Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2022, 12:43 AM

302 posts, read 308,056 times

Advertisements

Disclaimer... I am a man. (Or a wimp)

I have had weight issues for a while. I won't go into detail. Life has been very tough for me.
Sometimes I lose some weight, sometimes I don't. I usually don't give into the gimmick of CoolSculpting or contouring but ... I did.

It seemed to make sense and I am usually a good judge of these things.

I had it done last week. Abdomen/stomach/flanks.

This is day 4 of "recovery" but they say you can do basic things but then about 5-6 week mark you can start to build up your activity.

Firstly, I do not expect miracles but this is a reset/start for me to get into a better habit of diet and exercise. A mental and physical cleanse.

They took out 3.8L of the soft fat. Impressive.

Anyway, this is for body sculpting (not "Cool sculpting"). It's by "Elite Sculpting" and using their proprietary technology. A non-invasive procedure.

There are some concerns I have or maybe I just want to see if some folks know or understand this. And by no means am I looking for a "medical expert" online or anything... but if someone knows or has experience in these things... it would help!

I do itch a lot, which to me is strange. I itch on the hands and scalp and some parts of the face. Is this normal?

My stomach is still numb and feels odd. They say it can take a few days or weeks for it to come back to normal but this is because the nerves are trying to heal and "rebuild".

Some part of it feels like it is a sticky/glue feeling inside like "stuck"... cannot describe it. Like it just does not freely move with the body and is sore/tender. I guess it would be! But will this feeling come back and for me to be able to feel my "normal" self again?

Obviously... my body, my choice and have to live with what I do with it but just hoping there is no damage. Yeah, it can be scary at times (I am a worrier by nature).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2022, 11:48 AM

326 posts, read 200,242 times
I don’t understand but I’ve never looked into this before
How can I be non-invasive and yet be able to extract fat?

Old 11-15-2022, 01:01 PM

I guess it is not major surgery or anything like that. it is little to non invasive procedure. You are awake for the whole thing.

Old 11-15-2022, 02:08 PM

2,465 posts, read 2,759,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago2vegas View Post
I don’t understand but I’ve never looked into this before
How can I be non-invasive and yet be able to extract fat?
I just looked it up- it's minimally invasive surgery. Sounds very similar to liposuction.

Old 11-15-2022, 02:14 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
So, OP posted 4 days out when told it would take weeks.... hmmm

Old 11-15-2022, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
So, OP posted 4 days out when told it would take weeks.... hmmm
You completely missed my point. Not surprising these days

Old 11-15-2022, 05:26 PM

23,250 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
I guess it is not major surgery or anything like that. it is little to non invasive procedure. You are awake for the whole thing.
Have you discussed this with the doctor who did the procedure? It might reassure you that what you're experiencing at this stage is normal. The itching on your face/hands sounds more like a reaction to something...possibly an anesthesia agent? An OTC pain reliever would probably take the edge off.

Last edited by Parnassia; 11-15-2022 at 05:46 PM..

Old 11-15-2022, 08:28 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
OP---Have you read Linda Evangelista's story? What happened to her is rare but...it is something to watch out for:

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...fect-rcna16515

Old 11-15-2022, 10:39 PM

17,534 posts, read 13,324,825 times
And here I thought "Vanity, Vanity, Thy Name Is Woman"

Old 11-16-2022, 05:07 AM

273 posts, read 207,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
And here I thought "Vanity, Vanity, Thy Name Is Woman"
Ouch, what an uncalled for and rude comment. You could have just scrolled on by and not said anything. Might have saved the OP some bad feelings but NO, you had to comment to feel what .... superior? Consider using tact and compassion next time.

OP, there is a plastic surgery website you can check out to see reviews and questions similar to yours about various procedures. RealSelf.com

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness