oh you look younger for sure. I did not believe them and would say so.
OK, less than ten years later, I now believe they were telling the truth, because now nobody ever tells me I look younger, but they do not tell me I look older, they stay silent. I know I look older, I have eyes and mirrors, and I don't get hit on very often either, when it used to be if i was out and about I was getting hit on. So I have my plan in place, first I lose some weight, and next stop is the cosmetic surgeon. Not for anyone else. I have been attractive most of my life, and the difference in the way good looking people are treated, and the way plain or not good looking people are treated is ENORMOUS. I do not like being unattractive. It just isn't me. LOL well it won't be.
Good for you I support your outlook and decision. Cosmetic surgery is for those who want the change for themselves, not others.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2022, 11:59 AM

190 posts, read 49,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Good for you I support your outlook and decision. Cosmetic surgery is for those who want the change for themselves, not others.
Thanks, It is nice not getting the ole' What about being honest ? Don't you want to be natural? I don't plan on trying to fool anyone , and I don't like being naturally unattractive.

My only concern is finding a great surgeon. I would love any and all advice in that area.

Old 11-12-2022, 01:37 PM

3,388 posts, read 2,847,627 times
Way younger. I get asked my age when buying smokes or liquor. I'm 72!

Old 11-12-2022, 01:54 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,087,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
Please give more details

Old 11-12-2022, 02:05 PM

7,483 posts, read 4,566,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
How about when you're out drinking with your daughters and you get asked for an ID?
The last few times I was out, I got carded. I am 65. I think it is a requirement for some states/areas.
While I was in New Mexico, every time I bought a bottle of wine I had to show my ID. It has nothing to do with looking younger.

Old 11-12-2022, 02:10 PM

7,483 posts, read 4,566,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
... Almost everyone thinks they look younger than they are.
When I saw the subject of this post I already knew the majority would post they thought they looked younger

Old 11-12-2022, 02:43 PM

7,089 posts, read 3,961,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
As stated upthread, it's a state law requirement. Cashiers are REQUIRED to ask you no matter how old you are. For every cigarette, liquor and ammo sale the computer has to register that the person is of the required legal age. It has nothing to do with the way someone looks.

Old 11-13-2022, 04:22 PM

34 posts, read 9,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love-Me-Not View Post
I usually get younger but then I feel and look old. I am 34. Then again there's a saying " we are our own worst judge"

It does feel good though when I still get ask for ID when buying a lotto but that rarely happened.

How old do people think your age is? Younger or Older?
I often told I look a lot younger than my age. And it really pisses me off! I don't consider it as a compliment. I think I'm really young, not just looking like that. I was 36 this summer, but I told everyone I was 26 because I didn't want to hear those "compliments". But some people kept saying I didn't even look 26... And then I realized that most people just say that out of politeness, not because they really think so.

When I was 26-27, one man asked me what grade I was in. To get him off of me I said I was in 10th grade. But he said I looked too young for 10th grade because he thought I was in 8th grade.

Old 11-14-2022, 05:40 AM

3,575 posts, read 3,186,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Play_Poker View Post
I don't believe anyone would ever tell a person they looked older no matter what they look like. With that , I used to think I looked older and would say so. Everyone bar none would tell me Oh you look younger for sure. I did not believe them and would say so.
OK , less than ten years later , I now believe they were telling the truth , because now nobody ever tells me I look younger , but they do not tell me I look older, they stay silent. I know I look older, I have eyes and mirrors, and I don't get hit on very often either, when it used to be if i was out and about I was getting hit on. So I have my plan in place , first I lose some weight , and next stop is the cosmetic surgeon. Not for anyone else. I have been attractive most of my life , and the difference in the way good looking people are treated , and the way plain or not good looking people are treated is ENORMOUS. I do not like being unattractive. It just isn't me. LOL well it won't be.
I agree with you, but instead of cosmetic surgery im just hoping to pass on before I get to that point, lol. I love life, but have no desire to be old.

Old 11-14-2022, 02:15 PM

21,257 posts, read 22,160,846 times
Much older, my brains is that of a 99 year-old, who is nearing
the end, DOH.......and it shows!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness